Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defense help please

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Defense help please

So I was racing on monza last night and was in I guess kind of a dirty race constantly getting bumped from behind in turn 1 but my real issue was at the end of the race. Started in P8 out of 9 got all the way up to P4 battling for P3 at the end of the race. Final turn comes up I'm right on this McLarens tail we get around the last turn and I go to pass him on the inside when he decides to bump into me causing me to spin out sadly. I'm not going to say I would've got P3 but it would've been very close any advice on how to deal with this kinda stuff? I am aware there will be contact during a race but on a straight away like this I was a bit upset.

Platform
    PC
    Multiplayer or offline? If multiplayer, make a mental note of the guy's name and never race him again. There's nothing much you can do about people who can't play fair. If offline, make sure to keep enough distance to the other car.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: julesdennis

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Multiplayer I did i sent the person a message not a nasty one but let him know that was cheap I'd like to find some people to do clean races with i just don't know how flexible leagues are with time full time student and working plus a gf haha

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveOG1105 View Post
    So I was racing on monza last night and was in I guess kind of a dirty race constantly getting bumped from behind in turn 1 but my real issue was at the end of the race. Started in P8 out of 9 got all the way up to P4 battling for P3 at the end of the race. Final turn comes up I'm right on this McLarens tail we get around the last turn and I go to pass him on the inside when he decides to bump into me causing me to spin out sadly. I'm not going to say I would've got P3 but it would've been very close any advice on how to deal with this kinda stuff? I am aware there will be contact during a race but on a straight away like this I was a bit upset.
    Actually, I think it depends on how you approached. If you pressed for the inside line late, after he had already committed then it could have actually been your fault. If you're going to take the inside, cutting in tight from the normal line, then you need to be there as early as possible, so the other driver can see you and know your intent. Otherwise, he's setting up his turn, looking for his braking point and the apex. He slows, turns in, and then BAM, there you are. The bump may have just been him on turn in, and not intentional. If you were in his sights and had claimed the line, then you were right, etiquette wise, but the only thing you can do to combat that behavior is be ready for it.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Not much you can do, lots of sore losers online. I don't know how many times I've been fighting for the lead and get run off the track.

The best is when they wait for you on a straightaway (random guys just trying to wreck anybody) and as you get close, they think that you don't know what they are trying to do. I will slow down a bit, make them think I'm passing on inside or outside, and quickly switch to the opposite side and they will almost always put themselves in the wall. It's very satisfying to watch!!!
    PSN ID: Krazy_Kripples
    DS4
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It was towards the end of that long last turn he knew I was there we where almost at where you enter the pits and the racing line is on the outside at that point.there was no need for him to go inside anymore I wish I had footage to show.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hahaha I'll have to try this next time he most likely would've done that.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveOG1105 View Post
    It was towards the end of that long last turn he knew I was there we where almost at where you enter the pits and the racing line is on the outside at that point.there was no need for him to go inside anymore I wish I had footage to show.
    Oh, I believe you. I was really just asking if that were possible. Some people complain about things like that, but it's really their fault. Doesn't sound like that was the case here.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PS4
    hol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Not much you can do, lots of sore losers online. I don't know how many times I've been fighting for the lead and get run off the track.

The best is when they wait for you on a straightaway (random guys just trying to wreck anybody) and as you get close, they think that you don't know what they are trying to do. I will slow down a bit, make them think I'm passing on inside or outside, and quickly switch to the opposite side and they will almost always put themselves in the wall. It's very satisfying to watch!!!
    holy s*** I raced you a few times before. I think we also tangled up as well. need,ess to say I think I may have tried to wreck you a couple of times after a few rubs I thought where intentional. if so I apolaigze.
    Driver in AOR GT3 US/NA League
    PS4,39" Vizio LED TV,42" Vizio sound bar,Logitech G29

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Come and visit us at vrroom.org for clean racing