Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSS SQ question

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Fanatec CSS SQ question

I just received my Fanatec CSS SQ shifter yesterday and loving it. But I have a question regarding sequential mode. Seems that in seq mode I can only shift up to 2nd gear. I remember on patch 2.0 release notes it mentioned that sequential mode only will shift up to what gear you have the H pattern in. Being that the CSS has both modes built in, how do I get the sequential to go through all the gears? Also, is there a way to swap the direction of up/down shifting?
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,
    Obutto Ozone, Buttkicker Simulation Kit

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx View Post
    I just received my Fanatec CSS SQ shifter yesterday and loving it. But I have a question regarding sequential mode. Seems that in seq mode I can only shift up to 2nd gear. I remember on patch 2.0 release notes it mentioned that sequential mode only will shift up to what gear you have the H pattern in. Being that the CSS has both modes built in, how do I get the sequential to go through all the gears? Also, is there a way to swap the direction of up/down shifting?
    Sounds like it is still mapped that you are shifting into 2nd, and not mapped to Up Shift / Down Shift
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Do I map that in the same menu I map other buttons for?
    PS4 and Xbox One
    Fanatec CSW v2, BMW M3 GT2 wheel, Formula F1 wheel, CSL P1 wheel, CSP V2 Pedals, CSS SQ, Fanatec Handbrake, IgnitiON Button Box,

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Do I map that in the same menu I map other buttons for?
    Yes, in Options, Under Control, then Button Assignments.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    DoNoHarm.us

Platform
    PC
    I think you just have to map the two shift-up / shift-down actions and also make sure you have un-mapped the other single gears actions (but I suppose that using the same button for another action will automatically un-map it from its previous use).
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
    CPU: i7-9700K
    RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + 2x Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    So wait a minute, does that mean anytime I want to drive in H pattern I have to go back and remap it? Or will this take place of the paddles? But then again that means I have to go back and remap if I wanna use the paddles. Hmmm
    PS4 and Xbox One

Platform
    PC
    Yes, pretty much the same story with any game/sim and any shifter (unless you have 2)

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

Platform
    PC
    So wait a minute, does that mean anytime I want to drive in H pattern I have to go back and remap it? Or will this take place of the paddles? But then again that means I have to go back and remap if I wanna use the paddles. Hmmm

Yup.
    That's because in the SQ shifter there are 7 individual switches, or buttons, and the lever presses one of them at a time at each gear position.
    The point is that the buttons number 3 and 4 (or maybe 1 and 2, given you can't go higher than 2nd gear) are used during both H-pattern and sequential modes.
    So, when you operate the gear lever, the game always feels "button 2 is pressed" or "button 3 is pressed"... regardless of the mode you're using it at the moment.

IIRC, the G25 was able to discriminate between the modes, and in sequential mode the gear acted as the paddle shifter... or reported two different buttons that in H-pattern were not available... but I may be wrong.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
    CPU: i7-9700K
    RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + 2x Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It's a shame to have to go through this while you can go from H shifting to paddle shifters without making a single change and can do it mid race. Which can actually be a problem sometimes cuz on occasion I've accidentally caught the paddle with the tip of my finger while in a intense race. Caused me to up/down shift unexpectedly.
    PS4 and Xbox One

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    Yup.
    That's because in the SQ shifter there are 7 individual switches, or buttons, and the lever presses one of them at a time at each gear position.
    The point is that the buttons number 3 and 4 (or maybe 1 and 2, given you can't go higher than 2nd gear) are used during both H-pattern and sequential modes.
    So, when you operate the gear lever, the game always feels "button 2 is pressed" or "button 3 is pressed"... regardless of the mode you're using it at the moment.

IIRC, the G25 was able to discriminate between the modes, and in sequential mode the gear acted as the paddle shifter... or reported two different buttons that in H-pattern were not available... but I may be wrong.
    Yes, that is correct.
    the G25, and the TH8A, both use an X,Y analog Joy stick for the Movement of the Shift lever.
    Internal Firmware, then Knows where the Shift Lever is Positioned, and Outputs the Appropriate "Virtual Switches" press to the Game.

Using this approach, it was simple to switch between the two types.
    It was all done via the Firmware in the shifter, no re-mapping of real switches.

The G27, G29 uses the same X,Y analog shift lever, but eliminated the Sequential Mode.

Customization:
    With the TH8A, you could even put on a Custom Plate ( short throw plate )
    then using software on the PC. re-calibrate where the Shift HOT SPOTS are. This then updated the firmware.

While Other H pattern and Sequential Shifters rely on REAL switches.
    So the Same two Switches are part of both the H pattern or Sequential, and always have to be re-Mapped.
    DoNoHarm.us