Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD Falcon V8 SUPERCAR Set Ups ?

Hybrid View

Platform
    PS4

FORD Falcon V8 SUPERCAR Set Ups ?

Hopefully we can use this thread to give tips on the best set ups for the Ford Falcon V8SC released today as free DLC..

I have only driven her stock setup so far, tomorrow i'll start tweeking, it drives really well imo, hes some serious balls and handles really well despite a few minor things that can be tinkered with, well done and thanks SMS team.

Your thoughts if you have used it gents?

cheers

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Haven't driven it yet, not available yet in my neck of the woods, but I'm expecting the spooled (completely solid) diff will prove to be the dominating feature of the car and all setups will need to work their way around it. =)
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Salty Dog

Platform
    PS4
    Any idea what kind of tyre hot pressure we should aim for?
    Default cold pressure feels a bit sloppy.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    I backed off the rear wing a couple of clicks, and backed off the brake pressure until it stopped locking up the front.

Streuth, That thing is a howler to drive around Bathurst

Platform
    PS4
    Its definitely has too much roll, these are pretty stiff cars, so a suggestion would be to stiffen it up lads.

Platform
    PS4
    Haven't backed off brake pressure yet. Its brakes aren't all that strong at speed.
    Running it a little soft round ruapuna feels pretty good but need to drive around that locked diff.
    Any clue to good tyre pressure? Tyres feel sloppy.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Haven't backed off brake pressure yet. Its brakes aren't all that strong at speed.
    Running it a little soft round ruapuna feels pretty good but need to drive around that locked diff.
    Any clue to good tyre pressure? Tyres feel sloppy.
    Hi mate, i run my pressure real high unless im over or understeering, then i might either drop the front of back a bit and tinker with it.
    Regarding the brakes i try and eliminate them as much as i can but feather them a lot, so i set the pressure pretty high.

Keeping in mind im only using a PS4 Controller at this point, will be grabbing a T150 when i have the spare cash.

cheers

Platform
    PS4
    I'm no tuning expert, but here's my setup for this. Very close to stock but got rid of some understeer whilst keeping the rear sane. Full description in the link. Try it out, I'm open to suggestions

Also it was the 97th Ford setup on the site, which is very exciting for me
    The following user likes this Post: Salty Dog

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Show

Platform
    PC
    All I have done so far is played with ARB's, i think two clicks stiffer front and one click stiffer in the rear in car
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 Ghz | Mainboard: No Idea | Memory: 6.00 GB | Videocard: AMD Radeon 6570 1024 MB (8.961-120405a-137813C-ATI) | Soundcard/Headphones: No Idea/ Logitech Z313 Speakers | Network Card: No Idea | Monitors: Acer V233H | PSU: No Idea | Keyboard+Mouse: Microsoft 800 wireless desktop | Gamepad/Wheel: Logitech G27 | OS: Windows 7 64 Bit