Thread: Oulton Park Island - Ruf CTR3 SMS-R

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Oulton Park Island - Ruf CTR3 SMS-R

Why is there a difference in the speed for the same gearing between time trial and Nvidia Challenger series round 4 ? Same car Ruf CTR3 SMS-R , same track Oulton Park Island same saved set up final drive 3.88 second gear tops at 71mph but this set up for the challenge 2nd gear tops at 80mph.
    I have checked the difference between 1st to 4th gears and the gearing is set higher for all in the Nvidia challenge for this car and track. If I set the final drive to 3.44 and run in time trial I get gear to speed match for a 3.88 final drive for the challenge.

[LTN]Coke

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LTN Coke View Post
    Why is there a difference in the speed for the same gearing between time trial and Nvidia Challenger series round 4 ? Same car Ruf CTR3 SMS-R , same track Oulton Park Island same saved set up final drive 3.88 second gear tops at 71mph but this set up for the challenge 2nd gear tops at 80mph.
    I have checked the difference between 1st to 4th gears and the gearing is set higher for all in the Nvidia challenge for this car and track. If I set the final drive to 3.44 and run in time trial I get gear to speed match for a 3.88 final drive for the challenge.

[LTN]Coke
    The Nvidia Challenger Series is a Fixed Setup Series. It uses the default setups for each car.

Any changes that you have made to a car's setup in other modes are reset to the defaults when you enter an Nvidia Challenger Series event using that car.
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for your reply.

[LTN]Coke

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Pls i need help. Ive driven an 1.14.9 time today, it wasnt legal cause i leaved the track. My fastest legal time was 1.15.122. I restartet the session and leaved after.
    But now my fail round + ghost is in the leaderboard.. Thats not funny ... :/

Not reading the event regulations is not funny =/
    System Spec: CPU: Intel Xeon 1231v3 | RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 | GPU: Gigabyte 970 4GB | DRIVE: Sandisk 120GB SSD | WD 1TB HDD | SYSTEM: Win10 64bit | INPUT: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP | OUTPUT: 1x ASUS MX279H + Logitech Z323
    Fidelity: Resolution: 1920x1080 | AA: DSx2 | AF: 16x |Reflections: High | Envmap Quality: High | Vehicle Details: Ultra | World Details: High | Shadow Details: High | else OFF | HDR Photographic

Download MikeyTT's MultiDisplay App here!!

In memoria di Marco Simoncelli #58

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor46 View Post
    Not reading the event regulations is not funny =/
    Harsh but true. The rules are laid out at the start of every round and it is every competitors responsibility to read them and follow them.

To be fair, though, 1m14.9 won't be a top-20 time anyway so not eligible for points.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //