Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: T3PA Pro Spare Parts?

  1. #1
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,424
    Platform
    PC

    T3PA Pro Spare Parts?

    Does anyone know how to get spare parts for the Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedal set? I want a second bracket, like the one that comes with the set for installing the brake mod, so I can install a mod on the throttle. Do I need to contact TM for that? Has anyone every purchased spare parts from them?
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  2. #2
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    PC
    I know they have certain replacement parts that are available but not sure if they sale them without proving you have a issue. I would guess they do.

    this company will also be releasing spring upgrades in the future. http://www.gteye.com.au/

    some info here about buying it yourself http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17...ket-brake-mod/

    Also haiden, don't know if you put any time into considering this but it helped my times and brake repeatablity by leaps and bounds. http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_K.../rmt-lc500.htm

    Its a bit strange to get used to at first since the travel is so short but truly amazing once you figure it out. It has a high price point but I couldnt go back to the conical mod now.

    I too have been conisering what I could use to make the throttle a little more resistant but I haven't found anything yet. I actually saw that the old brake spring is stronger than the gas spring so I might try it out.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mr.Smoke, Schnizz58


  3. #3
    GT3 Pilot Schnizz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick
    Posts
    4,449
    Platform
    PC
    So that load cell mod works well? I just ordered a T3PA-Pro and now I'm thinking maybe I want to do that load cell mod before I start using it.

    As for the throttle, I have heard of people using the brake springs on the accelerator pedal.

    Edit: How do you perform the in-game calibration? Do you just push as hard as you can?
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 16-09-2015 at 18:58.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

  4. #4
    WMD Member Interchangeable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    167
    Platform
    PC
    Clutch has always been the biggest problem for me!
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

    Flickr

  5. #5
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    PC
    I love it but was weird at first. Also takes about a week for it get a little more play and settle in. You do have to push much harder to calibrate but its such a short travel it isnt too hard. The biggest plus to it is the fact that you can have exact repeat ability on the pedals. So I can use the same exact braking point for a corner every lap and hit it perfect every time. I would say it gives more consistency than speed but I did get faster almost immediately. Its very similar to what real race cars use. I watched a Daytona prototype driver talking about the feel of the brakes in the DP and sounded just like the load cell does. Very little travel, alot of tension and very precise.

    You can also buy the T3PA pros from Ricmotech with it already installed for a decent discount. Its not hard at all to do yourself though. The link above has some videos also that show more about it.

    I will put the brake spring in the gas pedal in the next few days and report on it
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58


  6. #6
    GT3 Pilot Schnizz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick
    Posts
    4,449
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    I love it but was weird at first. Also takes about a week for it get a little more play and settle in. You do have to push much harder to calibrate but its such a short travel it isnt too hard. The biggest plus to it is the fact that you can have exact repeat ability on the pedals. So I can use the same exact braking point for a corner every lap and hit it perfect every time. I would say it gives more consistency than speed but I did get faster almost immediately. Its very similar to what real race cars use. I watched a Daytona prototype driver talking about the feel of the brakes in the DP and sounded just like the load cell does. Very little travel, a lot of tension and very precise.
    Sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting about it or else I'd have never known.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    You can also buy the T3PA pros from Ricmotech with it already installed for a decent discount. Its not hard at all to do yourself though. The link above has some videos also that show more about it.
    I wish I had known that. I already ordered from Amazon and in fact it just arrived a little while ago. But that's OK I'm sure I can manage. I didn't spend 5 years getting a 4 year engineering degree for nothing. Yes, I did watch the vids and they were very helpful.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

  7. #7
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    PC
    haha, well if my dumb ass can do it you won't have any issues. The instructions are actually on the Ricmotech link I posted above and have pics. Really easy, just alot of little screws and follow the order of how to take them out and put back in or you will put a bind on the top plate and makes it hard to get the others in if you go out of order.

  8. #8
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,424
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    I know they have certain replacement parts that are available but not sure if they sale them without proving you have a issue. I would guess they do.

    this company will also be releasing spring upgrades in the future. http://www.gteye.com.au/

    some info here about buying it yourself http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17...ket-brake-mod/

    Also haiden, don't know if you put any time into considering this but it helped my times and brake repeatablity by leaps and bounds. http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_K.../rmt-lc500.htm

    Its a bit strange to get used to at first since the travel is so short but truly amazing once you figure it out. It has a high price point but I couldnt go back to the conical mod now.

    I too have been conisering what I could use to make the throttle a little more resistant but I haven't found anything yet. I actually saw that the old brake spring is stronger than the gas spring so I might try it out.
    Awesome! Thanks.

    Yeah... I saw the Ricmotech mod, and was considering it. I decided to give the conical a shot, and I really like it. It has a very natural feel to it. Eventually (a year or two), I'll probably upgrade to a Fanatec wheel and pedal set. I think the Clubsports come with a load cell option. For now, I'm happy with the T3PA Pro set, I'd just like to make the throttle a little stiffer.
    Last edited by Haiden; 16-09-2015 at 21:08.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  9. #9
    GT3 Pilot Schnizz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick
    Posts
    4,449
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    haha, well if my dumb ass can do it you won't have any issues. The instructions are actually on the Ricmotech link I posted above and have pics. Really easy, just alot of little screws and follow the order of how to take them out and put back in or you will put a bind on the top plate and makes it hard to get the others in if you go out of order.
    Just came in.

    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

  10. #10
    GT3 Pilot Schnizz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick
    Posts
    4,449
    Platform
    PC
    Updating this thread for anybody that might be scoring at home.

    tl;dr - This mod is amazing. Buy one. Now.

    So I got the mod installed the other night. The hardest part was getting the T3PA cover on and off. There are 18 little fine-pitched screws that hold the cover on (pretty sure there are only about 16 now) and also 4 2.5 mm hex head screws that hold the diamond plate on top of that. When I did the mod, I left out the spring so I had to open it back up again, doh. However it all was worth it. It worked perfectly right from jump and calibrated in the game. Then I ran some laps and wasn't sure about it right at first. It felt like I had to really stomp on it to get the car to stop. However I raised the brake pressure on the car I was driving (Formula C) and now it's perfect. I drove a career race at Brno in the F/C last night and I just felt so much more in control of the car during braking. It just feels so natural and it took almost no time to get used to. I don't have lap times to compare but I'm pretty positive that I'm faster with this mod. Even if I'm not, it's worth it for the more realistic feel.

    I used the softer of the two bushings. Hopefully that doesn't end up being too soft when it gets broken in. Also I wish I had just gone ahead and put the brake spring on the throttle pedal while I had it opened up because it's way too soft. I dread taking that cover off yet again. Anyway, thanks Fight-Test for the recommendation.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 14-10-2015 at 14:26.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test


Similar Threads

  1. T3PA/T3PA PRO Gas/Clutch mods?
    By VulcanVFX in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-03-2016, 14:27
  2. [ANSWERED] Better adjustment of parts
    By ProDoctoR1987 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 14:11
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 13:25
  4. [NOT THIS GAME] Tuning parts
    By bloodfx in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 18:24
  5. (SOLVED) T3PA or T3PA PRO owners please read
    By CPS-3 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-05-2015, 18:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •