Thread: What the .... just happened? (career race messed up)

Platform
    XBOX1 X

What the .... just happened? (career race messed up)

I was just doing the Tri-Nations 1000 LMP Endurance championship opening race in Road America for the SECOND time since the previous time I thought my AI co-driver messed up badly. I've put it to the minimum amount of laps (=15) and quite easy difficulty to go through career a bit faster since I still have a lot of races and invitationals to do. I'm playing on XBox One in case it matters.

This was the contract for the team driving the LMP2 RWD car in a pack of LMP1 & LMP2 cars.

Yesterday I started the race and after some 7 or 8 laps I pitted from the leading position in LMP2 and let the AI driver take over after a pitstop. He came back on track 4th in LMP2 class. I didn't watch the race to the end (doing other real life things while Mister Bob AI does his part of racing) but when the race was over I saw he finished 13th out of 14th. Wtf did he mess up so bad? I thought he probably pitted way too much since Mister Bob always enjoys the pits way too much.

Then today I redid that race (since I want to win the championship) and after 8 laps I pitted from the leading position in LMP2, I changed tires (but stayed on the wheel) and came back on track again as 4th in LMP2 class. The last 5-6 laps were quite interesting as I needed my fair share of concentration and focus to get back to 1st in LMP2. That happened a few laps from the end. While I was on the 15th lap I suddenly noticed that I am not 1st out of 14 LMP2 cars anymore but all the sudden 13th out of 14th. I mean what the ....? I quit the race, will have to restart it AGAIN for the 3rd time but this is getting really annoying. I went to check if penalties and flags were switched off under options and indeed, it was off.

It is as if one of my laps didn't count or something? For sure I was not passed by any AI driver anymore. I never pitted a second time either, I have spun out a couple of times but surely that can't be the reason I missed an entire lap?

Or is there a bug with this race that the AI drivers at some point all get a lap counted for double when they cross the line? It feels more this way to be honest since I could swear I was still 1/14 on the 14th lap and then 13/14 halfway the 15th lap.

Very annoying for sure.

Anyone has any idea what's been going on here? I did so many races already in career and I never saw this happen.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Then today I redid that race (since I want to win the championship) and after 8 laps I pitted from the leading position in LMP2, I changed tires (but stayed on the wheel) and came back on track again as 4th in LMP2 class. The last 5-6 laps were quite interesting as I needed my fair share of concentration and focus to get back to 1st in LMP2. That happened a few laps from the end. While I was on the 15th lap I suddenly noticed that I am not 1st out of 14 LMP2 cars anymore but all the sudden 13th out of 14th. I mean what the ....? I quit the race, will have to restart it AGAIN for the 3rd time but this is getting really annoying. I went to check if penalties and flags were switched off under options and indeed, it was off.

It is as if one of my laps didn't count or something? For sure I was not passed by any AI driver anymore. I never pitted a second time either, I have spun out a couple of times but surely that can't be the reason I missed an entire lap?

Or is there a bug with this race that the AI drivers at some point all get a lap counted for double when they cross the line? It feels more this way to be honest since I could swear I was still 1/14 on the 14th lap and then 13/14 halfway the 15th lap.
    Did you actually cross the finish line and completed the race or did you quit before finishing the last lap? Iirc there's a bug with lapped cars, their positions get messed up when the overall leader finishes the race but positions revert back to normal after you complete the race, if you're leading in your class and you completed the race positions should had been correct.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dresden, hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Did you actually cross the finish line and completed the race or did you quit before finishing the last lap? Iirc there's a bug with lapped cars, their positions get messed up when the overall leader finishes the race but positions revert back to normal after you complete the race, if you're leading in your class and you completed the race positions should had been correct.
    Aah crap, yeah I had half a lap left to go and quit the race out of frustration. Lol. I did check the scoreboard on the pause menu though and there I was 29/30 overall so it was not just a display bug on the 13/14 in LMP2 class. It was indeed possible that the LMP1 leader just crossed the finish line.

Will give the race another go, if I see anything suspicious I'll cap a video of it. Thanks for the info!

edit - its indeed a display bug during the final lap. not sure what is going on but you see your position dropping from 1/14 to 10/14 one by one (in this third attempt) without any car passing you. Spooky stuff indeed, I hope this gets fixed for PC2.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 01-05-2017 at 18:46.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Dresden