Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite

Platform
    PC

Fanatec CSL Elite

Got the new CSL Elite kit + Formula Black rim. Love it!
    Got it all setup in pCARS.

Wondering if someone could share their CSW v1 or v2 settings as a general starting point to fine tune the CSL.

In-game settings and wheel tuning settings would be great.

Cheers.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PC
    Try these. It says PS4, but my settings translated from console (PS4) to PC with only very minor adjustments, so they should provide a good starting point.

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/ps4-12
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Definitely interested in what you find works for you. Both in the Fanatec properties page and wheel settings. Oh and in PCARS as well. Please post up when you do.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys
    This is a first for me hopping some one can help
    I've just got my new fanatec csl wheel I've done the firmware update but I'm getting lots of clipping even at a low ffb setting and also the feel of the ffb is awful, it's as you cant really feel the tyres on the Tarmac , it's also feel like this on asseto corsa, I'm not sure what I can do to solve this, is there a way to go back to original firmware to see if it's that or does anyone have any other ideas, would much appreciate any help with this many thanks
    Jake

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    Hi guys
    I've just got my new fanatec csl wheel I've done the firmware update but I'm getting lots of clipping even at a low ffb setting and also the feel of the ffb is awful, it's as you cant really feel the tyres on the Tarmac , it's also feel like this on asseto corsa, I'm not sure what I can do to solve this, is there a way to go back to original firmware to see if it's that or does anyone have any other ideas, would much appreciate any help with this many thanks
    Jake
    Be sure to set Steering Gain to 1. It probably default to something higher witch will cause clipping in too many situations.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    Hi guys
    Jake
    If you want to try a previous firmware version, you can download it from the Fanatec support page and install it.

Regarding the clipping. I don't know about the CSL, but even with the V2, you have to balance out the forces. If you want FF/TF at 100/100, you're going to have to lower SG, use Soft Clipping, or clamp it down with RA settings. But the default settings clip hard, even on the V2. I think I'm running FF/TF at 100/80 or 100/75 right now with RA/RAC at 1.0/.85. Again, I'm using the V2, but that might be a starting point.
    Last edited by Haiden; 27-07-2017 at 14:31.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

csl

Cheers for the reply pal
    Ive tried. These settings with no difference, I've tried lowering the tf down to 25 and still this horrible rumble through the corners