Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 : FOV Settings

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Project CARS 2 : FOV Settings

Hello everyone,

I play with PCARS 1 with a FOV of 120 degrees (maximum in the cockpit view) and I have questions about the FOV in PCARS 2 :

- Will the FOV in the helmet view be above 80 degrees (My favourite view, but I play in cockpit view because the FOV...) ? I was disappointed that the PCARS 1 FOV in helmet view does not exceed 80 degrees
    - What will be the maximum FOV in PCARS 2 in cockpit view and in helmet view ? I especially hope that the field of view in the helmet cam can be around 120 degrees !
    Thanks ! I can't wait !!!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Wouldn't make sense to have a higher fov than the one set in helmet view since it tries to simulate precisely you and your head position.

120 FOV cockpit is a totally wrong choice. You should try lower that number by at the very least thirty marks. Forty to fifty recommended though from your insane 120.

Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    Wouldn't make sense to have a higher fov than the one set in helmet view since it tries to simulate precisely you and your head position.

120 FOV cockpit is a totally wrong choice. You should try lower that number by at the very least thirty marks. Forty to fifty recommended though from your insane 120.
    Every think to ask, are you using triple screens...

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    All right, but it does not answer my question, I don't have triple screen at this moment so I play with a huge FOV

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Every think to ask, are you using triple screens...
    do it then

Quote Originally Posted by Aile_Bleue View Post
    All right, but it does not answer my question
    I know, but no info on higher fov for helmet view yet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ok no problem thank you But I will buy triple screen it's better I think !

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Just wait if any WMD member who plays a pc2 build can answer your question. They and devs are the only ones who can right now.

I know silence gives consent, like every dev and/or testers do too when they face questions they don't like (the important ones always), but perhaps they still haven't seen this thread yet and that's just is why you still haven't got an answer, specially regarding quite a simple fair concern of yours which should not spoil anything pc2 related or mean the end of the world if the answer is no

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aile_Bleue View Post
    Hello everyone,

I play with PCARS 1 with a FOV of 120 degrees (maximum in the cockpit view) and I have questions about the FOV in PCARS 2 :

- Will the FOV in the helmet view be above 80 degrees (My favourite view, but I play in cockpit view because the FOV...) ? I was disappointed that the PCARS 1 FOV in helmet view does not exceed 80 degrees
    - What will be the maximum FOV in PCARS 2 in cockpit view and in helmet view ? I especially hope that the field of view in the helmet cam can be around 120 degrees !
    Thanks ! I can't wait !!!
    I just tried cockpit fov at 120. I play on a 60" screen. Can I ask why you like to play using such a high fov? It feels like I'm looking through the other end of a binocular trying to drive a car, with my arms being ten feet long.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, hkraft300, Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I say leave it alone nothing really wrong with it maybe make it more simple two sliders. And if you drive with ten feet arms your like 10 seconds slower lol. If your drive closer "NORMAL VIEW" you will have more control than trying too catch a loose car from the back seat lol, Could be fun but i don't suggest it . CATCH A SLIDE FROM THE BACK SEAT CAN'T DO THAT .
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Better driving precision, and test it : If you put your finger on your right, you see it, so you see at 150