Thread: Enhanced Brake Assistance system

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Enhanced Brake Assistance system

Can anyone explain what this is to me please

hate loobbys with no assists... horrible to drive with a pad!
    PC Rig - INTEL CORE i5 3570K (3.4GHZ) SKT 1155 | ASUS P8Z77-V | CORSAIR KIT 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ VENGEANCE (CL9) | AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series | Asus 21,5" | XFX PRO 750W CORE EDITION |

http://*******.com/hzal3t3
    The following user likes this Post: Bubbs

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I think it's something for Player that have a Disability and need Guidance for this Game...
    (Nelson Pacheco - What has your Answer to do with the Thread?)
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I find braking on this game tough. On some cars I have to use ABS. So any tips on playing/braking with a controller would be much appreciated

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanzaa View Post
    I find braking on this game tough. On some cars I have to use ABS. So any tips on playing/braking with a controller would be much appreciated
    Ye I find it hard because lock up isn't so obvious. Adjust brake pressure in car setup (I usually go down a few %), and bias. Most importantly, brake a touch earlier than you think you need to. It takes a fraction of a second for the front tires to unload from the braking force and turn in. If you brake super hard and late then try turn in, the tires will give up and slide.
    Give the rubber some TLC
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Pacheco View Post
    hate loobbys with no assists... horrible to drive with a pad!
    Only when people use the default controller settings, or use poor controller settings. properly adjusted controller settings (as well as raising the steering ratio) driving with a controller is quite enjoyable and quite easy.

Kart Driver
    Stuck in a gravel trap, and/or upside down behind a wall.
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    To answer the original Q, it's a bit like auto-braking. So in theory it will allow you to play the game if for some reason you're unable to reach/press/control brake and throttle at the same time (imagine holding a ds4 pad with your right hand and trying to press L2 whilst also being able to hit R2).

Microprose's Crammond F1GP game waaaaayyyy back in the early 1990s had something similar - you could effectively race without worrying about needing to brake for each corner.

I think you still need to know when to let off the throttle though, so it's not by any means a device to make braking a thing of the past.
    PSN: Bubbs_28
    PS4 Pro / 55" LG OLED C7V / One of those SONUS Playbase thingies
    My Real Car: 2017 1.4TSi SEAT Leon FR DSG in Mystery Blue