Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Announcing the Nvidia Challenger Series

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ok. To clear what bugs the ghostdata it would be good to run some tests. If people have time I'd suggest pinning down every single laptime you do and after you've set a time head to the leaderboard, select that ghost and start the event.
    Then compare the times you've set to the time actually shown (the one in my 2nd screenshot above), this way you can see which ghost has been uploaded.

I also have not too much hope I'll improove a lot in this event, it's not a car I like very much and there are two extensive kickoff-bbq-season-sessions planned this weekend. I doubt beeing faster after the eating-orgy. I may need a few days of sleep more likely.
    Last edited by Mezzanine; 23-04-2016 at 12:25.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

You guys are damn fast here, I just fired up pcars to maybe maintain a P100 position. Nice challenge, it's the first timetrial I see in pcars where a lot of people are really really close to each other, which is great. I've seen there are even several people on the top who have set the exact same time. Gaining a position is a matter of milliseconds, that is a good challenge

But what I've also seen, is that for some the right ghost seems to have uploaded, but for the others the wrong ghost is shown. Up to now I thought this happens seldom but it does not.

I have checked P1 to P20 - for 50% the right ghost ist shown, but for the other half a wrong one is in.

I hope you see the problems behind this, this will break the integrity of the board.
    Not beeing the same for everyone it should shut down the exploiting possibility I thought about some posts ago, mostly and at least.

Do you maybe already know why this happens, is there a workarround?

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Times with ghosts which do not match are simply because the leaderboards take a bit of time to update properly if drivers set several improved times in quick succession.

I have been reviewing ghosts on PS4 and XB1 today, and all of the ghosts have matched the lap-times correctly.

We will take care when reviewing the PC ghosts to make sure that the same is true there. I suspect that by the time we come to do our final checks, the PC servers will have caught up and the ghosts will be correct. This was always the case in our 2015 season as well.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, ibby, Mezzanine

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Barron View Post
    Times with ghosts which do not match are simply because the leaderboards take a bit of time to update properly if drivers set several improved times in quick succession.

I have been reviewing ghosts on PS4 and XB1 today, and all of the ghosts have matched the lap-times correctly.

We will take care when reviewing the PC ghosts to make sure that the same is true there. I suspect that by the time we come to do our final checks, the PC servers will have caught up and the ghosts will be correct. This was always the case in our 2015 season as well.
    Hello!

Thank you for this answer, that sounds reasonable and a quick check leadboards website (you can see when the time's been set over there) vs ingame leaderboad vs ghost shown supports your answer. That is good to hear!

I hope you can clear up the other points easily, too.

Thx for your support on this, pls go on like that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh - maybe a quickshot:

When you start the timetrial, your brakes are still cold - to get the most out of them you need a to warm them up maybe an additional lap.
    When doing this on the Monza track it's a tradeoff - if I do this, the tire temperatures aren't the best anymore

With additional laps then tirewear comes up (I cannot turn that off at least) which makes it harder to pin in a fast lap, so I'm ending up restarting and warming up brakes again.
    Having hotter brakes at the start would easy up doing a good lap is my thought.

Is there a specific reason for the brakes start cold?

thx & cheers again

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Barron View Post

Please double check this as the guy on the top spot had a 145.2 on Sunday yet the ghost lap was showing a 145.7 this was also on Sunday btw.Monday evening with 45mins remaining the ghost was still showing a 145.7
    Many thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Looks like guys on PS4 have found how they can glitch ghosts so they have posted invalid times with slower and valid ghosts. I think everybody with wrong ghost should be disqualified from this round because there is no way you can check that time is valid. Or take that time from fake ghost...

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Looks like guys on PS4 have found how they can glitch ghosts so they have posted invalid times with slower and valid ghosts. I think everybody with wrong ghost should be disqualified from this round because there is no way you can check that time is valid. Or take that time from fake ghost...
    Unless those people with invalid ghosts can supply their own evidence that proves their time is valid, I have to say I agree with you. If a ghost cannot be viewed, for whatever reason (ie legitimate problem or foul play), then the time should not be accepted as valid.

I'm on the PC division and would have been 28th except the wrong ghost was applied to my lap. It doesn't matter in relation to points of course (28th doesn't score any ) but it would have been nice if it was a verifiable lap.

I suspect network glitches might be the cause of this. In future, I'm going to watch every lap I do before I cross the S/F line and will exit back to the main menu if the lap looks like it will be bad. I will also do the same immediately after any half-decent lap. If SMS decide that 'no valid ghost = no valid placing' then I would suggest that others follow suit if they want to ensure their time is counted. (EDIT : I don't know how it works on console, but on PC you can go the pause menu - press Esc - and watch a 2-minute replay from there)
    Last edited by cluck; 26-04-2016 at 08:08.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: justme

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Unless those people with invalid ghosts can supply their own evidence that proves their time is valid, I have to say I agree with you. If a ghost cannot be viewed, for whatever reason (ie legitimate problem or foul play), then the time should not be accepted as valid.

I'm on the PC division and would have been 28th except the wrong ghost was applied to my lap. It doesn't matter in relation to points of course (28th doesn't score any ) but it would have been nice if it was a verifiable lap.

I suspect network glitches might be the cause of this
    . In future, I'm going to watch every lap I do before I cross the S/F line and will exit back to the main menu if the lap looks like it will be bad. I will also do the same immediately after any half-decent lap. If SMS decide that 'no valid ghost = no valid placing' then I would suggest that others follow suit if they want to ensure their time is counted.
    How do you check if the ghost is valid in the actual lap presumably it only saves when you fully exit back to main screen ?
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEN:AUT | FF:to suit | LIN:On | NDP:50 | NFR:Off | NIN:50 | INT:6 | FEI:100 | Rest :100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    How do you check if the ghost is valid in the actual lap presumably it only saves when you fully exit back to main screen ?
    I don't know how it works on the consoles, I just know that on PC you can watch a 2-minute replay right away from the pause game menu. I posted this before (in one of the 2 threads for this event) and I think somebody there said it wasn't possible on console? I'll edit my post to make it clearer that I am referring to PC only .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //