Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault Sport R.S. 01

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Renault Sport R.S. 01

Hi Devs

Can the Renault Sport R.S. 01 be balanced and moved to GT3 class as per real life, its a very nice car that doesn't get the love it deserves. Anyone else like to see this happen?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by binarywarrior View Post
    Hi Devs

Can the Renault Sport R.S. 01 be balanced and moved to GT3 class as per real life, its a very nice car that doesn't get the love it deserves. Anyone else like to see this happen?
    The version that was licensed is the version used for their single make racing series.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    it would be nice to have another diverse GT3 car, but it needs to be heavily de-tuned, and have about 150 pounds of weight/ballast added to it as per real-life GT3 homologation. I can't see that happening in pCARS1, maybe PC2 if SMS sees a need/want for it on the WMD forums.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So your saying is not possible, to make any BoP changes without permission, if so

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by binarywarrior View Post
    So your saying is not possible, to make any BoP changes without permission, if so
    That is correct. Renault would have to approve of it (and they could charge an extra license if they did approve since it's a different car).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    sucks but thanks for the info

Platform
    PC
    That's not to say a mod team couldn't do it....

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BuToNz, E_Luckow, LamboMantisMan23, OddTimer

Platform
    PC
    I drive it quite a bit and if we had the GT3 version I'm not sure I would drive that version as much, but I can understand that the guys that really love there GT3 cars would like it.

What I don't understand is how the RS.01 managed to get into GT3, GT racing use to be based on mass production road cars.

Platform
    PS4
    The car doesn't have proper GT3 homologation, it's been let into the French Championship (surprise), 24H series (bring it and race it philosophy), but won't be making an appearance in Blancpain anytime soon.

The car really is more prototype than GT3, the changes made to even get it close to GT3 performance are backwards steps!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's real place is its spec series. They have been great races this season. Idk why they don't have the commentators on the replays though. If u haven't noticed the rs01 can just do 70 mins on tires and fuel which is the endurace race length for the series. Taking care of tires is key for series and for a 70 min race also as they are on the fringe at the end and running on fumes. Makes for a good race. Actually for a great race.

I watched the rs01 in the gt open race last week. Didn't perform great but a am driver was in it. Other series like we're mentioned above allow it also but these series also allow other gt3 cars. You don't have to be a production car to be gt3 homogalated but the cars just aren't legal in most series. In the same race a homogolated radical rxc gt3 was racing.

Looks like it picked up its first win gt3 spec.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...in-race-2.html
    Last edited by Fight-Test; 24-05-2016 at 13:51.