Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally you lost me, congratulations (FFB & CSW V2)!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Finally you lost me, congratulations (FFB & CSW V2)!

I was a huge fan of project cars. Despite the efforts needed to get this FFB behaving in a way that there is an acceptable driving experience. Then came patch after patch and the whole tweaking started over and over again - Jack Spade Files, individual settings in the XML, in-wheel-settings... no matter what, it never felt really right. W.T.F. is wrong with the focus of the development in this game?? How hard can it be to get a +/- proper setup from the start with the most common wheels? That IS part of the development of such a game!!! The excuse "everyone has a different setting that feels right for him/her" is pretty lame! Others can do it almost perfectly - like Assetto Corsa -, why not SMS??
    I gave up now because I am too tired to spend 4 hours of tweaking/configuring for half an hour of playing.
    Now with Patch 3.0 and newest Firmware Version of CSW it feels like an oversensitive Arcade Racer (Resetting and recalibrating the whole thing did not help either).

----
    My gear: CSW V2, BMW GT2 Rim, CSR Elite Pedals, Shifter SQ 1.5
    The following 3 users likes this Post: aleph99, chase66down, jenzjenzen

Maybe all you have to do is set the FFB in the wheel options to "classic". That is all I have done on the ffb settings with my wheel since release and it is gooood.
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled ¬ GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled ¬ Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 ¬ G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V ¬ MSi H55M-ED55 ¬ Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ¬ Samsung SSD 830 ¬ Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 ¬ Roccat Kave ¬ Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    ¬ Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 ¬ Win7x64

[RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, Radical_53, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    Maybe all you have to do is set the FFB in the wheel options to "classic". That is all I have done on the ffb settings with my wheel since release and it is gooood.
    +1

Classic is my safety net when my own FFB experiments goes horribly wrong lol
    | Lian-Li PC-08WX | i5-7600k@4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 | 32GB g.Skill Trident Z RGB | Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7 | Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme | Samsung Pro 960 M.2 | Win10 | Accuforce Pro - custom Sparco Rim | Fanatec V3 Pedals w/Perf Mod | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter | Triple curved 27s | HTC Vive |

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mbr72 View Post
    I was a huge fan of project cars. Despite the efforts needed to get this FFB behaving in a way that there is an acceptable driving experience. Then came patch after patch and the whole tweaking started over and over again - Jack Spade Files, individual settings in the XML, in-wheel-settings... no matter what, it never felt really right. W.T.F. is wrong with the focus of the development in this game?? How hard can it be to get a +/- proper setup from the start with the most common wheels? That IS part of the development of such a game!!! The excuse "everyone has a different setting that feels right for him/her" is pretty lame! Others can do it almost perfectly - like Assetto Corsa -, why not SMS??
    I gave up now because I am too tired to spend 4 hours of tweaking/configuring for half an hour of playing.
    Now with Patch 3.0 and newest Firmware Version of CSW it feels like an oversensitive Arcade Racer (Resetting and recalibrating the whole thing did not help either).

----
    My gear: CSW V2, BMW GT2 Rim, CSR Elite Pedals, Shifter SQ 1.5
    Try adjusting Per Wheel movement to 0.02 and PW Squared to -0.01, the smoothing to 0.02. They tell to put it the way around in the official guide, but with this change, i think it's more inline with a real car where a really small movement in steering, gas or break doesn't make the vehicule instanly lose control.

Ymmv.

By classic do you mean default ? Because I only have option of default or custom, nothing called classic.
    i7 6700K@4.6Ghz | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | 16GB Corsair DDR4 3000 | GB 1080 G1 Gaming | Creative X-Fi | Win10 Pro | Samsung 960 EVO 250 SSD | GTUltimate2 Cockpit | AccuForce Pro + CSS SQ + CSP V3 | NL Motion V3 | Bkg2 + SimVibe | Philips BDM4065 40inch 4K Monitor | Sony 65inch ZD9 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Zalman Mid-Tower |SeaSonic 850w Silver80 | Turbo-Charged Beagle Foxy Mutt

Platform
    PC
    There is a classic, a default and a custom mode in FFB calibration. Use the arrows next to the mode to change between them. Classic means pre 1.4 patch and default means the FFB after that patch. So when you select classic and change a setting below, that set becomes the new custom mode.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (457.51) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen ASUS PG329Q | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1440 / 2560x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (120Hz) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP
    "Dunning–Kruger effect is strong in simracing."

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree completely. I'm fairly sure the default ffb settings have huge amounts of clipping.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm with the OP, this game has for me since the 2.5 patch been totally screwed up. My CSR hasn't worked right since, and no matter how much tinkering I do, I can't get it back to working as good as pre 2.5. It pisses me off to think I built my PC specifically for this game. I'd do anything to get a refund for this hot mess of game. Thank God for Assetto Corsa. It's not as flashy or feature packed, but at least it's playable.
    Intel i5 4690k OC'd@ 4.2GHz/ GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5/ Asus Strix GTX 970 SLI/ Corsair H100i/ G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB/ Crucial MX100 512GB SSD/ WD CB 1TB HD/ Toshiba 3TB HD/ EVGA SuperNOVA 750W PSU/ NZXT Switch 810/ Windows 10/ Fanatec FM CSR Wheel/ Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals/ Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter/ Obutto Ozone Cockpit

If you don't see the classic preset ( it is there though ) you can also put Gain from 3 to 1 ( same calibrate force feedback menue just further down ) and you get FFB like in the pre patch days.
    I also don't get why a setting with such huge clipping which is drowning out all the details and giving lots of oscillation with many cars is default.
    Maybe it's good for PS4/XBOX ? Who knows. But for PC with G25 it doesn't work at all imho.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers

Platform
    PC
    sad but true

same problem here... (T300RS)

after patch 3.0 the steering feels unnatural, ive tryed to reset the profile with recalibrating etc. with spade settings and without it.
    It feels over sensitive and more arcade like (steering wise) the cars are slippery without reason and they got a non comprehensible feeling when driving, the feeling of steering whas fine in v2.5 but now its like any other nfs titel (i cant feel it anymore physics wise)
    I hope they bring those Tire Physics or whatever it is back to the standart (like it whas before 3.0) its ruined the feeling of driving for me... sadly