Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Platform
    PC
    Thanks you crowtrobot !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Seems like it's working as normal, despite the update...

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    After installing your mod i lost the formula c. I downloaded and activated only liveries for the Formula a, but the formula c is hidden from the menu. If i disable the tool in JSGME everything works. If i chose the F C, then close the game and re-acivate your mod the game chooses the F A for me. Can someone help me?

Sorry for my poor englich and greetings from germany

Edit: It works after a couple of reactivations
    Last edited by ObiMobi; 17-04-2016 at 20:18.

@aestrems:

I found that using Reset usually fixed the issue if I lost the glass material. Not sure why this is happening, but I don't think I'm going to put too much thought into figuring it out (this version was more or less a stop-gap). Got around to testing the new semi-official Mod support that Ged implemented with Patch 10.2 - it works quite well for this Livery Tool, but it's going to require a little thinking on my end on how to best utilize it.

How it works:

• Use the Livery Tool to add your liveries.
    • Navigate to <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool/vehicles/<vehicle>
    • Copy the <vehicle>.rcf and <vehicle>_hr.rcf to <pCARS>/vehicles/<vehicle>
    • Copy the folder <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool/vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle> to <pCARS>/vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle>
    • Create a mods.txt in <pCARS> if it does not exist already.
    • Add lines:
    • Vehicles\<vehicle>\<vehicle>.rcf
    • Vehicles\<vehicle>\<vehicle>_hr.rcf

This works pretty well. The tool will be adapted from its current form to automate this new process instead.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 18-04-2016 at 03:58.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: aestrems, Mad LL

Platform
    PC
    @crowtrobot:

Thank you for your quick answer.

Your instructions looks clear and easy I will take a look this evening and I will let you know!

Now I have a question on my mind, how I can share the library with all the drivers of my league? Not all the guys have the same facilities with the computers

Quote Originally Posted by aestrems View Post
    @crowtrobot:

Thank you for your quick answer.

Your instructions looks clear and easy I will take a look this evening and I will let you know!

Now I have a question on my mind, how I can share the library with all the drivers of my league? Not all the guys have the same facilities with the computers
    Send them a zip with the same directory structure.

In the .zip would be:
    • Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\<vehicle>
    • Vehicles\<vehicle>
    • mods.txt

have them unzip that to the root pCARS directory and they should be good to go. No more JSGME nonsense with Custom Liveries or Custom Grid. You'll be able to activate/deactivate based on what's in the mods.txt, which is really convenient, and removes the need for the cumbersome 1GB download and associated file-handling code (Big thanks to SMS/Ged, again!).

FWIW, the updated version's Export button will automate this process as well, since the whole impetus for the mod originally was for leagues to be able to run sets of custom liveries and easily distribute the sets amongst members who aren't as computer savvy. I may have a new version of Livery tool ready by tonight, but no promises.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 18-04-2016 at 19:26.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 5 users likes this Post: aestrems, Mad LL, McKiernan, NWRAP, Reiche

Ok, got the new version written up and compiled. Re-packaged and sent to some testers. Barring any problems, will release tomorrow
    The following 5 users likes this Post: aestrems, KkDrummer, McKiernan, Morgan Henstridge, NWRAP

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Send them a zip with the same directory structure.

In the .zip would be:
    • Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\<vehicle>
    • Vehicles\<vehicle>
    • mods.txt
    Thank you for your information, yesterday I didn't had the chance to read your post but I had the same idea than you and I used the same structure.

Now is so easy to do and to update (thank SMS and Ged for this)

I found one problem during my test, You can't use this new method on a Dedicated server. Yesterday we try on the Server of our League and you can select your car with your skin but went you jump to the track the game change your skin for one of the original skins of the game. This thing don't happen on the P2P race just on the Dedicated Server, any idea?

Anyway, thank you for the support this new method is awesome

Platform
    PC
    @crowtrobot:

Regarding the problems with the mclaren, I had some problems with the windscreen in cockpit view and some problems with the roof on roof camera

But still have problems with the fresnel and spec .DDS the game don't recognise it, any idea?
    Last edited by aestrems; 20-04-2016 at 09:48.

Hi aestrems,

w.r.t Dedicated Server:
    Did this work with the previous implementation of the Livery Tool? I have only tested SP and p2p MP with the Livery Tool, so I can't speak personally to whether or not it ever worked with DS or not. My guess is that the DS would need the files and the car configuration as well, and even then there could be some hardcoded indexing in it that would prevent this from working.

w.r.t. Mclaren issues:
    Thanks for your testing! I've sent you a PM, see if we can't get to the bottom of it.