Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiplayer comparison to assetto corsa?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

multiplayer comparison to assetto corsa?

For those who have both, how would you compare the multiplayer in terms of race availability and diversity, and how clean the driving is. Eg in assetto corsa there are mino-rated servers which automatically ban the wreckers, is there anything similar in project cars? Any stats based servers or anything resembling an Iracing type system?

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynn View Post
    For those who have both, how would you compare the multiplayer in terms of race availability and diversity, and how clean the driving is. Eg in assetto corsa there are mino-rated servers which automatically ban the wreckers, is there anything similar in project cars? Any stats based servers or anything resembling an Iracing type system?
    The MP aspect consists of 2 aspects really :-

1. Public lobbies, which are pretty much a free-for-all. It is possible to kick players from the lobby if they are causing a nuisance but it's a manual process
    2. Private lobbies, which are password protected. You'll tend to find groups of friends and/or leagues generally run private lobbies as it allows them to keep control of who can enter.

There are no stats-based servers (or stats recorded at all) in pCARS1.

EDIT : Not every public lobby is going to be a wreck-fest though, but there is no control of who can enter or leave so there is always going to be a risk of somebody being a bit of a prat .

EDIT : Also, the above applies to a vanilla setup of Project CARS. There are (were?) some servers running something called autostew and hamsterstew (which is based on autostew), which tracks driving performance or some such but I've never used it to know how it worked, I just read about it in passing on here.
    Last edited by cluck; 16-11-2016 at 12:07.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i9-9900K w/Noctua NH-D15 Black cooler // MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Cluck, and in terms of track/car diversity do the servers run a track rotation or is there also a plague of 'GT3's on Spa and that's all there is' type syndrome?

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Depends on the hosts. GT3 is by far the most common car class but there are usually other lobbies up running various vehicles. If you want real variety, your best bet is to create your own lobby but don't be surprised if people don't join it - for some, there might as well be nothing but GT3 cars in the game.

I race with a league (RevolutionSimRacing) and it's pretty much a different car and different track every race. The fun night, last night, for example started with the Caterham SP300R at Circuit de Catalunya National, moving on to the Megane V6 Trophy at Hockenheim National, at which point I left to get some food.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i9-9900K w/Noctua NH-D15 Black cooler // MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    great thanks, gonna keep a watch on for when PC comes on sale.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynn View Post
    great thanks, gonna keep a watch on for when PC comes on sale.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/proje...i9RhoCGfLw_wcB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL32DE2/

or ask Father Christmas......
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: cluck

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    mm, not bad at all.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Depends on the hosts. GT3 is by far the most common car class but there are usually other lobbies up running various vehicles. If you want real variety, your best bet is to create your own lobby but don't be surprised if people don't join it - for some, there might as well be nothing but GT3 cars in the game.

I race with a league (RevolutionSimRacing) and it's pretty much a different car and different track every race. The fun night, last night, for example started with the Caterham SP300R at Circuit de Catalunya National, moving on to the Megane V6 Trophy at Hockenheim National, at which point I left to get some food.
    You missed out on the best race Cluck - BAC Mono at Oulton Park Fosters was epic fun
    5900X / 2080TI / 32GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 2 / Dell U3415W / Simlab GT1 Evo / Oculus Rift S / Valve Index / Fanatec DD1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / SQ v1.5 Shifter
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post

Yeah, it saddens me a little that most people run GT3 online. That's not even 10% of what this game has to offer.

Then again, if you run some classes like GT4, all you'll get are Ginettas, because they handily outperform the competition... Fair, because everyone wants a shot at winning and using something like the Mustang (which isn't even a bad car at all but can't keep up with the Ginetta) is just asking for a handicap, but boring all the same.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Looking at the difference between GOTY edition and standard, are a lot of MP servers using DLC that i then won't be able to join if I buy standard edition? Does the DLC also include extra single player career opportunities or is it kind of like 'here's some new cars, go do a quick race or something if you want'. (as assetto corsa does)