Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project cars "The Matrix" glitch, cought in the wild on camera

Platform
    XBOX1

Project cars "The Matrix" glitch, cought in the wild on camera

So I saw someone say something about this in the general discussion part of the forum. So I figured I would display my proof. For those that don't know when running at certain tracks with certain cars with a max grid, you can slow down time... Here's a video uncut straight from my Xbox one. (BTW I have the digital edition which may be the only version being effected)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knfRIe8NC3U
    This is easily a game breaking glitch and must be sorted. I can make more video's if needed.
    Please excuse my horrible driving as I normally don't/can't drive LMP1 cars...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That's just the game fluctuating real bad. There are 44 AI cars that it has to do physic calculations for while being dynamic. Not to mention it's doing your car's way more complex physics calculations.

They need to lower total grid count on this game period, on consoles. AI cap should be between 15 & 23 cars (depending on track [especially if it's a heavy art track]). I'd rather have a smooth running dynamic game that stays very dang at or near 60fps regardless of what's happening in the screen.

I don't care about a grid that goes up from 25 & as high as 45. No point to have high grid count, if the games will fluctuate so bad on consoles because of it. I know they wanted console version to match PC version. However, consoles just can't handle the high grid counts, while being fully dynamic. You got to remember, this new generation of consoles is like having a mid grade PC. That means mid grade performance.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 04-08-2015 at 21:16.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, PTG Claret

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    That's just the game fps fluctuating real bad. There are 44 AI cars that it has to do physic calculations for while being dynamic. Not to mention it's doing your car's way more complex physics calculations.

They need to lower total grid count on this game period, on consoles. AI cap should be between 15/23 cars (depending on track [especially if it's a heavy art track]). I'd rather have a smooth running dynamic game. I don't care about a grid that goes from 25 & as high as 45. No point if the games fps will fluctuate so bad on consoles because of it.
    Personally I like large grid racing as it's something that separates Project cars from every other racing game. Thus far this is the only track car combo I've seen this with...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    Personally I like large grid racing as it's something that separates Project cars from every other racing game. Thus far this is the only track car combo I've seen this with...
    This game will never run smooth & fast with large grids. Especially certain art heavy tracks that have grids 30 or higher.

Run a full grid at Spa in LMP1, your lap times will be about 15/16 seconds or so slower. Vs if you were running alone or with a grid of no more than 23 AI. There's no point in the max high grid counts, if the game starts running real slow. That effects how you brake before & power out of a turn.

Full grid = no fun if game fluctuates real bad, causing your lap times & timing to be off

There are several tracks that effects. Example, full grid at Monza GP or Short will give you slow on screen action. Negatively effecting your normal lap times, with bad fluctuation.

From what I've gathered in trial and error. The game runs really smooth & fast with the AI grid between 15 & 23. Regardless of weather or time of day. Just depends on the track to determine If 15 or up to 23 is ideal.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 04-08-2015 at 21:38.
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I was racing at Oulton Park last night and could see it happening in my rear view mirror, it was like I was racing that kid from Wreck-it-Ralph......the Glitch!
    XBOX ONE, 51" Goggle box, Playseat Evo, Thrustmaster TX, GTE wheel, an old pair of TOMS and a wifey to bring refreshments!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    This is easily a game breaking glitch and must be sorted
    It never will be. You just won't see Project CARS run fast & smooth on the consoles with a full grid. I'm seriously considering a high end, beefed up gaming PC for Project Cars 2. I would love to have everything set to ultra & run above 60fps regardless of grid or weather.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 05-08-2015 at 14:19.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    It never will be. You just won't see Project CARS run fast & smooth on the consoles with a full grid. I'm seriously considering a high end, beefed up gaming PC for Project Cars 2. I would love to have everything set to ultra & run above 60fps regardless of grid or weather.
    I'm giving some thought to that for PC1 even. When I bought my XB1 I was trying to decide between the PS4 and XB1 (like a lot of people were I guess). I knew I wanted to play racing games so I got the XB1 because of Forza even though I knew the performance wasn't as good. Well FM5 turned out to be a big pile of suck so that plan didn't work out. My TX wheel is PC compatible but not with PS4 so if I want to upgrade, my best option (and most expensive) is to build a gaming PC. But you get a much richer UX with better performance, ability to map more keys to functions in game, offline analysis tools, etc.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, nissan4ever, Raven403

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I'm giving some thought to that for PC1 even. When I bought my XB1 I was trying to decide between the PS4 and XB1 (like a lot of people were I guess). I knew I wanted to play racing games so I got the XB1 because of Forza even though I knew the performance wasn't as good. Well FM5 turned out to be a big pile of suck so that plan didn't work out. My TX wheel is PC compatible but not with PS4 so if I want to upgrade, my best option (and most expensive) is to build a gaming PC. But you get a much richer UX with better performance, ability to map more keys to functions in game, offline analysis tools, etc.
    I have it on PC and its a way better experience all around, I just almost never play it cuz my league and friends are mostly all on Xbox, so there I remain until it doesnt pay anymore then ill migrate to PC full time most likely.
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven403 View Post
    I have it on PC and its a way better experience all around, I just almost never play it cuz my league and friends are mostly all on Xbox, so there I remain until it doesnt pay anymore then ill migrate to PC full time most likely.
    That's the other reason I went with Xbox. More people I know have Xboxes than PS4s.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Raven403

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    That's the other reason I went with Xbox. More people I know have Xboxes than PS4s.

That WAS the case with me, but I got betrayed, after I got mine most of my friends jumped ship to PS4, the bastards. I wouldnt have jumped over anyway lol
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/