Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help to buy new wheel

Platform
    PS4

Help to buy new wheel

Hi guys

I'm new here and it's my first post, my english is really bad so go easy on me

I have been looking for a wheel for some time now,and it will be my first wheel. I thougt that i made my mind on the T 300 until i Saw people in here having problems with them.

My plan was T 300 with PDA pedals, and the Thrustmaster shifter. I like it because i Saw some where, that it also can funktion as a e-brake, is that true?

If i decide to buy the logitech g29, is there any chance to get a e-brake to work with that?

After reading about all the T 300 problems, i must admit that i'm leaning towards the g29

Any tips or ideas, would be really help full

Platform
    PC
    To my knowledge the TH8A shifter cannot function as an e-brake. It can do H pattern or sequential shifting modes.

The Fanatec wheel has an add-on e-brake i believe.

I was in the same situation as you, trying to decide between the T300 or the G29. I opted for the G29 for a number of reasons...
    1) had issues with my T100 & was disappointed by build quality of TM products as well as their customer service
    2) the T300 comes with identical pedals to the T100 which are very cheaply made which meant added cost to upgrade pedals
    3) i did not like the wheel rim included with the T300 so thats more added cost to buy the leather wrappedadd-on rim for the T300
    4) all the reported failures & problems with T300's backed up my feelings of poor quality of Thrustmaster products
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cmch15, Octane100, Synner40

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor 660 View Post
    Hi guys

I'm new here and it's my first post, my english is really bad so go easy on me

I have been looking for a wheel for some time now,and it will be my first wheel. I thougt that i made my mind on the T 300 until i Saw people in here having problems with them.

My plan was T 300 with PDA pedals, and the Thrustmaster shifter. I like it because i Saw some where, that it also can funktion as a e-brake, is that true?

If i decide to buy the logitech g29, is there any chance to get a e-brake to work with that?

After reading about all the T 300 problems, i must admit that i'm leaning towards the g29

Any tips or ideas, would be really help full
    I've bought a TX and a T300. Like you, I was worried, but I've had the TX for over a year and the T300 for about 2 months now. I've heard good things about the G29. The only cons being the FFB isn't as strong as the T300 and it makes a knocking sound when riding curbs and bumps that's apparently a result of the helical gearing it uses, instead of a belt-driven system.

Also, Thrustmaster is releasing a TX bundle that comes with the base, leather GT rim, and T3PA pedals. Chances are, they will release a similar bundle for the T300 soon, as well. Unfortunately, there's no time frame available, and it sucks waiting.

I was totally into the G29 and almost bought it for my PS4, because I was worried about the T300 reviews I'd read. But then I saw a video of the G29 in action, and heard that awful knocking sound. I didn't think I'd ever get used to that, especially after playing on a TX for so long. IMO, belt-driven is the next best thing to direct drive.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PS4
    If you want to save some money, next month the Thrustmaster T150 will be released. It's a good enough Wheel for a good $200 price, and you can Upgrade Pedals and add a Shifter too

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    I've bought a TX and a T300. Like you, I was worried, but I've had the TX for over a year and the T300 for about 2 months now. I've heard good things about the G29. The only cons being the FFB isn't as strong as the T300 and it makes a knocking sound when riding curbs and bumps that's apparently a result of the helical gearing it uses, instead of a belt-driven system.

Also, Thrustmaster is releasing a TX bundle that comes with the base, leather GT rim, and T3PA pedals. Chances are, they will release a similar bundle for the T300 soon, as well. Unfortunately, there's no time frame available, and it sucks waiting.

I was totally into the G29 and almost bought it for my PS4, because I was worried about the T300 reviews I'd read. But then I saw a video of the G29 in action, and heard that awful knocking sound. I didn't think I'd ever get used to that, especially after playing on a TX for so long. IMO, belt-driven is the next best thing to direct drive.
    Stong FFB isnt necessarily good FFB. The G29 is plenty strong though. As for the knocking sound, its really not as bad as one would think based on video clips. A lot of it was eliminated when i put in rocafellas G29 FFB settings.

That T300 package that is coming gives you basically the same as the G29 with a leather rim & good pedals, but at a significantly higher price. If i was personally looking to spend that much, i would likely get a Fanatec over the T300 package.

Any wheel will provide lots of enjoyment & it all comes down to personal choice & affordability really.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -

G29

Platform
    PS4
    Hi guys, and thanks for taking the time to answer and helping me.

Both wheels and rigs, are very expencive where i live. The T 150 cost about 250 dollars here, so the T 300 and the g29 is really expencive. As i see it the g29 comes with good pedals, but the T 300 only comes with the cheap speed and brake pedals and i'll have to upgrade them = more money

I'm still not sure what wheel to get, i think both wheels has pros and cons. Is possible to use a aftermarket e-brake with both g29 and T 300 on ps4?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
    Stong FFB isnt necessarily good FFB. The G29 is plenty strong though. As for the knocking sound, its really not as bad as one would think based on video clips. A lot of it was eliminated when i put in rocafellas G29 FFB settings.

That T300 package that is coming gives you basically the same as the G29 with a leather rim & good pedals, but at a significantly higher price. If i was personally looking to spend that much, i would likely get a Fanatec over the T300 package.

Any wheel will provide lots of enjoyment & it all comes down to personal choice & affordability really.
    FFB strength depends on your preference. But to clarify, strong FFB isn't bad. Oversaturated/overpowering FFB is. If you like a heavier wheel, then the G29 may not be the wheel to choose. If you like the smoother feel of belt-driven FFB, the G29 might not be for you. The knocking sound obviously doesn't bother some people, but the sound I heard would definitely bother me. And I know it's been an issue for some people that bought a G29 to replace their older belt-driven wheels. If you're considering the two options, it's something to note beforehand that's all. Also, the G29 doesn't have changeable rims. It does, however, come with a better pedal set.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post

yup this is true. I even resorted to using default FFB instead of jack spades and the wheel feels a,axing.
    Driver in AOR GT3 US/NA League
    PS4,39" Vizio LED TV,42" Vizio sound bar,Logitech G29
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    FFB strength depends on your preference. But to clarify, strong FFB isn't bad. Oversaturated/overpowering FFB is. If you like a heavier wheel, then the G29 may not be the wheel to choose. If you like the smoother feel of belt-driven FFB, the G29 might not be for you. The knocking sound obviously doesn't bother some people, but the sound I heard would definitely bother me. And I know it's been an issue for some people that bought a G29 to replace their older belt-driven wheels. If you're considering the two options, it's something to note beforehand that's all. Also, the G29 doesn't have changeable rims. It does, however, come with a better pedal set.
    FFB feel is completely dependant on user preference for sure. Without a doubt, the belt driven systems will probably be smoother & more precise feeling. The G29 is plenty strong enough to give you a heavy feeling, but the T300/500 wheels can likely go heavier. I like more of a mild FFB feel. Enough to know whats happening to the car but not so much my arms get sore after an hour or so of racing.

G29
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Synner40 View Post
    yup this is true. I even resorted to using default FFB instead of jack spades and the wheel feels a,axing.
    Have you input rocafellas global FFB settings from the G29 thread? They truly make a huge difference!

G29