Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sim Community support for project cars?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sisollazzo View Post
    Moderator and WMD member are for me people that belong to the company.
    If this is not the case, I apologise.
    They are not. They do not represent Slightly Mad Studios in the way their business is run nor projects they create/release. Moderators are obviously fans of pCARS since they are here and WMD members were early adopters of pCARS. However, neither are a face of SMS... they are both just fans in the end.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, ermo, Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sisollazzo View Post
    ...The point is that a simulation is not a normal game...
    Care to elaborate?
    Just because PCARS is a sim doesn'T mean it'S not a "normal" video game.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Umer Ahmad
    I'm am Blue, I am part of the company.

Orange/Yellow people (Moderators and WMD members respectively) are not part of the company.

(I was once Yellow -2011 , then Orange for some time -2013, now Blue -2016)

sisollazzo, the economic model you describe (support for many years) does not exist. Already so many players have moved on to other games. I think only iRacing has this "many years of support" model and it is because you cannot 'buy' iRacing, you can only subscribe to iRacing like a Television service.

If you see you relationship with these studios (SMS, Kunos ...) as more lengthy and over many games, then your "many years of support" for these studios producing close-but-not-exactly the game you want will get you the features you want in the end (my belief and what I have seen). It will not all happen in 1 game however.

Some reject this view: "I want X, Y, Z now" or maybe "you promised/advertised X, Y, Z...give it to me". It's their choice to have this view but I think it's going to be difficult to achieve. If you see these games as a portfolio or pipeline (project cars 1, project cars2, assetto corsa 1, AC2, etc.) then in time we will have more success.

The main problem is supply/demand. These racing games, especially simulators are in very low demand compared to shooting games for example. So there are only 3 (!) studios/teams making these games anymore. For console -- which is the majority of purchases -- I can only think of Codemasters, SMS and soon Kunos - I am ignoring the big guys Turn10/PD because they are console-specific but maybe we can include them, so 5 studios which is still nothing. So since there is not so much money/demand the studios must take more careful steps and longer time to reach all the items in our "wishlist".

Which will come first the supply or the demand? (Hint: there was a big unmet demand for smartphones when none were available, Apple/Steve Jobs saw it and made the "first"...THEN the supply came in the following years from LG/Samsung/Google. Yes, the new supply increased demand but first the demand was there before even 1 supply was available.)

I think the glory years for sims was in the past, maybe 10 years ago. I see Codies, SMS and Kunos (and 1-2 other companies) trying to ignite this again. As players we should support them so they can give us in the long-term the product/features we want. And I said this when I was yellow, when I was orange and again now when I am blue.

The choice is with the player in the end, buy or do not buy. Support or do not support.

(Although my color is now blue these are my opinions alone, not that of the SMS company.)

Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    sisollazzo, the economic model you describe (support for many years) does not exist. Already so many players have moved on to other games. I think only iRacing has this "many years of support" model and it is because you cannot 'buy' iRacing, you can only subscribe to iRacing like a Television service.

If you see you relationship with these studios (SMS, Kunos ...) as more lengthy and over many games, then your "many years of support" for these studios producing close-but-not-exactly the game you want will get you the features you want in the end (my belief and what I have seen). It will not all happen in 1 game however.
    If you extend the comparison to other sims, i.e. ETS2 (2012), ARMA (2013), Elite Dangerous (2014), etc., there are quite a few that are offering lengthy post-release support for a single game. How are they managing to do this? It may be true that a lot of players have moved on (forum numbers have literally been decimated, though SteamSpy player count looks to be more or less steady), but the dwindling content additions and updates surely contribute to that.

Honestly, for myself, there's more than enough content, but I'd really like to see quality of life updates and new features continue to be added to the game. The little time I have to play videogames lately has been taken over by games where I'm not fighting the menus, or carefully planning my experience to work around known bugs. I know those types of updates don't really bring in the cash, but it'd definitely get me back playing and re-invested were SMS to continue to release new, paid content for pCARS1.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 29-06-2016 at 18:29.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, R74NN

Umer Ahmad
    More than enough content for me too, but I'm atypical in that I really only play probably less than 10hours/month. So I still have a lot of cars to try (but I have run all the tracks)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, crowtrobot

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    More than enough content for me too, but I'm atypical in that I really only play probably less than 10hours/month. So I still have a lot of cars to try (but I have run all the tracks)
    Congrats on Blue status, I think I missed that one

What's Your job description ?
    Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real

CBM 64
    CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
    Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
    Graphics: VIC-II (320 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
    Sound: SID 6581 (3 Osc, 4 wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
    Overclocked a little to run pCARS
    The following user likes this Post: ermo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Honestly, for myself, there's more than enough content, but I'd really like to see quality of life updates and new features continue to be added to the game. The little time I have to play videogames lately has been taken over by games where I'm not fighting the menus, or carefully planning my experience to work around known bugs. I know those types of updates don't really bring in the cash, but it'd definitely get me back playing and re-invested were SMS to continue to release new, paid content for pCARS1.
    'quality of life updates' -- well put.

That's not to say that I'm blind to the efforts SMS have put in to make Project CARS as good as possible given the extant constraints. Far from it, in fact.

But to be honest, it also feels like we're beating a dead horse by now. I don't really expect a lot of changes from here on out, though I'm happy to be proved wrong of course!
    CPU R7 2700X | RAM 32GB DDR4-3000 | GFX 2x Vega 64 AC @ 35" 3440x1440 FreeSync | Controller G27 w/NIXIM mod | FFB INFORMATIVE Gain:100/Volume:30-35/Tone:50-60/FX:0-10 | OS Win10 Pro x64 | UTF-8 characters: ✓ ✔ ✗ ✘ ← ↑ → ↓

"We respond to well constructed criticism, good ideas which are properly described and thought through, and ideas that will benefit the whole community, not a vocal minority.

Do not repeat requests, be patient and polite, and have some confidence in our ongoing desire to improve the game for all users, which we have clearly and ably demonstrated in the past." -- Richard Steer, Slightly Mad Studios

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by ONT View Post
    Congrats on Blue status, I think I missed that one

What's Your job description ?
    Producer, which is basically a project manager. Planning, tracking, etc.

It's what i was already doing for the past 7-8 years so my skills were transferable. Just had to wait for the opportunity.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, logos, Machinaea, Mad LL, ONT