Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD Falcon V8 SUPERCAR Set Ups ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Can you guys post Bathurst times with your tunes please.
    I'm doing consistent low 2:06's with an occasional high 2:05 with a stock setup apart from the final drive all the way to the right. Hoping to fix wheel spin issues without having to turn TC on.

Platform
    PS4
    I've done a 2:07.7 with hards and gear ratio one notch to the right.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    ... Hoping to fix wheel spin issues without having to turn TC on.
    Ease up on the go-juice mate
    You won't be fixing wheel spin issues with this car. 600-odd HP in a chassis taller and heavier than GT3 with bugger all down force, silly diff and skinny-ish rubber (280mm I think?)...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Haven't noticed much wheelspin issues at all really with the car, when it gets to plant on both wheels it seems to have a ton of grip with the softs at least.

It will however want to rotate the car around if you stamp on the throttle at the wrong time (unloaded inside rear wheel). =)
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Salty Dog

Platform
    PS4
    ^ ye camber changes on tge road or a bit of steering lock and you're up s* creek with your mouth open
    You're running into trouble when you're trying to get on the throttle as much and as soon as possible.
    Maybe a little patience? A higher gear in the slightly slippery stuff?
    Getting the right amount of throttle to rotate the car will really get you hustling along. Using the disadvantage of the diff to your advantage. Easy said than done though. Bit of a hit/miss on a controller.
    Some of these touring cars with idiosyncrasies-by-design piss me off -_-
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Some of these touring cars
    It still angers me that these things are called "touring cars". WTCC/BTCC/STCC etc., those are actually worthy of being called touring cars. Series with a 100% purpose-built, often spec tube chassis etc. like those used in DTM, V8 Supercars, NASCAR or Stock Car Brasil, those have absolutely nothing to do with touring cars, other than that they evolved from touring car series...

But that's another subject entirely.

I do actually like the idiosyncrasies. It's great that they enforce some things like that just to keep the cars unique, keeps the cars from feeling the same. If we didn't have something like that, everyone would just build either proper prototypes or open-wheelers, because they're the fastest cars around. At least it's not a Detroit Locker running at the rear.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Jason PLAdoh

Platform
    PS4
    Touring cars should be closer to their road-going specs, no? But that's what's become GT racing and touring cars have become purpose-built spec racers.

The idiosyncrasies certainly make them interesting to drive. I just don't have the knowledge and experience to tune them to their potential. Yet
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    I actually love the way that the FG drives, on wide fast tracks like Brno, the car just seems to click with me and I have had a blast with it!
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 Ghz | Mainboard: No Idea | Memory: 6.00 GB | Videocard: AMD Radeon 6570 1024 MB (8.961-120405a-137813C-ATI) | Soundcard/Headphones: No Idea/ Logitech Z313 Speakers | Network Card: No Idea | Monitors: Acer V233H | PSU: No Idea | Keyboard+Mouse: Microsoft 800 wireless desktop | Gamepad/Wheel: Logitech G27 | OS: Windows 7 64 Bit

Platform
    PC
    Quite like these barge-like cars tbh.. I've had a go at a Setup for Brands Hatch GP. Think it turns in a little better and the rear is a bit more planted for getting out of the corners.. Credit to Jussi and his calculator (I think I understood the values correctly!) It's got me No.1 on the time trial and won me our league race by some margin (Although it does eat tyres!).. give it a go!
    RWB Rygel @ RWB Racing

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Touring cars should be closer to their road-going specs, no?
    Well there should at least be a chunk from a road going car somewhere in there, and preferably not just the engine block. Those things are for the most part purpose built tube chassis, purpose built bodywork wrapped around it, and a purpose built drivelines with maybe the engine block from a road going car. =)

And it's not like touring cars have gone away, the WTCC style cars are most definitely road car based and worthy of being called touring cars. It's just that for some reason they've started to also include prototypes into the ranks as well, calling them "supertourers"...

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300