Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If its good enough for Yorkie, it's good enough for me #rant

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

If its good enough for Yorkie, it's good enough for me #rant

Just a random thought, feels like people are hating on pCARS only 'cuz it's the cool thing to do.

EmptyBox, for instance. I love EmptyBox, he's funny, he's smart, he's fast. But but he dismisses the game for mostly having poor AI (at the time - much improved now) but he hasn't touched the game since. He prefers to play Assetto Corsa and iRacing - when AC's AI is awful, way way way worse than pCARS, and iRacing has no AI to speak of.

So what exactly does pCARS do worse than the other games? We all know pCARS ain't perfect, but god damn what game is?

Then there's Yorkie, a hardcore racer who's way more educated on the subject than me. So you know what? If it's good enough for Yorkie it's good enough for me.

I'm loving this game (even if the open wheel AI is... at times unplayable) - It's all about league play.

Thank you SMS!

/rant over
    The following user likes this Post: Swinnyjr

Platform
    PC
    Yes the game is great, and yes they all have their issues.

But League Play in pCars is screwed right now (league play was 'what its all about' though I agree). Kick bug, disconnect issues, sync issues and the bunny hop / start in pit lan bug at tracks like Oulton are having an impact. At least in our Clio league.

Hope things get better.
    Core i7 2600K @4.6Ghz, MSI Twin Frozr GTX670, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 , Asus P8Z 68-vpro gen3, 2x 2TB WD 'Black' Sata2 HDD, 250GB WD Sata2 , Philips 37" 1080p, Logitech Driving Force GT, Win 7 x64
    The following 2 users likes this Post: julesdennis, rauf0

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Yes the game is great, and yes they all have their issues.

But League Play in pCars is screwed right now (league play was 'what its all about' though I agree). Kick bug, disconnect issues, sync issues and the bunny hop / start in pit lan bug at tracks like Oulton are having an impact. At least in our Clio league.
    Well, compared to wrecks like F1 2015, or even the good one (F1 2013) the online play in pCARS is smooth as silk. Hardly ever do I see lag.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Hardly ever do I see lag.
    On the occasions I venture online (most of my time is spent in career), I rarely see any lag either. I can only compare my experience with GT6 which is terrible for lag.
    I've never had an issue with disconnects or laggy players in pCARS, whereas GT6 was beset with problems from the first day I got it, until I laid it to rest when I got pCARS.

Platform
    PC
    EmptyBox has no real life practical racing experience. With that, the things that make pCARS accel (specifically with the tire model), he'll never understand.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Jan Studenski

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    EmptyBox has no real life practical racing experience. With that, the things that make pCARS accel (specifically with the tire model), he'll never understand.
    That's a little harsh, that means that over 90% of your customer base has no clue or opinion. At the very least you could have said "INMO" with
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN
    The following 4 users likes this Post: andycass, Beatminister, julesdennis, svenvangent

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
    That's a little harsh, that means that over 90% of your customer base has no clue or opinion. At the very least you could have said "INMO" with
    EmptyBox is overly critical about aspects that mean nothing in sim racing. He doesn't have the knowledge to praise what he doesn't understand.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300, Jan Studenski, Vit7

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Just a random thought, feels like people are hating on pCARS only 'cuz it's the cool thing to do.

EmptyBox, for instance. I love EmptyBox, he's funny, he's smart, he's fast. But but he dismisses the game for mostly having poor AI (at the time - much improved now) but he hasn't touched the game since. He prefers to play Assetto Corsa and iRacing - when AC's AI is awful, way way way worse than pCARS, and iRacing has no AI to speak of.

So what exactly does pCARS do worse than the other games? We all know pCARS ain't perfect, but god damn what game is?

Then there's Yorkie, a hardcore racer who's way more educated on the subject than me. So you know what? If it's good enough for Yorkie it's good enough for me.

I'm loving this game (even if the open wheel AI is... at times unplayable) - It's all about league play.

Thank you SMS!

/rant over
    He's got a point about AI to be honest its not that much improved from release IMO. You do realise that not everybody as to like the game and pander to SMS Its not like the games not still got plenty of bugs (console) 8 months on.

Nothing that you should upset yourself about really.

He' spot on about how SMS staff investors and Mods just can't take any criticism and the way they handle criticism is appalling.
    Last edited by andycass; 24-12-2015 at 03:14.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: AndrexUK, ceoCorona, dodge33cymru, Liquid7394, pa_pinkelman, svenvangent

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    EmptyBox is overly critical about aspects that mean nothing in sim racing. He doesn't have the knowledge to praise what he doesn't understand.
    I,m not sure what you mean by this ^^^^if he talking about a aspect of game then it has meaning

Empty Box must have giving Pcars a real bad review, something very personal going here
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN

Platform
    PC
    Our mods are unpaid and free to give their own opinion guys.

I thought Empty Box's review of us was fine BTW, very positive for the most part. And I'm not kissing A@£$ to get a good review on pCARS2
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, Jan Studenski, Konan, Mahjik, Namron, Robhd, roddypoddy, zeva