Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Henstridge View Post
    Try the "Reset All" option in the livery tool.

I also find if there is a file named incorrectly in the folders, it can sometimes cause the Livery Tool to close when it hits that folder.

I always select the car on the left, then load my liveries folder up the top, then use the arrows to assign or remove liveries, then Assign button to save them.

Wait a few seconds and then close the tool and fire up the game.
    I used my backup folder of vehicles with the correct tires,liveries were red in game,however if i just opened custom liveries tool and assigned just one livery per car again they all work,so for example
    BMW Z4,has 4 custom liveries,i just have to assign 1 again (without removing it) and all 4 work again,so happy it works again
    Intel Core i7 quad core 4790K 4GHZ/4,4GHZ turbo,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 4GB,128GB SSD 1TB HDD internal 3TB HDD external

I believe the R8 mod comes bundled with its own mods.txt file, so if you are activating/deactivating Custom Liveries or Audi mods, then you need to be careful about what which mods.txt is being used. If you are using the R8 mod, I would suggest activating Livery Tool first, R8 mod next, then run the Livery Tool. This should ensure that whatever mods.txt file is currently in the pCARS root directory is the one that gets written to by the Livery Tool.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    I believe the R8 mod comes bundled with its own mods.txt file, so if you are activating/deactivating Custom Liveries or Audi mods, then you need to be careful about what which mods.txt is being used. If you are using the R8 mod, I would suggest activating Livery Tool first, R8 mod next, then run the Livery Tool. This should ensure that whatever mods.txt file is currently in the pCARS root directory is the one that gets written to by the Livery Tool.
    i thought it was working,well the liveries are but now the grid tool is acting weird...it mixes classes...but too much classes..so I have GT3 and LMP cars like I asked but it also adds cars i didn't select like DTM or GT4...I'll see what I can do to sort this out,i'll begin with trying your suggestion

Edit: i give up,i tried everything it's either the liveries don't work or the liveries work but custom grid doesn't,throwing in the towel,can't be bothered anymore to have to mess around every single month with each patch,if anyone does find a fix I'll be happy to hear but for now pcars is going on the shelf
    Last edited by Machinist90; 16-05-2016 at 14:01.
    Intel Core i7 quad core 4790K 4GHZ/4,4GHZ turbo,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 4GB,128GB SSD 1TB HDD internal 3TB HDD external

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Dear crowtrobot

ever when i will added liveries the tool is closing pls help why

thx

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin0021 View Post
    Dear crowtrobot

ever when i will added liveries the tool is closing pls help why

thx
    I get this when i have incorrect filenames in the folders. ensure the liveries are all named correctly inside the folder and sub-folders you are trying to load.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist90 View Post
    i thought it was working,well the liveries are but now the grid tool is acting weird...it mixes classes...but too much classes..so I have GT3 and LMP cars like I asked but it also adds cars i didn't select like DTM or GT4...I'll see what I can do to sort this out,i'll begin with trying your suggestion

Edit: i give up,i tried everything it's either the liveries don't work or the liveries work but custom grid doesn't,throwing in the towel,can't be bothered anymore to have to mess around every single month with each patch,if anyone does find a fix I'll be happy to hear but for now pcars is going on the shelf
    Machinist:

It's kind of vague from your posts, but I'm gathering that you want to be able to run the R8 Mod, add new sets of liveries with Custom Livery Tool, and customize the starting grid for a race with Custom Grid.

To do this:
    • Activate the R8 mod, test that it works.
    • Install Custom Livery Tool.
    • Activate the Custom Grid Tool_CL (the release for use with Custom Livery Tool).
    • Run the Livery Tool, assign the sets of liveries you want.
    • Run the Grid Tool, assign the grid that you want.

I'm fairly confident that should work. Admittedly, I haven't done a whole lot of testing with using my tools and addon cars, but I've done my best to generalize the functions in them so that new cars would be handled appropriately (so I wouldn't be re-writing my code every time SMS released an update), so I would expect them to work. A lot of these mods access the same files, so you have to be careful about the order in which things are done to get the desired outcome.

Hope that helps.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Morgan Henstridge, NoBrakes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Machinist:

It's kind of vague from your posts, but I'm gathering that you want to be able to run the R8 Mod, add new sets of liveries with Custom Livery Tool, and customize the starting grid for a race with Custom Grid.

To do this:
    • Activate the Custom Grid Tool_CL (the release for use with Custom Livery Tool).

I'm fairly confident that should work. Admittedly, I haven't done a whole lot of testing with using my tools and addon cars, but I've done my best to generalize the functions in them so that new cars would be handled appropriately (so I wouldn't be re-writing my code every time SMS released an update), so I would expect them to work. A lot of these mods access the same files, so you have to be careful about the order in which things are done to get the desired outcome.

Hope that helps.
    Works exactly this way. Just did it yesterday.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, Morgan Henstridge, Slowsley

Platform
    PC
    Machinist:

To do this:

Hope that helps.
    aha thank you I will test that asap,thanks for the support,greatly appreciated

Edit that works thanks! the problem (i think) was i was using my own custom rcf files from before to get custom tyres,it will take a lot of work to type it all over again but at least it's working again,thank you!
    Last edited by Machinist90; 18-05-2016 at 09:42.

Platform
    PC
    hey crowtrobot.

is it possible to change the default path of the exports? eg in an .ini file.
    Currently its the pcars folder, but it would be nice to have an other default path for that.
    Also the default folder source liveries.

Also an option to export packs, w/o assigning and changing something inside PCars.
    that would prevent, killing current settings when working on packs for some league races.

Thanks
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM 599xx, TS-PC Rim | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/
    The following user likes this Post: NWRAP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I install the mod and when I launch the game, some cars like the Audi R8 lmp900, bmw v12 lmr or formula c disappear...
    Can someone help me??
    Thanks !