Thread: T150 on PS4; cannot connect to Project CARS

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

T150 on PS4; cannot connect to Project CARS

I searched the forum for an answer, but I cannot find it.

I bought Project CARS for PS4 along with a Trustmaster T150. For some reason, the wheel is not recognized by the game. I follow the correct procedure (connect wheel at start of PS4, launch Project CARS v6 with DualShock, press X on wheel when Project CARS says START). In the game, I just see the DualShock and that's it.

Trustmaster says I need to update drivers and firmware on the wheel via a PC. I want to believe them, but I've owned a Logitech DFGT on PS3 for many years and this wheel didn't need any drivers or updates? I mean: it says Plug & Play on the box??

Can someone here confirm that the T150 needs to connect to a PC first before being able to play Project CARS on a PS4? Tx!

Platform
    PS4
    Just a guess but if Thrustmaster say it needs an update to drivers and firmware its more than likely true. My Fanatec wheel did and was very easy to do.

Platform
    PS4
    I own a t300, and also had to be updated before use. youre right the dfgt didnt need any update. i think this is just more hardware/software internally that has to be up to date. T300 needs to be activated in home screen by pressing PS button on it..though.. not in game. dunno if its different with t150.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    You need to turn the controller off for the game to recognise the wheel - easiest solution is not to use the controller to start the system in the first place (means using the physical button on the machine (which is so last gen) as the PS button on the wheel won't start the system up).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    As timo says. I have a 150 too, and pushing the on button on the ps4 works.

Initially, it recognised the wheel as a thrustmaster product, but not a 150.

I think post a recent patch, it correctly identified it as a T 150. Make sure you're up to date with your version of Pcars, start ps4 manually, and it should work. Let us know how it goes.
    chotu495 on ps4 - fair racing

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper1601 View Post
    I searched the forum for an answer, but I cannot find it.

I bought Project CARS for PS4 along with a Trustmaster T150. For some reason, the wheel is not recognized by the game. I follow the correct procedure (connect wheel at start of PS4, launch Project CARS v6 with DualShock, press X on wheel when Project CARS says START). In the game, I just see the DualShock and that's it.

Trustmaster says I need to update drivers and firmware on the wheel via a PC. I want to believe them, but I've owned a Logitech DFGT on PS3 for many years and this wheel didn't need any drivers or updates? I mean: it says Plug & Play on the box??

Can someone here confirm that the T150 needs to connect to a PC first before being able to play Project CARS on a PS4? Tx!
    Hey! I thought the same. But I did this: Start Pcars, when you need to press X plug the t150 in. And then just press X for like 5 times very fast in a row ^^ I know it sounds stupid but it helps

Best,
    Dennis

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I also own a T150.
    I power up my PS4, then I connect my T150 to the usb port and the power socket.
    Now the wheel starts a calibration, full rotation to left and right, than back to neutral position.
    As next step I press the PS Button and then X. Then I start PCars with the T150.

No Firmware update made, it works right out of the box.