Thread: Is "Digital Edition" still worth buying?

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Is "Digital Edition" still worth buying?

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I wanto to try this game and I'd like to save 20 choosing the Digital Edition instead of the GOTY because I'm not so interested in having so much cars and contents.

But I've read that the GOTY also has a lot of patches that correct some bugs the game has always had.
    Now, are these patches and "corrections" available in the Digital Edition also?

Is esentially the same game, is the difference just about cars and tracks? For example, can people with the "digital/standard edition" play against people with the "goty" edition in multiplayer?

I hope so...Thanks in advance!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The patches come automatically with every version as far as i know...it's like any game you buy afterwards on Ps4, you get every patch available with it...
    As far as MP is concerned,i never play that but i'm sure someone who does will let you know...

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    yes, I definitely think you're right. and about the multiplayer, c'mon, would be so stupid to restrict the potential users for online gaming splitting them in two "twins but not compatible" games.

but I'd like to have a confirm, anyway...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Oh...i misunderstood...i thought you meant racing with cars you don't own yourself...i think there is no problem playing online when you own another version of the game...
    Can anyone confirm this please?
    The following user likes this Post: LorisEndangered

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Digital Edition and GOTY can play together online no Problem...

You can also drive on DLC Tracks Online that you don't own...(But only if the Host is actually using a DLC Track...

You wil also see DLC Cars Online, but you can't choose them if you didnt bought them...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan, LorisEndangered

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Digital Edition and GOTY can play together online no Problem...

You can also drive on DLC Tracks Online that you don't own...(But only if the Host is actually using a DLC Track...

You wil also see DLC Cars Online, but you can't choose them if you didnt bought them...
    Thanks mate
    The following user likes this Post: LorisEndangered