Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Behvior

Platform
    PC

Question AI Behvior

Sorry for this annoying question, but as a fan of the game that will buy the PCars 2 and all DLCs, i feel free to ask....

This will be fixed in PCars 2???

https://youtu.be/8BgtZTmiqis

https://youtu.be/8BgtZTmiqis

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    No we thought that we would leave it like that

Seriously though, the AI is going to be so much better.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 6 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, Leper Messiah, Olijke Poffer, proterra1, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    Hi Roger....just to add a few thoughts as I've plowed through the career recently. Has the new Ai got blue flag behaviour this time, got a bit narked when GT4s would try to block as I passed them in my LMP2. Also the Ai often did last second kamikaze overtakes as I tried to pass 2 cars (the middle car leaving it to the last second, more or less just as I was inches from passing). Although I'm not 100% sure if that was the ai trying to overtake the car in front or a last second block.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Hi Roger....just to add a few thoughts as I've plowed through the career recently. Has the new Ai got blue flag behaviour this time, got a bit narked when GT4s would try to block as I passed them in my LMP2. Also the Ai often did last second kamikaze overtakes as I tried to pass 2 cars (the middle car leaving it to the last second, more or less just as I was inches from passing). Although I'm not 100% sure if that was the ai trying to overtake the car in front or a last second block.
    Yes I'm going through PC1 career at the moment as well. Tbh the AI in the game (on easy difficulty) is quite horrible. They zigzag in braking zones way too much, they overtake on the grass (as seen in the video above), they indeed don't go out of the way when lapped, if you let the AI driver take over during endurance races with changing weather conditions they pit like mad, and AI opponents don't seem to suffer from weather effects at all. I did a 3 lap race in Monza today on one of the classic Lotus formula cars where it started raining halfway the first lap. I pitted to go to rain tires but the AI was just staying on slicks driving faster on them in heavy rain weather and a soaking wet track compared to how I was driving on the full wets...

If AI in PC2 is going to be "much better" I would say it's also "much needed".
    Last edited by breyzipp; 07-05-2017 at 21:22.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickRosa View Post
    Some might say that's the literal meaning of overtake, going over the grass and taking another driver's position.
    Seriously though, I hope that's improved in PCars2, AI corner cutting is a serious issue in PCars1.

Platform
    PC
    Gents, there will be more on the AI as things move during the summer. There are still a lot of things in flight at the moment.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, Leper Messiah, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Yes I'm going through PC1 career at the moment as well. Tbh the AI in the game (on easy difficulty) is quite horrible. They zigzag in braking zones way too much, they overtake on the grass (as seen in the video above), they indeed don't go out of the way when lapped, if you let the AI driver take over during endurance races with changing weather conditions they pit like mad, and AI opponents don't seem to suffer from weather effects at all. I did a 3 lap race in Monza today on one of the classic Lotus formula cars where it started raining halfway the first lap. I pitted to go to rain tires but the AI was just staying on slicks driving faster on them in heavy rain weather and a soaking wet track compared to how I was driving on the full wets...

If AI in PC2 is going to be "much better" I would say it's also "much needed".
    Regarding the bit I emboldened..... whereas it is an issue that the Ai isn't affected as much as the player, I like to imagine the Ai has all made a better tyre choice than me and are on the appropriate tyres for the changing conditions. Also I will often start a race on inters or wets (depends on car of course, some wets are durable in dry some are not) even if it's dry when the forecast says rain (or I know it rains because of scripted weather..booh!). But thinking about the complexity of tyre choice in real racing and how teams with MEGA budgets (looking at you Yamaha in Jerez) get it wrong....how can a game with limited resources for Ai even hope to replicate reality?!

but yeah some tidying up and aggression adjuster would be awesome and I think that's what we're getting.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for all you explanations!
    E feel that PCars 2 wil come to make our virtual racing days much better! I trust in programmers team to develop a brilhant simulator!

Thnaks again..

Platform
    PC
    Just one more question:

Should we expect some diference betwen AI from a computer and PS4 platform due to processing power? As well as car physics???

Patrick

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickRosa View Post
    Should we expect some diference betwen AI from a computer and PS4 platform due to processing power? As well as car physics???
    Nope.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips