Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    Don't know if this has been addressed in a while, but I would certainly use this feature if present. Back when pez2k's Custom Skin Organizer was developed during the WMD days, I made a habit of downloading the authors' preview images and placing them in the requisite folder. That way I could scan for the livery I liked without having to recall from memory what it looked like.

As I mostly race in single-player, I haven't really taken the opportunity to play with this new tool of yours. But without the images it doesn't have quite the same usefulness for me as the earlier tool, although it seems very feature-rich in other regards.
    Hi eracerhead,

Sorry to say, that feature's quite dead for the foreseeable future. Reason's are two-fold: 1) I'm really time-constrained this summer between work and some life things, and 2) I wrote the interface using python and PyQt5 - neither works well with .dds files without requiring some additional libraries that cannot be pre-packaged.

Totally understand that a livery editor/browser would be expected to contain a preview window (kind of embarrassed not to have it, honestly), but them's the breaks.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Hi eracerhead,

Sorry to say, that feature's quite dead for the foreseeable future. Reason's are two-fold: 1) I'm really time-constrained this summer between work and some life things, and 2) I wrote the interface using python and PyQt5 - neither works well with .dds files without requiring some additional libraries that cannot be pre-packaged.

Totally understand that a livery editor/browser would be expected to contain a preview window (kind of embarrassed not to have it, honestly), but them's the breaks.
    Thanks for the response. The DDS files wouldn't be as useful to me as just seeing an image of the livery applied to the car, but I hear you; scripting is a chore, esp. when you have work or other matters intruding on free time. If that feature comes some day, that'd be great. If not, I'll make do.
    ...because simcar

Gearbox: i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z370 M5 | MSI GTX1080Ti (OC) | G.SKILL 32Gb DDR4 (XMP) | Kraken x52 AIO cooler | Win10 Pro | CrewChief | VoiceAttack

Chassis: SimLab TR1 | NRG FRP-300 | CSW v2.5, Universal Hub | CSP v3 | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34" ultrawide

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Nice tool but I used it once for F1 skins but when i wanted to add some other f1 skins tool always crashed after LOAD directory.. Any suggestions ??

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    and if I want to share modded livery list, which files to send to my mates for online gaming ?? thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey guys I have an problem with the tool it worked very well but since today the standard liveries are disappeared!?
    Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Marine View Post
    Hey guys I have an problem with the tool it worked very well but since today the standard liveries are disappeared!?
    Please help
    Did you install any additional mods or cars today?
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No i haven't but i fixed it thanks!

I tried to add a skin to the MP4-12C today. Skin appears in game but cockpit view is messed up.
    Is there a fix for this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cockpit.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	234351

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    I tried to add a skin to the MP4-12C today. Skin appears in game but cockpit view is messed up.

Hi Jarvis,

Go to Vehicles\mclaren_mp4-12c_gt3 and Add or modify the line of the banner.dds to the code below. Do it on the mclaren_mp4-12c_gt3.rcf and mclaren_mp4-12c_gt3_hr.rcf files
    HTML Code:
        <REPLACE NEWTEXTURE="vehicles\textures\liveries\mcl_mp4_gt3_banner13.dds" TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\mclaren_gt3_banner_diff.dds" />
    Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post

You need to either have a banner.dds file included with your livery, or do as aestrems says and manually edit the .rcf files to use one of the existing banners. It's showing up white because there's a broken texture mapped to the windscreen.