Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform

Stephen Viljoen
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Pr0ph3cy View Post
    and btw the Opponent Names are vanished and no chance to get them back... that makes the game useless for ESL.
    It is a known issue and we'll release a fix for that and more in an update very soon. We had to make a call between releasing the VR update now, or holding it all back because the opponent labels aren't working. I'm sure you can appreciate that there are vastly more people wanting the VR update. Again, the labels issue is in hand and we'll have it sorted ASAP. Bear with us please.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macmac__ View Post
    Third or 4th change worked here too, now I can't reproduce it even with old profile and config files from backup

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Project CARS\

Do you scroll to the right? Now it seems to show the current resolution as the leftmost item in the list, some smaller resolutions have always been locked to windowed mode, by game or by windows dunno, but at least native resolution should show as selectable for fullscreen (by game or by windows dunno)

I did not go to the right enough.....i assumed that would be lowering resolution...but the numbers started to go up to my resolution and then i chose No for windowed, restarted and it was back to full screen 1920x1280!
    Thanks for making me think outside the normal scroll!! LOL Thanks!
    Last edited by mha1012; 01-04-2016 at 21:03.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Viljoen View Post
    It is a known issue and we'll release a fix for that and more in an update very soon. We had to make a call between releasing the VR update now, or holding it all back because the opponent labels aren't working. I'm sure you can appreciate that there are vastly more people wanting the VR update. Again, the labels issue is in hand and we'll have it sorted ASAP. Bear with us please.
    Hi Stephen, is there any possibility we can have an option to remove fences? One of the biggest complaints form all VR users is the shimmering on fences. It was even noted during the launch day tests recorded over a GB. It's a real serious deal breaker for me as it causes serious distraction and eye movement as I have to force my self to look away from such shimmer.

You can see this lot over at giant bomb mention the appalling shimmer and distractions at spa, the give it a very poor review overall be uses of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imlbNXF6gpM 3:30ish

There are others who are giving similar reviews and I can attest to it. There must be a way to remove these fence posts type objects from the game in an option or even remove them all until the engine can support them successfully.

It would be a huge improvement and would reduce users and critics from giving such bad first impressions with the game.

Edit:
    It's worth mentioning that fence posts don't offer much in terms of realism anyway and are not present in other games such as asetto corsa who laser scanned their courses, so their should be no upset users complaining that the shimmering fence posts have been removed
    Last edited by Ray Pim; 01-04-2016 at 21:18.

Platform
    PC
    Yes, thank you for doing the right thing.
    System Specs:MSI GTX 980 | i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB Kingston SSD | Win 10 [x64]
    Display: Oculus Rift DK2 CV1 / 50" LED TV.
    Input: T300 GTE Rim / G27 Pedals + Shifter / VoiceAttack

WMD Member
    Great stuff, giving us the steam version so quick

Great suggestion from Ray Rim for a future patch. Removing the fences might improve both performance and image quality

Platform
    PC
    Just as good as the home version, not sure what, if any, difference there are, but 15 laps at Monza with everything ultra and 30 cars and not a single drop below 75.

Still worth the extra 35 for the home version anyway

For the fences, have you tried turning AA up, I only had shimmering when AA was too low.
    Last edited by TrevorAustin; 01-04-2016 at 21:39.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following user likes this Post: Joe Moore

Platform
    PC
    Let's see how Oculus sets off now. Might be the future for gaming, or might end up like the Nintendo powerglove
    Will be interesting to see how this new segment of the market evolves, and if/ when prices go down eventually.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    THANK

YOU

!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    Just as good as the home version, not sure what, if any, difference there are, but 15 laps at Monza with everything ultra and 30 cars and not a single drop below 75.

Still worth the extra 35 for the home version anyway

For the fences, have you tried turning AA up, I only had shimmering when AA was too low.
    I run AA on HIGH and sometimes with FXAA on low if it suits the track/environment. It shimmers on a 1440p monitor and VR. It's inherent to the engine, I believe Ian Bell said that its to do with the deferred rendering or something and flicker is inherent to the engine. This further strengthens to follow the example set by others (even those who laser scan tracks and get the highest praise in sim racing) and remove the offending objects that (A) Cause an issue and (B) add no benefit to the track in either look/performance/accuracy or anything else.

Removing them would improve graphical quality, remove shimmer for oculus users and, well, everyone really. It would improve performance slightly, it would allow oculus users to have a more immersive experience and more importantly a more comfortable one.

It would reduce negative user and critic reviews as almost every review from the critics and the users mention flicker/shimmer as being an issue.

It would provide no loss to anyone, as anyone willing to protest a fence post that doesn't exist in the laser scanned tracks anyway, is surly a moron, so it's a win, win... win situation. And that's a rarity in here
    Last edited by Ray Pim; 01-04-2016 at 21:51.

WMD Member
    I'm probably gonna stop playing PCARS untill i get my Rift now.

After i get my rift it will be the ONLY race game i will play, for a very long time