Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Project cars won't load on Oculus Rift from steam

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Mine doesn't work as well, but mine show other problem.

The game will load but the HUD is clipped. It's like the screen on each eyes didn't correctly overlap. And when i start the actual gameplay, there's nothing shows up on the Rift. Just blank grey screen on the Rift.
    I tried to verify the game integrity and also delete all the XML files in documents.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Speare View Post
    See below:

Thank you, ctd - I have windows 7 and won't go to 10 until I have no choice. Both Pcars and Pcars2 have the same issue. From where I sit, every other VR application runs that has Oculus v1.3+ runtime support. The only two that have it and won't run are these. I can't justify a full on syswipe to get two titles to run when all of the other VR applications run without issue.
    Ha, ha. Yeah I totally understand you don't want that trouble before it's the only remedy. But I have to tell you, there are many reports on this forum that Win 10 offered a significant smother experience in VR with PCars in comparsion to Win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd View Post
    Ha, ha. Yeah I totally understand you don't want that trouble before it's the only remedy. But I have to tell you, there are many reports on this forum that Win 10 offered a significant smother experience in VR with PCars in comparsion to Win 7.
    It was running perfectly not more than three weeks ago. Nothing other than the OH updates have changed on my end. I've had zero issues with Win7.
    derekspearedesigns.com | i7-5930 | 32gb Ram | EVGA 980ti | Evo 850 1tb | Lots of sim racing goodies | CV1 (DK2 retired) | Win7 SP1 | DSD FTW!

PCars Supporter Since October 2011 - All DLC Owned

Platform
    PC
    Um, what's "OH"? What version of that are you running now?

I'm afraid I cannot help much in this, but with the above information I'll inquire with the devs again.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Um, what's "OH"?
    Oculus Home
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Derek Speare, Sankyo

We are looking into it BTW. But one thing to point out is, pCARS 2 doesn't have the oculus runtime in it at all, so this certainly won't run in VR.
    The following user likes this Post: Derek Speare

Are you choosing to run the game in SteamVR mode? Its working just fine here on the DK2 on the released Steam build.

Stephen Viljoen
    Just a reminder that as per my original post over here:

"A final note - our focus has been on providing a polished end-user experience when using the final Oculus Rift 'CV1' HMD. Although the 'DK2' HMD should still work, The hardware has significantly improved. We therefor cannot guarantee the same quality of experience when using the 'DK2' unit, as some of these features may not work as well as they do on the 'CV1'."

So as much as we would like to continue to keep the DK2 support working, we cannot officially support it beyond what we are already doing for CV1.
    The following user likes this Post: Derek Speare

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I recognize that the DK2 is "unsupported". The quandary is that it was working flawlessly not more than three weeks ago, and now it's a no-go. I have never run SteamVR to get Pcars to run in VR, and that was with the Oculus Home ("OH") software installed (v1.3 and higher runtimes). Steam VR has never been installed on this PC, and from what I know is not necessary since the Oculus Home program controls VR rendering. I posted previously to this thread a screenshot from the OH settings indicating the v1.4 version.

I brought up Pcars2 since VR did work in it some time ago...and it was a blast, BTW! The autocross/road rally was a hoot!
    derekspearedesigns.com | i7-5930 | 32gb Ram | EVGA 980ti | Evo 850 1tb | Lots of sim racing goodies | CV1 (DK2 retired) | Win7 SP1 | DSD FTW!

PCars Supporter Since October 2011 - All DLC Owned

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Speare View Post
    Thank you, Gentlemen.

I recognize that the DK2 is "unsupported". The quandary is that it was working flawlessly not more than three weeks ago, and now it's a no-go. I have never run SteamVR to get Pcars to run in VR, and that was with the Oculus Home ("OH") software installed (v1.3 and higher runtimes). Steam VR has never been installed on this PC, and from what I know is not necessary since the Oculus Home program controls VR rendering. I posted previously to this thread a screenshot from the OH settings indicating the v1.4 version.

I brought up Pcars2 since VR did work in it some time ago...and it was a blast, BTW! The autocross/road rally was a hoot!
    Its scheduled in pretty soon to get it all up and working, so shouldn't be too long

When you launch it in Steam do you get the options to launch 3 ways?
    The following user likes this Post: AdamVi