Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VDash (A307 S101) (Android second-screen app)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

VDash (A307 S101) (Android second-screen app)

Finally an api section!

I am the author of VDash, a virtual dashboard app for Android.

Its practically infinitely customisable, and you can easily export anything you make an import creations made by others.

Dashes can be downloaded from the website, as well as it containing various guides about how to use the app. You can upload your own Dashes to share if you are proud of them

No idea why VDash isn't included in the Community Apps web page (since it was one of the first available, and I have asked multiple times with no response), but feel free to use this thread to ask for help or feature requests.

For regular updates check out the updates page. You can also join the VDash Google+ Community

STANDOUT FEATURES
    • Includes pre-made dashes if you just want to connect and go
    • Connect over WiFi (with ZeroConf technology) or USB (without changing any internet settings)
    • Automatic reconnect for both WiFi and USB if the app disconnects from the server
    • Practically infinitely customisable - import your own images and fonts - make it your own
    • Create authentic Dashes like in real cars, or your own more abstract designs
    • Live-edit Views and Dashes - see how they respond to live game data
    • Easy to use controls to reposition Views, change the Z-Order, and resize (anchor-drag or multi-touch)
    • Create 'Paged' Dashes, Dashes that have some static content, and some dynamic content (Like Motec or MXL displays)
    • Export your creations to the VDash website, and download new Dashes made by other users
    • Upload Dash updates straight to the VDash website and check for Dash updates without leaving the app
    • Load a practically infinite number of Dashes in the Workspace, and swipe or tap to change the current Dash
    • Map buttons on your wheel or almost any input device to change the current Dash in the Workspace, or or change the current Dash Page
    • Assign a Workspace set to a vehicle, then have that set load whenever you hit the track with that vehicle
    • Trial, Press, or Pro versions available
    • Many many types of different displays:
      • Single / Multi needle gauges
      • Bulb bars
      • Indicator lights
      • Timing information (current/best/session/time to ahead and behind participants)
      • Self-creating map (VDash produced the maps used by Race Monitor)
      • Radar
      • All very customisable
    • One server, one app, one purchase, supports multiple games with more to be supported soon
    • Already tested to be working with Google Chrome's ARC extension - Just waiting on Google to flick the switch then you can run VDash in your web browser at 100% functionality
    • Java server is easily ran on other operating systems. When ProjectCARS for SteamOS arrives, VDash will be ready not long after.
    Last edited by flynny75; 21-07-2015 at 19:34.
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Looks good. May pick this up later.
    Intel i7 7700k - 16gb Trident Z - Asus strix 1080Ti-M.2 + ssd+hdd.
    Assetto Corsa rSeat RS1 - Fanatec CSW V2- / Heusinveld Pro Pedals / Rift CV1.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Just to let people on here know, I'm maintaining a 'Live Updates' stream on the VDash Google+ community. This forum is more for feature requests / user help, and not so much for regular updates. You can either join the VDash Community, or if you dont use Google+, the same information is shown in the new updates page on the VDash website.
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide

Platform
    PC
    If you plan on keeping us up to date on here I'll happily try. If i need to join another channel or site or forum or whatever good luck.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    If you plan on keeping us up to date on here I'll happily try. If i need to join another channel or site or forum or whatever good luck.
    Its not so much that you need to make an account on the website, but its a common place where Dashes can be downloaded from (and uploaded to if you make an account).

I am posting in the Live Update stream regularly and I dont want to fill this thread with developer spam. I'll post here about releases though (and detailed changes)
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Seeing as the WMD forums for PCars 1 are being shutdown, I'll move all discussion and help to this thread (its a lot cleaner at least)

So, announcement today:
    Update time!
    Server 100 and app 305. UPDATE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.
    Big changes in this one:
    • New press flavour! If you want to review or something, contact me
    • Renamed 'draw groups' to 'pages'
    • fixed some incorrect menu appearances
    • Fixed track name parsing
    • Fixed fuel recording
    • Wifi and USB auto reconnect!
    • new connecting animation
    • plugged some memory leaks
    • improvements to multi-threading

Both will be available within hours of this posting.

I'm travelling to London for a few days looking for a flat, then will only have a laptop. This may be the last release for a few weeks unless something major is broken.

again. UPDATE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.
    The following user likes this Post: ZiggyUK

Platform
    PC
    I must remember to badger Keithb23 for an up-to-date FRookie Dash again
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues
    The following user likes this Post: Keithb23

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I still have a zip of it made july 2014... will be interesting to see if it still works...

EDIT: Naahh it was before the Text / Bar View, so uses dedicated OilTempView and OilPressureView etc etc which have now been removed. The background images are all intact though, it is a good base to go from. I'm sure he's cooking something up
    Last edited by flynny75; 26-06-2015 at 22:55.
    The following user likes this Post: ZiggyUK

WMD Member
    Long shot here, any chance or porting your app to other platforms like iOS or WP?
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MortICi View Post
    Long shot here, any chance or porting your app to other platforms like iOS or WP?
    Probably not going to happen.. WP might, as I heard they were working on implementing their own runtime, similar to how BlackBerry did it. It wasn't very good though... iOS is never going to happen. I don't agree with Apple as a company.

However, if you had a macbook or something lying around that ran Chrome, then you could run it on that as there is an extension for Chrome that allows you to run Android applications.
    The following user likes this Post: xxTheGoDxx