Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [APPROVED BY MS] Companion App

Platform
    PC

[APPROVED BY MS] Companion App

I see in PS4 land that SMS have confirmed the ability to dump data from the PS4 to enable the possible use of external app

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1093877

I don't to start a long winded debate but if somebody from SMS could confirm if the same attention is being given to the xbox side to allow this to happen for us as well that would be appeciated

UPDATE 28th September - Timm from SMS has confirmed that MS has approved this

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mann View Post
    Okay, I made you wait long enough (I actually had to wait for one more piece of info about port numbers and display names, which I now have).

We've had to enter into some quite complex negotiation with 1st Party's to be able to do this (I'm not aware of any other application that has been allowed to do this), however everyone has been very accommodating. We've had to make a number of changes due to security concerns, but we now have the waivers in-place to enable the following:

1) There will be a GUI option that will enable UDP (It will probably just consist of off/0/1/2/3 etc. to allow for various different versions in future).
    2) A UDP port will be opened and packets sent to local broadcast address.
    3) Various packets will be sent, based on the existing 'shared memory' api.
    4) The actual contents of the packets, data layout etc. will be published.
    5) You are free to interpret the data in any way which you wish.
    6) This will be enabled on ALL platforms. (I'm including PC although this wasn't part of the original plan, as it would be a fairly trivial addition and would allow phone apps. etc. to work directly.)

Apart from the GUI bit, it will all be implemented by me as I don't want to impact anyone else's workload. As far as a time line goes I will try and implement it as soon as possible now we have the go ahead. I've had offers from a few app developers for various testing applications, I will call on you again shortly to help test the implementation.
    Last edited by inthebagbud; 30-09-2015 at 08:06. Reason: OP Updated with progress to date
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ashasha, MrLiister, the stig.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hopefully SMS can do some sort of second screen using the Xbox Smartglass app. I know this app can act as a second screen as Dead Rising 3 uses it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, Moon666

Platform
    XBOX1
    Let's get screen 1 working first please.
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    hahaha this one cracked me up...but smartglass integration would be sweet!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    Understood but we do not want to be left behind. PS4 guys have kept this on the agenda and seem to be getting somewhere. We need to do same and keep issues live on forum.

If they think Xboxers have gone silent they may not put as much effort in, there are loads of unanswered posts in our forums , which is not good as it looks like we are not being given same attention as other platforms
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, Im Sorry

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Understood but we do not want to be left behind. PS4 guys have kept this on the agenda and seem to be getting somewhere. We need to do same and keep issues live on forum.

If they think Xboxers have gone silent they may not put as much effort in, there are loads of unanswered posts in our forums , which is not good as it looks like we are not being given same attention as other platforms
    We arent. Haven't been from the beginning.

This was already brought up and I'm pretty sure we were told it's not possible.
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/
    The following user likes this Post: BMWE87

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven403 View Post
    This was already brought up and I'm pretty sure we were told it's not possible.
    That was the answer PS4 was given as well but it now appears that answers was wrong

Can the SMS lead developer for Xbox to revisit the issue

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    That was the answer PS4 was given as well but it now appears that answers was wrong

Can the SMS lead developer for Xbox to revisit the issue
    Is there one??

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Metal gear solid companion app for both ps4 and xbox one not only displays info from the game but you can interact with it. Unsure why the same approach can't be taken with pCars.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoym View Post
    Metal gear solid companion app for both ps4 and xbox one not only displays info from the game but you can interact with it. Unsure why the same approach can't be taken with pCars.
    Development time and budget constraints, among others. We've seen already how much work it's taken for them to get the game working properly on its own, let alone dedicated time and developers to working on a companion app or second screen program.
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website