Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Project Cars 2: Possible future endurance championship?

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PC

    Project Cars 2: Possible future endurance championship?

    What do you all think of the idea of simulating possible future endurance races once PC2 comes out? For example, a Le Mans 24 Hours race with LMP1, LMP2, and GTE cars, or a Nurburgring 24 Hour race with GT3 and GT4 cars?

    The tracks and cars will be there. And the scoring system could be set up as to just taking a screenshot of the finishing times per stint and calculate them to a total. Best time wins!

    I know I used to do 24 hour races on FM on the Xbox One (4 drivers per car of course). We used to do two hour stints until finish. It was lots of fun.

    If anyone's interested in something like this, feel free to PM me. I'm up for organizing such a series. Cheers!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, Dakpilot, KANETAKER, OddTimer, Scuderia Paul


  2. #2
    WMD Member GenBrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Posts
    587
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    A bit OT but I hope that they put the glowing beaking markers @ LeMans because in Pcars1 it was quite difficukt at night to have good braking reference
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FS7, hkraft300


  3. #3
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Skara
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PC
    I hope they make it possible to run on servers with teams of players so you can drive with friends for a team, changing out drivers etc in real time for the full 12/24 hours with proper scoring and vehicle damage simulation maybe some management in the pit for vehicle setup and strategy, would be really cool thing, not sure if many would try and do it though

    Could even do it with a bot or 3 on team if you don't happen to have insane friends
    Last edited by Holi; 14-04-2017 at 02:57. Reason: Further extrapolation
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  4. #4
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    9,076
    Platform
    PS4
    I know of 1 league that will definitely use the MP Co-driver feature and run 6-12-24 hour races. Big endurance fans.
    I'd love that feature. I would definitely be monitoring, setting pit strategy and acting race engineer til it's time for driver swap.
    Not sure if it's made the cut, though. Nothing been confirmed about it on the official site or the GTplanet Q&A thread.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  5. #5
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I know of 1 league that will definitely use the MP Co-driver feature and run 6-12-24 hour races. Big endurance fans.
    I'd love that feature. I would definitely be monitoring, setting pit strategy and acting race engineer til it's time for driver swap.
    Not sure if it's made the cut, though. Nothing been confirmed about it on the official site or the GTplanet Q&A thread.
    that would be awsome and even better if they had those races on single player with the option to save the race and start back up later like the 24 hours of le mans game on ps2 did
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-10700K cpu @ 5.1GHz, Ram:32GB 64 bit operating system, MSI Nvidia 3070TI Suprim X, MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Gaming Motherboard, EVGA Supernova 1000 G6, 80 Plus Gold 1000W power supply
    The following user likes this Post: Zpectre87


  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    425
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    that would be awsome and even better if they had those races on single player with the option to save the race and start back up later like the 24 hours of le mans game on ps2 did
    Honestly, I can't understand why SMS didn't put race saves in the first pCARS... Both GTL and GTR2 had them, and it was one of the best features of those games.

    I mean, if they wanted to prevent people from savescumming, that's fine, but how's that different from moving the AI slide to zero for the problematic events?
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

  7. #7
    WMD Member Mahjik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,056
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpectre87 View Post
    Honestly, I can't understand why SMS didn't put race saves in the first pCARS... Both GTL and GTR2 had them, and it was one of the best features of those games.

    I mean, if they wanted to prevent people from savescumming, that's fine, but how's that different from moving the AI slide to zero for the problematic events?
    It's called budget...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset


    Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

  8. #8
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    9,076
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It's called budget...
    Mid-race saves confirmed!*

    No excuses now the Wookie is ballin with that pcars1 stash...

    *joking
    Last edited by hkraft300; 02-05-2017 at 21:44.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  9. #9
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PC
    I mean, I did a three hour at Silverstone last year in PC1. It shouldn't be hard to do a 6, 12, or 24 race. It just requires more than one person to organize the whole thing haha.

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    170
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkart View Post
    I mean, I did a three hour at Silverstone last year in PC1. It shouldn't be hard to do a 6, 12, or 24 race. It just requires more than one person to organize the whole thing haha.
    I never race endurance in PC1 cause of the lack of mid-race saves. I don't have anybody to rotate so the save option is the only way for me to get real endurance feeling in single player. Great to hear about, that PC2 includes this feature.

Similar Threads

  1. Global Sim Racing: LMP3 Championship, DTM, Endurance Championship
    By Global Sim Racing in forum XB1 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 18-04-2017, 22:48
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-03-2016, 19:29
  3. Future of Project cars?
    By blk95cars in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 05:58
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 21:10
  5. Project Cars Endurance Race PS4
    By Skilltacular1988 in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-05-2015, 21:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •