Thread: "HowTo" - Playseat Challenge Setup with Buttonbox and additional Screens

Platform
    PS4

"HowTo" - Playseat Challenge Setup with Buttonbox and additional Screens

As I have received some PMs with questions about my Playset Challenge setup, I will post a short "howto" on how I have installed the ButtonBox and the additional Displays.
    Maybe helpful to others, any feedback is welcome!

First of all, a picture of my latest setup, containing a Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 with G27 Shifter, custom selfmade Bluetooth ButtonBox, 3 Displays for telemetry etc. - a Samsung Tab 7, a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an Iphone 4.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150815_123602098_iOS.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	224657

Name:	20151219_200501205_iOS.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	224658

How has all this been mounted:
    - I have mounted the Wheel on the Wheel-Mounting-Plate of the Seat with screws.
    - The Clamps, normally used to fix the Wheel on a table etc, are holding a piece of wood.
    - This piece of wood is around 20cm wider that the seat. at the right hand side (left hand side on the following picture), the G27 Shifter is mounted there with it's standard clamps at this overlap.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	224659

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	224660

- At the left side, I used a metal fitting (hopefully correct english word for that!?) that I have bend to ~90 degree. The fitting has been mounted with screws to the wood, the ButtonBox is mounted on the other side.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	224661

- At the top of the Button Box I have used some clamps that have been covered with some carboon look foil to hold the Tablet

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	224662

For the 2 phones, I have build a "Dual Screen" mount from an old car mount for phones.
    This holder has been fixed to Base of the G29 with some Velcro Tape.

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	224663

Some more pictures About the "Dual Screen" mount can be found here:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1196116

All the material for this mounting stuff has cost less than 20 Euro.

Hope this is helpful to some other here.
    Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Great job and thanks for posting the pictures. It will help me to setup my own screens.
    Now your getting me curious about the Bluetooth ButtonBox

Ah found it http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...t-Project-quot
    Last edited by Michel--NL; 30-12-2015 at 09:43.
    PSN Michel--NL | CSL Elite Racing Wheel + CSL Elite Pedals LC + CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 | Rseat S1 | Project CARS 2 | Youtube Channel | Moderator on Apex Online Racing

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel--NL View Post
    Great job and thanks for posting the pictures. It will help me to setup my own screens.
    Now your getting me curious about the Bluetooth ButtonBox

Ah found it http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...t-Project-quot
    Thanks for the feedback!

Well, the link you posted is about a project I've started some time ago and it's about a second version of my ButtonBox.
    But this one will be a cabled version with the Arduino Board.

It has some delay as I had some problem with parts from China, not arriving att all. I'm still waiting for some cables to come.

Have a look here, here you can find a lot of useful information on how to build your own box.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...n-4-button-box

Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Having got a G29 and shifter for Xmas, I was glad to see this thread. Being somewhat limited on space, and unable to commit to a permanent set up in the living room (two small kids!), I was veering towards either the Playseat Challenge or a WheelStand Pro - mainly because both can be folded and stored away.

• Are you able to post some pics of the G29 attached to the folded seat?
    • If you were to cable tie the leads to the frame of the seat, would it affect the ability to fold up when not in use?
    • Finally, is there any way to mount the shifter lower down, as per the position in a normal road car? I find having it alongside the wheel a bit alien. If there's no option, would it be achievable with some light modding / fabricating?

Many thanks!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronz View Post
    Having got a G29 and shifter for Xmas, I was glad to see this thread. Being somewhat limited on space, and unable to commit to a permanent set up in the living room (two small kids!), I was veering towards either the Playseat Challenge or a WheelStand Pro - mainly because both can be folded and stored away.

• Are you able to post some pics of the G29 attached to the folded seat?
    • If you were to cable tie the leads to the frame of the seat, would it affect the ability to fold up when not in use?
    • Finally, is there any way to mount the shifter lower down, as per the position in a normal road car? I find having it alongside the wheel a bit alien. If there's no option, would it be achievable with some light modding / fabricating?

Many thanks!
    Hello Stronz
    Was the same to me, 2 Kids and don't want to have a permanent setup on the living room.
    I decided to buy the Seat because for the Wheelstand, you need something to sit on. A chair or the couch does very often not work really good.
    And the chair, as long as you are not taller than 180 cm and heavier than 90 KG is very comfortable!
    Also long race session 3h+ are not a problem.

As you probably can see from the pictures, I did some "cablemanagement". That's not problem also with folding.
    And about the shifter, well the position depends on the car I assume. My condideration was to have it as close as possible to the Wheel. For sure there is an option to put is on the lower right hand side, you may need to drill some holes into the frame for shifter support.

Name:	20160101_063817970_iOS.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	224718

Name:	20160101_063838054_iOS.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	224719

Hope that helps, if you have more questions, let me know.
    Cu
    GForce

Platform
    PS4
    Maybe interesting for others, some progress on my DIY Buttonbox.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1204519

Cu
    GForce

The following user likes this Post: Nickname85