Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Working nicely for me in the DK2.

One thing though; the raindrops on the visor are all wrong. The visor looks like it's hugely out of scale and way too big. Makes it look like giant raindrops falling on to a sheet of glass about 6 feet in front of me.
    Same here! I have to turn off rain drops to be able to play

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Oculus Rift DK2 problem with steam VR

[QUOTE=Stephen Viljoen;1260066]Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform

Please guys help me! I have a DK2, windows 10, radeon R9 280 and steam project cars. I don't know why, after the VR instalation form Steam, the oculus shows the game on a cinema view mode. it sems like I'm going to the movies. The screen is curve and I'm not inside the car, but only se the curve screen the front of me, like a comum curve monitor. I'm thinking about to make the windows downgrade to use a old version of oculus drivers. What do you think about that. Thank's and sorry about my english. I'm from Brasil.

Platform
    PC
    hi,

Just uncheck "Use Desktop Game Theathre whileSteamVR is active" in the game properties in steam, and the game will launch just as before
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7 9700K 8 cores OC@5GHz | GPU: RTX 2080 OC@2020MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 | Controller: Fanatec DD1 + Clusbport Pedal V3 | Display: Pimax 5K+ VR headset | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Playstation Headset | Launch options: none

Kart Driver
    I have a DK2, still with Runtime 0.8. Its been a month or two since I've played PCars, and it used to automatically detect the Rift and play perfectly. Now when I launch PCars it doesn't activate the Rift at all. What do I need to do to get back to functional until I get my CV1 in a few months?
    Thanks!

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantage9 View Post
    I have a DK2, still with Runtime 0.8. Its been a month or two since I've played PCars, and it used to automatically detect the Rift and play perfectly. Now when I launch PCars it doesn't activate the Rift at all. What do I need to do to get back to functional until I get my CV1 in a few months?
    Thanks!
    You need the 1.3 Runtime now, it won't work without that .

Go here and click Start Download

Be aware, though, that games that haven't been patched up to 1.3 compatibility will no longer work. Somebody posted a switcher utility on here, that enables you to revert back to earlier runtimes. I'll try and find it.

EDIT : Here's a link to the Reddit thread that was mentioned on this forum. Bear in mind, that utility is not officially supported by Oculus or SMS so you use it at your own risk .
    Last edited by cluck; 08-05-2016 at 20:25.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    You need the 1.3 Runtime now, it won't work without that .

Go here and click Start Download

Be aware, though, that games that haven't been patched up to 1.3 compatibility will no longer work. Somebody posted a switcher utility on here, that enables you to revert back to earlier runtimes. I'll try and find it.
    Thanks for the heads up, but PCars is the only game I care about the DK2 with at the moment. So once I upgrade to 1.3 Runtime, it should all just work again? Fingers crossed...

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the heads up, but PCars is the only game I care about the DK2 with at the moment. So once I upgrade to 1.3 Runtime, it should all just work again? Fingers crossed...
    Yep

There's some useful info in a few Oculus threads on here, but some key points to take into account :-

1. Don't enable Motion Blur (if it's already enabled, disable it)
    2. Disable 'Stretched Headlight Reflections'. They look nice but they aren't currently aligned correctly.
    3. There is no mouse visible in the Rift but it will appear on your monitor, so just lift your visor up to see your screen and you should be able to navigate OK
    4. Don't be tempted to ramp all the detail up - your system won't cope, trust me . Environment Mapping and Reflections can safely be left on Low or Medium - you'll only really see a difference in the wet and probably only then in replays/screenshots
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Kart Driver
    Yep

There's some useful info in a few Oculus threads on here, but some key points to take into account :-

1. Don't enable Motion Blur (if it's already enabled, disable it)
    2. Disable 'Stretched Headlight Reflections'. They look nice but they aren't currently aligned correctly.
    3. There is no mouse visible in the Rift but it will appear on your monitor, so just lift your visor up to see your screen and you should be able to navigate OK
    4. Don't be tempted to ramp all the detail up - your system won't cope, trust me . Environment Mapping and Reflections can safely be left on Low or Medium - you'll only really see a difference in the wet and probably only then in replays/screenshots
    Still no dice. I updated to 1.3 and went through the Oculus Home setup whatnot, and checked the setting to allow unknown sources to use the Rift.

When I launched PCars through Steam it just starts on the monitor like normal, the DK2 doesn't even come on (light stays yellow). If I run Oculus Home it shows up on the DK2 (even though it tells me its not supported), but PCars is a totally separate purchase in Oculus Home... Do I have to buy it again and run it there, or can I still get it to launch in the DK2 through Steam? Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Still no dice. I updated to 1.3 and went through the Oculus Home setup whatnot, and checked the setting to allow unknown sources to use the Rift.

When I launched PCars through Steam it just starts on the monitor like normal, the DK2 doesn't even come on (light stays yellow). If I run Oculus Home it shows up on the DK2 (even though it tells me its not supported), but PCars is a totally separate purchase in Oculus Home... Do I have to buy it again and run it there, or can I still get it to launch in the DK2 through Steam? Thanks
    You don't need to buy it again, no, the Steam version should run just fine - that's what I have.

If you have Steam VR or Steam Theatre enabled, disable both of those as they don't work properly with pCARS (or at least didn't before the Steam update this week).

I know I was in the same situation as yourself when I first loaded it all up but I can't remember what solved it in the end. I think it was a case of switching stuff off and on again (including the PC AND mains to everything) and at some point it just sort of worked. Sorry, not a lot of help I know .

Kart Driver
    You don't need to buy it again, no, the Steam version should run just fine - that's what I have.

If you have Steam VR or Steam Theatre enabled, disable both of those as they don't work properly with pCARS (or at least didn't before the Steam update this week).

I know I was in the same situation as yourself when I first loaded it all up but I can't remember what solved it in the end. I think it was a case of switching stuff off and on again (including the PC AND mains to everything) and at some point it just sort of worked. Sorry, not a lot of help I know .

AHHA you guys are champs. Its working now... like you said after a bunch of on - offs and such.. there it was.

So now it looks great on the DK2, and the Monitor version is a single view! ( it used to be the dual-vision). However, the Monitor view is in a Window that is not quite maximized, and playing with the "Windowed" setting doesn't seem to change it. any thoughts?
    The following user likes this Post: cluck