Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: [Resolved] Cannot connect online

  1. #11
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Capital Federal
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Speaking as someone who troubleshoots this kind of thing for a living, this doesn't seem like a problem with his network. It sounds like pCARS is blocking I/O on the network interface. This is obviously not the intended method of operation.

    The only thing I can think of is to try changing your UDP setting. From the ProjectCARS main menu:

    - Go to Options & Settings
    - Go to Gameplay
    - Scroll to the bottom
    - Set UDP to "off"

    If that doesn't fix it, you've probably got corrupted game files, which is causing the netcode to break, resulting in blocking network I/O. The only option will be to delete the game files and reinstall. Note that you can do this separately from your save data.
    I will try turning off the UDP.
    I already deleted the game and all the saves, reinstall it, downloaded the latest update and try it again, but the issue continues. So will try to turn off UDP. Thanks

  2. #12
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,183
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Nightrider77 View Post
    I will try turning off the UDP.
    I already deleted the game and all the saves, reinstall it, downloaded the latest update and try it again, but the issue continues. So will try to turn off UDP. Thanks
    Interesting. I'm really interested to hear the outcome of the UDP setting change.

    When you start ProjectCARS and your PS4 goes offline, is any of your other computer network affected? For example, can you still browse the internet through any other devices that are connected via ethernet? Separately, is WiFi affected?
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

  3. #13
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Capital Federal
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Interesting. I'm really interested to hear the outcome of the UDP setting change.

    When you start ProjectCARS and your PS4 goes offline, is any of your other computer network affected? For example, can you still browse the internet through any other devices that are connected via ethernet? Separately, is WiFi affected?
    Not, all other devices are not affected. I can still browse with my smartphone or ipad or other computer

  4. #14
    WMD Member Mahjik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,864
    Platform
    PC
    UDP is a good thought. A lot of home routers shut down flooding which it could perceive the UDP packets (i.e. if it's a smart router, it would only target the source the flood so it wouldn't affect anything other than the PS4).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset


    Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

  5. #15
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,183
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    UDP is a good thought. A lot of home routers shut down flooding which it could perceive the UDP packets (i.e. if it's a smart router, it would only target the source the flood so it wouldn't affect anything other than the PS4).
    ^^ This is precisely what I was thinking. Home routing equipment (unsophisticated) might interpret UDP broadcast as an attack (like ARP flood). Many switches/routers will "shut" the port when this is detected.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

  6. #16
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Capital Federal
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    ^^ This is precisely what I was thinking. Home routing equipment (unsophisticated) might interpret UDP broadcast as an attack (like ARP flood). Many switches/routers will "shut" the port when this is detected.
    Hi everyone. I turned off the UPD and works! Thank you very much everyone for your help!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Sankyo


  7. #17
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Nightrider77 View Post
    Hi everyone. I turned off the UPD and works! Thank you very much everyone for your help!
    I’ve been having the same issue. UPD is set to Off but still the same issue. It disconnects pretty much as soon as I enter Community Events. So annoying!

    Update 28th Feb: Just heard that the PSN is down on quite a few games at the moment. Has been for a couple of days now.
    Last edited by UKHarvey75; 28-02-2021 at 19:10.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't connect mad catz to pc.
    By Pool986 in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-03-2021, 19:26
  2. [RESOLVED] game crashing when going into online lobby list
    By Sledgar in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-07-2016, 19:20
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-05-2016, 09:23
  4. Fanatec CSR won't connect to PS4
    By elie774 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 00:55
  5. [RESOLVED] PC - Issues to play online
    By rafaelbezerra in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 13:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •