Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public lobbies = destruction derby

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Public lobbies = destruction derby

Been playing the game since release and dispite all the bugs it has been the best racing game ever on consoles (PS4)!
    Just bought a t300 a couple weeks ago and I'm enjoying it even more now.
    As the time's gone by, more and more rammers and other incapable drivers have found their way into the public lobbies. It now is in an unplayable state! Just tried to have a one decent race spending three hours trying to have some fun. All I can say, It has become a pure destruction derby! No matter if the damage is on or driving aids are off, these rammers ruin every race.
    The online reputation was designed to make sure that the rammers could have a party of their own bit it was never introduced and probably never will. I race in a league at evenings if I have time, but usually I try to have a couple of races in a day in the public lobbies. Looks like there is little point trying to do that anymore...
    What a shame. This could have been so much fun. But it's stopped being that. Again, the online reputation would be the only way to resolve this but my guess is that there's not enough players left to devide them based on the reputation.
    What a shame... Sigh.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe its because we are on the same platform(ps4) I couldent agree more there is too many rammers. Its a shame because its a great racinggame with a lot to offer if ppl whould only apriciate it for the racing, and not care so much about winning. But in my experience Theres no winning in online public matches. Sure you can get Lucky to win a race, but the better you are the more ppl hate you, and are going for you. I really wish SMS whould update the game with some collision-off options for online matches. Its not everyones cup of tea, but it just takes away all the aggrevation/frustration, and makes online bareble

Platform
    PC
    You are both on PS4 ?
    Both platforms show PC, just saying...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash
    The following 3 users likes this Post: IJOJOI, McSoulSuckerrr, SUBGTRACER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Changed ��

Platform
    PS4

Midnight is the best time (cet) ... Playlist below to back me up

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...m-_UNhfbna2yDp
    Last edited by M-Bimmer; 26-10-2015 at 16:18.
    My YouTube Channel, Click to subscribe now
    https://youtube.com/c/mbimmer

PC Rig:MSI Nightblade X2 i7 6700k, GTX 980 TI 500W 6GB DDR5, m.2 PCIe SSD 256GBx2 + 2TB, 16 GB Ram /Thrustmaster T300 RS/Dell 2715H/Harman Kardon Soundsticks ii

WMD Member
    I play on PC, I just race. Even if I get rammed or whatever, I just keep pushing forward. I have been wrecked twice to last place, and simply finishing the race resulted in a top 5 finish. Have the people quit because they can't be P1. I aggravates me even more when the top 3 players just drop after a spin or run wide. Dude just finish the race, I can mess up as well (and have!).

I think the main problem is the age group and interest level you might be playing with. There is a much wider and accessible audience, doesn't mean they have to play by the rules or have proper race craft, it is a game afterall.

I do agree that some sort of driver rating system at the end of race (even those that drop from the race) and matchmaking based on this would be better than just requiring league play.

For the most part all pub races I have had I enjoyed regardless of rammers, I do not acknowledge them. I do not yell or cuss, just keep racing pretending they didn't cause the issue, that it was my mistake. Yelling, cussing, acknowledging them in general makes them do it more because they are getting a response for their actions. The worst thing you can do to them is pertend like they aren't even there.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....
    The following user likes this Post: IJOJOI

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am a recent convert to racing sims, and after a bit of "career" mode in SP , I thought it would be time for a bit of online time.
    Now in no way do I think I have "mastered" this driving malarkey. But thought it would help me get better and gain some knowledge from the people who have been doing this for some while. So joined online games.
    As stated in many posts. What a disappointment.
    If you try to keep a good "safe" line you get rammed. It,s like fairground sim not racing.
    I understand what MortICI is saying, but the reason I go online is to interact with real people. If I want to just ignore the others, then I may as well do free practice or single race.
    I don't expect people to be perfect. I can understand getting it wrong into a corner or braking too late. I will do it often as a newbie. But you cant fit 5 cars in a 2 car space, so someone has to hold back at some point.
    Without the ability to boot /ban players then you can not even try to setup a game for like minded racers. It will still attract the fair ground drivers.
    Sorry if this just sounds like a rant, but as a 55 yr old bloke who has watched all the online games I ever liked go to pot cos of numpties. I hoped I had found something that could be both enjoyable to play and learn. But it seems like I may have been mistaken.
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You guys are not wrong - and the game design could definitely improve to make things easier for those looking for fair clean racing.

However there are like minded individuals out there who organise themselves to get the racing you are after.

Yes it means its not pick up and play when you fancy but I found it well worth the effort in reaching out to like minded organised people.... I was worried because Im frankly pretty slow I would not be wanted but Im having a blast when I can keep the car on the track and have some close racing.

Have a look here and see where you may fit in pending platform / preferences ?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...Event-Planning
    5900X / 2080TI / 32GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 2 / Dell U3415W / Simlab GT1 Evo / Oculus Rift S / Valve Index / Fanatec DD1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / SQ v1.5 Shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The main problem I have with leagues etc, is availability.
    I work shifts , so am not always able to commit to specific times.
    What is needed is a server you know and trust that has rules that people follow. But without the ability to enforce rules its a no go.
    I will carry on and hope that with the changes being talked about, the ban/kick option arrives soon.
    I have an opinion on everything. You might not like em, but that's Democracy for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just another addition to this discussion though.
    I need to point out that it looks to me that some of the "Ramming" is in effect innocent in nature.
    Having seen it from both sides, I have been rammed and have had several situations where the car in front has slammed all on, and it was impossible to stop. So this results in me ramming him.
    Now I don't know if this braking situation is just down to lag or if the driver in front is a " where theres blame theres a claim" Brigade and uses it as a tactic. I don't know.
    But I hate the fact that I hit someone. But if you feel like you need to keep back at corners because of this, then how the hell am I gonna get past.
    So don't be too hasty in condemning someone as a "rammer" when the kick/ban option comes in. Hopefully
    I have an opinion on everything. You might not like em, but that's Democracy for you