Thread: Wheel Sales?

Platform
    PC

Wheel Sales?

Will Fanatec or Thrustmaster have a sale right before a major title launch like PC2? A bundle or 2, or maybe a good discount on a base? I'm looking to upgrade from my g29 when PC2 drops, so I'm just wondering when is the best time for a deal...

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Wait for the 'Black Friday' deals maybe.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    There hasn't been any partnerships announced for something like that to happen. However, I would wager that most of the sim hardware manufactures are more than aware of PC2 coming and will likely time some deals around release time. When PC1 was released, Thrustmaster sold out of just about everything.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Wait for the 'Black Friday' deals maybe.
    That's the fallback plan. I just hope if something is announced close to release date, it won't be sold out in a short time (like Mahjik referred to).
    Also, I would like to snag a new wheel sooner than later. I moved to PC last fall from PS4 after the PSVR fiasco. When I was still on PS4 I bought DirtRally, but within about 3-4 weeks my G29 was broken. I strongly suspect it was due to DR's violent nature...
    I ended up getting a replacement G29 under warranty. It's been okay, I do wish for something better than an entry level wheel now that I've gotten 2 years of sim racing under my belt.
    Anyways, there was a Steam sale last weekend, and I got DirtRally for PC now. So I'm in a bit of a bind... do I get into DR again and risk breaking my weakling wheel? I guess I could turn down the FFB and not have much feedback, but that's not my preferred choice.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    There hasn't been any partnerships announced for something like that to happen. However, I would wager that most of the sim hardware manufactures are more than aware of PC2 coming and will likely time some deals around release time. When PC1 was released, Thrustmaster sold out of just about everything.
    Yeah, I remember that. TM had great price on their wheels but all out of stock so I had to pay full price for my wheel a month later
    PS5
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia X900H
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2 *PCars 2 have been sold because of no PSVR support