Thread: Ford focus FFB issue

Platform
    PC

Ford focus FFB issue

As part of my career I am having to race the Ford Focus RS at Sonoma Raceway Short and there appears to be an issue with the FFB with this combination

The FFB seems to fade out for a while and then comes back and the wheel tries to snap to one side - its like a lag and then the FFB is released in one go

There are a few places this occurs. two being

the second half of the hair pin

the left hand bend just before the start of the downhill windy section - sorry don't know corner names

I tested the track with other cars but didn't have the issue and the focus is ok on other tracks.

Has anybody else noticed this
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    I think it's just how the car is. The FFB gets weak when you step on the gas, especially on uphill sections, because all the weight transfers to the rear.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    PC
    Yes I get the going light under acceleration that but this seems to happen after turns . There is around half a dozen places it happens , but you don't get it on other tracks with the car.

maybe a car/track combination issue, but it is a weird sensation and makes driving a horrible little car harder, think I liked the caterham better!!
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I think it's just how the car is. The FFB gets weak when you step on the gas, especially on uphill sections, because all the weight transfers to the rear.
    I concur. I really dislike how the Renault Megan feels. The only FWD I like the feeling of is the Renault Clio Cup. The rest stink. I'd much rather race RWD anyday anyway.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Yes I get the going light under acceleration that but this seems to happen after turns . There is around half a dozen places it happens , but you don't get it on other tracks with the car.

maybe a car/track combination issue, but it is a weird sensation and makes driving a horrible little car harder, think I liked the caterham better!!
    Try it in the rain at Sonoma and you'll learn just how horrible it is.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2