Thread: Duplicate I.P.

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Duplicate I.P.

I've been in online sessions where I'm the host and a annoying racer will join only to ruin the game. He'll sit at the sidelines waiting for a victim only to curb onto his path, or, run straight into his rear when approaching a turn. I've watched and experienced this myself. If I'm the host I've kicked him out only to have him return as a different name. If we could see this gamer is returning with a different name but same I.P. address, we could continue kicking him out or just restrict his I.P. from entering. We don't need to know his private I.P. but do need to know if its a recurring I.P. address. Any Thoughts?

Platform
    PC
    Do you have the ability to run the dedicated server via Steam - Tools? I think it has that option for you.

You can also PM any moderator the SteamID (the one that doesn't change) of someone who only plays to ruin online sessions along with any recorded evidence.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not looking to complicate my gameplay. Is it possible to add a function where a host can see if the disrupter returns with a different name but same I.P.?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    Do you have the ability to run the dedicated server via Steam - Tools? I think it has that option for you.

You can also PM any moderator the SteamID (the one that doesn't change) of someone who only plays to ruin online sessions along with any recorded evidence.
    Playing on your own dedicated server ain't a good idea as latency obviously raises big time. If you want to run your own sesion and play in it then you have to make it the normal crap p2p way

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Saloei View Post
    I'm not looking to complicate my gameplay. Is it possible to add a function where a host can see if the disrupter returns with a different name but same I.P.?
    The short answer: no.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    The short answer: no.
    Sorry but I posted this in the wrong forum. It should've been for PCars2.

Platform
    PC
    Thread moved.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think