Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Ford Focus have a tuning bug?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Does the Ford Focus have a tuning bug?

I was racing in Career mode and got the Focus It was my first time using a FWD car in this game. Tried numerous different tunes and they all held but the car drove like crap. Major understeer, while all the other cars of the same make were passing and driving a good line. This race was on Sonoma
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,
    Obutto Ozone, Buttkicker Simulation Kit

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Understeer is normal for a FWD car, very hard to tune out if its even possible for some FWD cars. You have to teach yourself to drive them differently then a RWD and AWD car.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    Understeer is normal for a FWD car, very hard to tune out if its even possible for some FWD cars. You have to teach yourself to drive them differently then a RWD and AWD car.
    Yes I'm aware of this. I just thought I remembered at some point reading that there is a bug with the Focus but don't know if that was someone's speculation or if it's confirmed. While knowing fwd has understeer I did everything I could. I'm not a master tuner but feel my tunes are decent enough to make a considerable change in the car. I usually play at 90% difficulty. But with the trouble I was having with this car I turned down to 80% and then 70%. I still was real slow in alot of turns compared to the other cars. Thinking it was my tune (tried several) I looked at some other people's tunes on the same car with not much improvement. I haven't had the chance to try other fwd cars yet .
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,

Platform
    PC
    It's a Ford, it's a given that it is riddled with bugs. Give it a bit of time and your power windows and central locking will be stuffed too.

phil
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hengist, Linx

https://www.facebook.com/Hengtek.Enterprises
    Platform
    PS4
    @ Linx, try the Clio as it's race spec. FWD rides are very dependent on good throttle control, especially lift-off oversteer when approaching an apex.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx View Post
    Yes I'm aware of this. I just thought I remembered at some point reading that there is a bug with the Focus but don't know if that was someone's speculation or if it's confirmed. While knowing fwd has understeer I did everything I could. I'm not a master tuner but feel my tunes are decent enough to make a considerable change in the car. I usually play at 90% difficulty. But with the trouble I was having with this car I turned down to 80% and then 70%. I still was real slow in alot of turns compared to the other cars. Thinking it was my tune (tried several) I looked at some other people's tunes on the same car with not much improvement. I haven't had the chance to try other fwd cars yet .
    It's not your tune.Its just crap to drive in this game!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok then let me ask this. Where should I focus more when tuning a FWD? Most of my sim Car tuning has been on Forza. Though my tunes have been working pretty good in Pcars, I'm still a bit unclear on the slow and fast bumps and dampers For example stiffening slow bump increases Oversteer while stiffening fast bump decreases Oversteer So why not Soften slow bump or if you need to decrease Oversteer. And then how do you know if you should adjust the front or rear? Just stuff like that I'm unclear on
    PS4 and Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by Flihp View Post
    It's a Ford, it's a given that it is riddled with bugs. Give it a bit of time and your power windows and central locking will be stuffed too.

phil

Must be the reason there's no Holdens in this game.
    Mobo:Gigabyte H77-D3H-MVP CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Memory:16Gig
    Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Driver382.53| Display: BenQ G2420HD 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | Power supply: 700 Watt
    Sound:
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Logitech G35 Headset Wheel: Logitech Formula Force USB - the red one (NOT using Profiler). Using Saitek_R440_Force_Wheel Windows 7 driver | OS: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    The following user likes this Post: Flihp

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pigsy View Post
    Must be the reason there's no Holdens in this game.
    Lol yeah very likely,

Platform
    PC
    You need to adjust your driving style to a FWD car. The focus is actually a very nice car, once you learn how to drive it
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass