Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't stay on track please help.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

I can't stay on track please help.

Hi all,I'm new to this game but not new to driving games I'm very good at gt6,but this game has me close to insanity I bought the game ,a new steering wheel and after three hours on the clip cup in tier 6 i have not got around the track once due to understeer please help with a tune or advice has anyone had this problem. I heard good things about this game but I'm starting to doubt it any help would be great thanks
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Dog Smith

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    PCars isn't as beginner friendly as GT6.

You need to be smooth with your inputs, sloppy or jerky inputs won't get you anywhere.
    Take it easy on the outlap, warm up the tyres, then try to push the car and do a fast lap. Trying to push the car on cold tyres is pointless.
    Have you tried other cars in solo mode/free practice? If not you should do that, find cars you like and stick with them. Personally I don't like fwd cars like the Clio Cup, no point in spending time in career events for cars I don't like.
    The following user likes this Post: highwaystar1958

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Slow down.

There are tuning setups that help a bit, but I'm afraid it won't magically help you stay on track.

It took me a good while to figure out the Clio, but once I did, it became one of my favourite cars. Stick with it, you will find the sweet spot soon enough

PS: Throttle control is key to the Clio. It reacts a lot differently to most other (RWD) cars.

Platform
    PC
    The Clio isn't an easy car to drive in my opinion. It's got some idiosyncrasies. Maybe practice with something easier (like a Ginetta G40) until you get a feel for it and then come back and attack the Clio.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bromerboi View Post
    Hi all,I'm new to this game but not new to driving games I'm very good at gt6,but this game has me close to insanity I bought the game ,a new steering wheel and after three hours on the clip cup in tier 6 i have not got around the track once due to understeer please help with a tune or advice has anyone had this problem. I heard good things about this game but I'm starting to doubt it any help would be great thanks

This brings a smile to my face. I think is what I thought when I first tried career with Clio's

Cold tyres are horrendous. I used to just pop into 6th coming out of pits and keep it slow and steady til the tyres come up.
    My Racing Simulation System: TV, XBOX, PAD, CHAIR, SPLIFF.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the replys, guys I appreciate that it's not beginner friendly but it's hard . I'm generally good at setting up cars but it's like every thing i do makes the car worse braking is like stop turn off I go stop turn off I go again ha ha. I did a couple of race on free mode ya it better but it still seems a bit wrong in some way I can't explain. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet but at least other people have problems too which is great. Seriously ye have giving me a bit of hope. I might move on I just felt like I couldn't leave a clio beat me . Ya in gt6 ff cars were the hardest but this is a bit ridiculous. Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it. Thanks peps

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the replys, guys I appreciate that it's not beginner friendly but it's hard . I'm generally good at setting up cars but it's like every thing i do makes the car worse braking is like stop turn off I go stop turn off I go again ha ha. I did a couple of race on free mode ya it better but it still seems a bit wrong in some way I can't explain. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet but at least other people have problems too which is great. Seriously ye have giving me a bit of hope. I might move on I just felt like I couldn't leave a clio beat me . Ya in gt6 ff cars were the hardest but this is a bit ridiculous. Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it. Thanks peps
    Coming from owning every gt game that has come out it teaches you bad habits.lol The idea is the same but pcars is much less forgiving. Try just backing up your corners and brake smoothly in a straight line. Basically get slowed down earlier and roll into the corner. The clio is fun once you get it.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    XBOX1
    start with a gt3 car with warm tires. Don't let a car on cold tires be your first car when you driving the game the first time. Never adjust settings with a car that starts out on cold tires until you have some experience how the game works. Cold tires, cold tires, and then after that cold tires. Cold tires and cold tires. Oh yea, cold tires.
    The following user likes this Post: redruMKO

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I felt just like you about project cars when I first came from Grid Autosport. Now, four weeks in and I am flying! Its already been said but for the first two laps the tyres are far too cold to push.
    Also try different cars. Have you played with the settings in the force feedback wheel yet? I spend half a day just on that but well worth it! If you stick with it you will fall in love with Protect cars more than your first girlfriend.
    Last edited by racesafegrandad; 02-02-2016 at 20:25.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it.
    For practice and qualifying you'll need to warm up the tyres on the outlap, for the race the car starts with the tyres already warmed up.
    Classes such as Formula A, DTM, GT3, LMP1, use tyre blankets and come out of the pits with the tyres already warmed up.