Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game freezing, and crashing when trying to select track in Free Practice

Platform
    PC

Question Game freezing, and crashing when trying to select track in Free Practice

As the title says, and I did this 5 times in a row.

I go to Free Practice, then try to select the track, and the game freezes.

I can select a track in Quick Race Weekend, Time Trial, and other modes without a problem.
    Yet, it freezes, and crashes every time in Free Practice.

I tried to record it, but fraps stops when the game crashes.
    Yet, I also noticed, that the track list is empty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Képkivágás.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	220979
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass

Platform
    PC
    Have you tried the usual, re-verifying your Steam game cache?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    That's a very strange problem and certainly not one I've ever encountered or even heard of before. Do you get a pCARS error or do you just close the game via Ctrl+Alt+Del? If you are getting an error then it might be worth zipping up the dbgsession folder (under My Documents\Project CARS\dbgsession) for that session (check the time stamps) and posting it so that the devs can investigate .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    That's a very strange problem and certainly not one I've ever encountered or even heard of before. Do you get a pCARS error or do you just close the game via Ctrl+Alt+Del? If you are getting an error then it might be worth zipping up the dbgsession folder (under My Documents\Project CARS\dbgsession) for that session (check the time stamps) and posting it so that the devs can investigate .
    Will do that once I get home.
    Roland | Németh

Platform
    PC
    I-re verifyied the game files, and it completed successfully.
    Roland | Németh

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I think these are the files:

dbgSession.zip
    Roland | Németh

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but verify cache isn't working 100%. I sometimes have to delete the actual track file and then run verify to reinstall it.
    Tracks usually work after that, I'm not sure about this error though as when mine fail they fail in every mode.
    Sometimes there is another error window that pops up behind the steam window if it's open with some extra info about the crash.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NemethR View Post
    I-re verifyied the game files, and it completed successfully.
    And you still had the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by F2kSel View Post
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record but verify cache isn't working 100%. I sometimes have to delete the actual track file and then run verify to reinstall it.
    Tracks usually work after that, I'm not sure about this error though as when mine fail they fail in every mode.
    Sometimes there is another error window that pops up behind the steam window if it's open with some extra info about the crash.
    Is this with or without an exclusion in your virus software?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Is this with or without an exclusion in your virus software?
    A little early to say, due to the two server issue last week I haven't run more than half a dozen races but I haven't had to delete any tracks.
    Object destroyed while in use error did occur though.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NemethR View Post
    I think these are the files:

dbgSession.zip
    Yep, there are dump files in there, so hopefully somebody in team blue will be able to decipher them at some point
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //