Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FFB is horrible in this game...

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

FFB is horrible in this game...

Hi all. Huge fan of racing games and have a very good setup with racing chair, wheel etc.

I come from games like LFS, Rfactor, assetto corsa. Those games have a very realistic FFB feel to them.

The biggest issue i have with this game is where as soon as you step out sideways, it violently counter steers too much. Even in real life that is not the case.

I have turned down the over all Tyre force but thats hasnt fixed it, i now feel less of the car and it still has this weird counter steer jerk. Is there a setting where i can fix that?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by worx View Post
    Hi all. Huge fan of racing games and have a very good setup with racing chair, wheel etc.

I come from games like LFS, Rfactor, assetto corsa. Those games have a very realistic FFB feel to them.

The biggest issue i have with this game is where as soon as you step out sideways, it violently counter steers too much. Even in real life that is not the case.

I have turned down the over all Tyre force but thats hasnt fixed it, i now feel less of the car and it still has this weird counter steer jerk. Is there a setting where i can fix that?
    It helps to share some more info. Which wheel are you using ?
    They all need different settings to feel right, and even then FFB is rather personal.
    FFB is not at all horrible in PCars, it is rather good.
    But there are so many settings you can easily get lost in the beginning.
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 15-05-2016 at 10:55.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    It would be nice to leave claims of realism out of an FFB discussion (and judgments like 'horrible', too) and just concentrate on what you would like to see changed.

FFB by definition isn't realistic, in any game, so if you give more info as requested above about what hardware you're using and what you think needs to be changed and/or added then we can help with setting it up how you like it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    @OP
    Well, on the issue of countersteering and forces being too high, when karting I get the feeling that when the kart's rear steps out the wheel counteracts the oversteer almost by itself, at least at lower speeds.

The post alone makes it hard for us to determine whether you really have a problem with the FFB or you're running into behaviour you simply didn't expect. Do you have any recording software on your PC? If so, it would be great if you could start recording, start a free practice session and enable the telemetry HUD, with all the bells and whistles including you wheel input and the FFB output. Then we can take a look on the graphs and work on a solution together.

On top, as Remco already wrote it would be great if you could add your system details into your signature (see below our posts for examples). In your particular case, having the name of your wheel at hand would be great since we'd have to treat a Thrustmaster T150 differently than those beefy Bodnar or FREX systems.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i use a thrustmaster tx on pc with jack spade files and FFB is GREAT on this game
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mbondracing, rocho

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by worx View Post

The FFB can be really good in this game.

If you used the Default template, in the Calibrate FFB menu, it comes with too much Steering Gain. Put it back to 1. This should give you a mostly clipping free FFB.

Run like it for couple hours, to understand what works and what doesn't. After that, there's loads of guide on the forum to help you dial what you want. They're in my signature.

Good luck.
    Last edited by poirqc; 15-05-2016 at 12:34.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    @Patrick Kulinski I think you are right in saying the when the rear end steps out the wheel does counteracts its self but I have found that some times its to extreme and other times non existent this makes feeling and controlling a slid abit of a chore. This is the same with my t500 and my OSW so I think they could do with tweaking it. And no my wheel is not clipping and have a good understanding of the ffb calibration settings do.

Platform
    PC
    (with Jack Spades) It's decent on 4wd cars and pretty good on the others, nothing stellar, but neither is my G27 on top of the list of great FFB-steeringwheels!
    So i guess you get what you pay for, and I didn't have enough to dish out when I bought a FFB-wheel.
    CPU i7-6700K ~4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED),
    Wheel Logitech G27+Wheelstand Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1. (I'm currently busy being a Samurai or a Sniper)

Banned
    PCARS has the most realistic and flexible FFB engine. Period. There are around 200 parameters to adjust. Just because you couldn't fix the problem immediately by changing one of those parameters is no reason to start a thread here saying the FFB sucks. Have some patience and explore the per car settings, as well as the many master settings that you haven't tried. Also try raising the car's steering ratio if you're having problems with opposite lock. Or lower the car's arm angle. There are a lot of ways to fix any problem you have.

Platform
    PC
    FFB in Pcars is way too complicated for no reason . I hope it will be changed for Pcars2 .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ Gigabyte GeForce RTX3080 ti gaming OC 12G , 3X windforce fans 12GB 384 bit gddrx6 \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ 49" Samsung C49RG90 \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ ButtKicker Simulation Kit \ SRS Shakekit Plus \ SRS tac and fan mod \ Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 \ DOFreality P3 \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Mclaren GT3 \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System . SteelSeries Artics 7 Wireless Gaming .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: SlowBloke