Page 503 of 505 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505 LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5046

Thread: The 'Look, I just bought' thread

  1. #5021
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,911
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    ^^^^ dawwwwww, she looks just like you!


    Bought another frame, which arrived this afternoon, to house my pCARS1 memory

    Attachment 293605

    The small cut-out section under the steelbook is to display my quote from the 'community quotes' section of the booklet that came with the Limited Edition copies of the game.

    Attachment 293606


    Will sit on the wall nicely with the Hotwheels poster/car and the signed pCARS poster from SMS. With the pCARS2 collector's edition also now on display, I think I'll be hard pressed to forget how fantastic the last 11 and a bit years have been.
    That is an excellent idea. Looks great.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: cluck


  2. #5022
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,855
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    That was when I got my HP Reverb G2. Maybe still the best headset to own for a simracer, as long as it works.
    Meant to ask you about this earlier, why do you say that? Because of the high resolution? I'm asking because I am about to get a new headset to replace my Rift S, which I like a lot for other games, but for racing I could not stand the low resolution looking far ahead, so maybe indeed the G2 is what I'm looking for as well for racing.

  3. #5023
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    2,145
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Meant to ask you about this earlier, why do you say that? Because of the high resolution? I'm asking because I am about to get a new headset to replace my Rift S, which I like a lot for other games, but for racing I could not stand the low resolution looking far ahead, so maybe indeed the G2 is what I'm looking for as well for racing.
    Well, maybe todayīs best VR-headset would be a Pico 4, but... I donīt see why I as a pure simracer should have a stand-alone headset with batteries and a weird PC connection. I donīt mind being connected via cable, which gives me the chance to run endurance races without any worries. The display though is really good (pico and Varjo might be better, I donīt know those). A while ago I had a Rift S here and I have to say that the Reverb is about two classes better than that.

    Summing it all up, I am pretty happy with image quality, headphones and comfort. A bit wider FOV would be nice but I can live with what I have. I am just not that happy with reliability, my old Oculus CV1 is of much better quality (see a few pages before).

    When my last Reverb headset broke I thought about looking for a cheap solution for a while and then wait for the next great headset coming along soon. But which one would that be? From what I read on the internet even the follow-up of the Valve Index is going to be a stand-alone (if that is true). And currently there is no cheap solution. I donīt see any replacement for my Reverb any time soon and so I decided for a used headset for "only" 229 € to get on somehow. At least I can go on using the controllers as well as my VR cover face pad. Not happy with being stuck with HP though.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem, John Hargreaves


  4. #5024
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,855
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Well, maybe todayīs best VR-headset would be a Pico 4, but... I donīt see why I as a pure simracer should have a stand-alone headset with batteries and a weird PC connection. I donīt mind being connected via cable, which gives me the chance to run endurance races without any worries. The display though is really good (pico and Varjo might be better, I donīt know those). A while ago I had a Rift S here and I have to say that the Reverb is about two classes better than that.

    Summing it all up, I am pretty happy with image quality, headphones and comfort. A bit wider FOV would be nice but I can live with what I have. I am just not that happy with reliability, my old Oculus CV1 is of much better quality (see a few pages before).

    When my last Reverb headset broke I thought about looking for a cheap solution for a while and then wait for the next great headset coming along soon. But which one would that be? From what I read on the internet even the follow-up of the Valve Index is going to be a stand-alone (if that is true). And currently there is no cheap solution. I donīt see any replacement for my Reverb any time soon and so I decided for a used headset for "only" 229 € to get on somehow. At least I can go on using the controllers as well as my VR cover face pad. Not happy with being stuck with HP though.
    Thanks a lot for all the info! As I was afraid then, apparently I'm also gonna get stuck with HP now

  5. #5025
    WMD Member satco1066's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    2,022
    Platform
    PC
    i had the luck to test a Quest pro for 3 days.
    The pencake lenses are great, as there is no typical sweetspot problem anymore.
    But in view on the price, i have to stay with my Reverb and Quest 2 and wait for the Quest 3
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

    System MSI B550 | CPU Ryzen 7-5800X3D | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX3090 11GB | OS Win 11 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM Sparco, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals DC-Simracing | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box full size DIY Ferrari 488
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem, PostBox981


  6. #5026
    WMD Member bporion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,787
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    i had the luck to test a Quest pro for 3 days.
    The pencake lenses are great, as there is no typical sweetspot problem anymore.
    But in view on the price, i have to stay with my Reverb and Quest 2 and wait for the Quest 3
    so the best vr for racing is still the reverb g2 ?
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ Gigabyte GeForce RTX3080 ti gaming OC 12G , 3X windforce fans 12GB 384 bit gddrx6 \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ 49" Samsung C49RG90 \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ ButtKicker Simulation Kit \ SRS Shakekit Plus \ SRS tac and fan mod \ Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 \ DOFreality P3 \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Mclaren GT3 \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System . SteelSeries Artics 7 Wireless Gaming .

    First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

  7. #5027
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    2,145
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    so the best vr for racing is still the reverb g2 ?
    It all depends on you what is "best". Technically the Reverb is pretty flawless from my point of view. Good resolution, good sharpness, almost no screendoor-effect, pretty comfortable, good headphones that donīt touch your ears, not too heavy and a cable connection for as many hours in a row as you please. Hard to beat, if you ask me. Maybe the Pico is worth a try, if you donīt mind buying Chinese stuff. Maybe Pimax with a very wide FOV is even better for you. Itīs up to you.

    EDIT: Keep in mind my experience with HP service as well as the questionnable quality. Also the Reverb is very picky with USB connectors. Buy whatever you want, there will always be light and shadow.
    Last edited by PostBox981; 15-11-2022 at 18:00.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Olijke Poffer


  8. #5028
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    16,541
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    New tail lights for the Celica:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221124-094921_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	293772

    - First reason: because i like them.
    - Second reason: because the entire outside of the car is silver and black ATM. The body is silver and the rims are black. They will fit right into the look of the car, especially since i painted the interior of my head lights black:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220915_215131.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	293773
    Last edited by Konan; 27-11-2022 at 18:48.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bporion, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, PostBox981, Zulu


  9. #5029
    WMD Member bporion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,787
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    New tail lights for the Celica:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221124-094921_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	293772

    - First reason: because i like them.
    - Second reason: because the entire outside of the car is silver and black ATM. The body is silver and the rims are black. They will fit right into the look of the car, especially since i painted the interior of my head lights black:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220915_215131.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	293773
    nice car , what year ?
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ Gigabyte GeForce RTX3080 ti gaming OC 12G , 3X windforce fans 12GB 384 bit gddrx6 \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ 49" Samsung C49RG90 \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ ButtKicker Simulation Kit \ SRS Shakekit Plus \ SRS tac and fan mod \ Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 \ DOFreality P3 \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Mclaren GT3 \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System . SteelSeries Artics 7 Wireless Gaming .

    First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer


  10. #5030
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    16,541
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    2000... 320.000 km's
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Olijke Poffer


Similar Threads

  1. Using DLC cars without having bought it
    By Steam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 21:10
  2. I bought it because of Mr Bell
    By aleph99 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 19:33
  3. Bought the game... can't activate it
    By MikeJones in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 22:11
  4. I've bought the Limited Edition but I don't see the extra cars
    By davidslv in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 20:03
  5. Bought PS4 Limited Edition, Can't Activate DLC in US
    By rusky1 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 16:27

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •