Thread: G29 Wheel - Game Pause when turning

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

G29 Wheel - Game Pause when turning

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a know and fixable bug but Google has let me down.

Whenever I turn my G29 left or right past a certain point (most noticeable on hairpins) the game pause menu opens. Clearly this is unworkable in a race and highly distracting. Any idea on a fix?

Randie

Platform
    PC
    A shot in the dark, but I know it has happened before...
    While turning the wheel that far, you did not touch the pause button by accident ?
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I do have many Friends with the G29 on PC, and no one has that Problem, that you described...
    So, try to map the Pause Button to an other Key, and see if it happen again...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    A shot in the dark, but I know it has happened before...
    While turning the wheel that far, you did not touch the pause button by accident ?
    Hi,

No I thought this might be the case but have discounted it.

Platform
    PC
    If you un-map the buttons to do nothing, does it still happen?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    It's a known problem, it's the flimsy wires that run to the connector block fail and cause all sorts of button presses, some guy modded it with heavier gauge wire and a new connector block, if it's under warranty take it back.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: DerrellBiffle, Invincible, Silraed

Platform
    PC
    As Charger says it is to do with the wires and the connectors, whether they are stretched too tight or just low quality and bad quality control I don't think anybody knows. It is valid grounds for a warranty replacement however so I would recommend going through that as well.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yep, I agree with the guys above, I had this issue with mine and returned it after 4 months, is a big problem, I didn't go for a replacement, went for the t500 instead.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Randie View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is a know and fixable bug but Google has let me down.

Whenever I turn my G29 left or right past a certain point (most noticeable on hairpins) the game pause menu opens. Clearly this is unworkable in a race and highly distracting. Any idea on a fix?

Randie
    This is a known problem with the G29 and G920 wheels. The main harness / wire connector that hooks up to the wheel (from the main body) is getting stressed and causes some of the wires / crimp to break. There was a long thread about this on the Logitech Forum but it seems Logitech recently upgraded to new forum software so it got deleted.

Contact Logitech and they will replace the wheel, the next time you get a wheel, you might want to tug on the cable leading from the body see if you can give it some more slack - some people have been hot glue-gunning the wires on the connector to reinforce it.

If you can still return your wheel, might want to do it and get something else. It'll eventually break.

Aftermarket needs to sell some parts for the G29 / G920.. The C-clamps for one breaks for some people, there's also a market for for an extension wiring harness with better wires to fix the problem you are running into - Logitech's approach is just to replace the wheel which basically means it'll break again (and not fixing the root cause).
    Last edited by funks; 15-08-2016 at 00:32.