Thread: PC multiplayer replay doesn't match race

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

PC multiplayer replay doesn't match race

Had a strange one this week.

At the race start there were 4 cars, one of which didn't start. So the other 3, me included, head off. I was leading and soon one guy was pestering me, braking late, banging me. It was just us two for the rest of the race. He barged past me, I stayed with him, he went off, blocked me when he came back on.

By the last lap I was pretty annoyed with him so made a bit of a lunge. It wasn't exactly a barge, but I definitely leaned on him. I won the race, and he was pretty upset about it, swearing a lot. So I saved the replay to watch later with the intention of owning up if I'd overcooked it a bit.

When I came to watch the replay, it didn't match the race I'd just had.

Half way around the lap he had a clash with the 3rd place car while I was leading. He ended up in the wall. He limped around for the rest of the lap then came to a halt on the start finish straight.

I watched to the end and I made a lunge inside a car that simply wasn't there, according to the replay. There was even noise as my car hit his car, that wasn't there.

So I'm just curious to know - if the race as it happened was the true race, how come in the replay, his car is being driven, apparently by a human, for a whole lap, losing half a minute at least to me?

Or if the replay is the true version of events, who on earth was that banging me around for 7 laps?

Or am I just haunted?
    i7 4790k OC @ ~4.7Ghz | EVGA FTW 980 TI | 16gb RAM | Oculus Rift | Thrustmaster T300 GTE wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA pedals (with the rubber sink plug fitted) | Orange mouse mat

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Talking

You are not haunted. Never fixed. You can skip the replay in multiplayer mode when players log out during a race (happens all the time). You're welcome
    Last edited by NutsMammoth; 08-01-2016 at 20:56.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - Corsair Carbide 330R - Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3 GHz + Corsair H100i - MSI Z87 G45 Gaming - 16 GB RAM G.Skill Extreme3 PC17000 - SSD Crucial MX100 256GB - SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G - Asus ROG 27" PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync - Thrustmaster T300RS + T3PA + Wheel Stand Pro v2 - Razer Deathstalker - Razer Deathadder 2013

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks - but this guy didn't disconnect. He was still in the lobby after the race, calling me a b*****d.
    i7 4790k OC @ ~4.7Ghz | EVGA FTW 980 TI | 16gb RAM | Oculus Rift | Thrustmaster T300 GTE wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA pedals (with the rubber sink plug fitted) | Orange mouse mat

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe another bug in the multiplayer replay. Anyway, this feature is still bugged so currently useless.
    Last edited by NutsMammoth; 09-01-2016 at 20:11.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - Corsair Carbide 330R - Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3 GHz + Corsair H100i - MSI Z87 G45 Gaming - 16 GB RAM G.Skill Extreme3 PC17000 - SSD Crucial MX100 256GB - SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G - Asus ROG 27" PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync - Thrustmaster T300RS + T3PA + Wheel Stand Pro v2 - Razer Deathstalker - Razer Deathadder 2013
    The following 2 users likes this Post: artao, Rasputin

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It is not only that the player that disconnected is left outside the replay. If one disconected, all the other names and liveries will be just wrong. So if somebody crash into you, latter the replay will shoe another car with another player name then the one that really crashed into you.

Ironic mode on: It is not a bug present since day 1 that SMS refuse or is unable to fix, it is one of those thing that they did different than all the others and deserve applause for.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thmxvr View Post
    It is not only that the player that disconnected is left outside the replay. If one disconected, all the other names and liveries will be just wrong. So if somebody crash into you, latter the replay will shoe another car with another player name then the one that really crashed into you.

Ironic mode on: It is not a bug present since day 1 that SMS refuse or is unable to fix, it is one of those thing that they did different than all the others and deserve applause for.
    I think it came with patch 3 or 4.

It happens every time a player leaves the track, not only the session. DQed players and spectators have the same effect.
    That's why it is not possible to have a spectator switching through players for livestream and also have a working replay for later video editing.
    Poor, very poor.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System ASUS B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM Sparco, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals DC-Simracing | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    Poor, very poor.
    So true. I started with RRE only last week, and watching the first replay showed my everything I miss at the replays of PCars. The only thing I miss at RRE is a time index, but beside that the replay system is incredible.