Thread: Fanatec options and PCars2, system and wheel choice dilemma, help needed.

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Fanatec options and PCars2, system and wheel choice dilemma, help needed.

I am in sort of a dilemma and from my research a little unclear on the route I should be taking.

Currently I game on an Xbox One S and play Project Cars, Forza 6, Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 using a Thrustmaster TX wheel.

From my understanding, Pcars actually plays better with a wheel on a PS4 then it does on the Xbox One due to better wheel support on the PS4.(from what I have read on this forum)

I also have a PS4. I plan on buying a PS4 Pro and also an Xbox One X and am shopping for a Fanatec wheel.

I am in the US. I see Fanatec offers a PS4 compatible wheel but only for Euro customers at the moment. It also looks like that wheel will also be compatible with XB1 and XB1X. However it looks like it is a CSL Elite wheel base and not a clubsport, not sure if that will be a big deal or not.

So do I wait it out to see if the PS4 wheel comes to the US and purchase Pcars2 for PS4 and will also be getting GT Sport?

Or do I purchase a Clubsport for the XB1/XB1X and PCars 2 for that system? I understand it is too early to tell how the XB1X will do with wheels since there is no data on it from what I can see. I am trying to avoid purchasing 2 wheels. PC gaming is not an option at the moment.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I am in sort of a dilemma and from my research a little unclear on the route I should be taking.

Currently I game on an Xbox One S and play Project Cars, Forza 6, Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 using a Thrustmaster TX wheel.

From my understanding, Pcars actually plays better with a wheel on a PS4 then it does on the Xbox One due to better wheel support on the PS4.(from what I have read on this forum)

I also have a PS4. I plan on buying a PS4 Pro and also an Xbox One X and am shopping for a Fanatec wheel.

I am in the US. I see Fanatec offers a PS4 compatible wheel but only for Euro customers at the moment. It also looks like that wheel will also be compatible with XB1 and XB1X. However it looks like it is a CSL Elite wheel base and not a clubsport, not sure if that will be a big deal or not.

So do I wait it out to see if the PS4 wheel comes to the US and purchase Pcars2 for PS4 and will also be getting GT Sport?

Or do I purchase a Clubsport for the XB1/XB1X and PCars 2 for that system? I understand it is too early to tell how the XB1X will do with wheels since there is no data on it from what I can see. I am trying to avoid purchasing 2 wheels. PC gaming is not an option at the moment.
    Relax a bit and see what is what before you drive yourself crazy on what to buy before you know what the options will be !!

Platform
    PS4
    The Elite is PS4 compatible and I believe it's going through the red tape right now for release in the US market.
    That said, would the Fanatec ps4 wheels stay compatible with ps5?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    PC gaming is not an option at the moment.
    But apparently you can afford to buy two consoles for the combined cost of $1,000, one of which has it's games on PC, yet can't afford a PC?

How exactly does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Knowing Sony, they'd probably tell you to piss off and buy a new wheel.
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 18-06-2017 at 13:45.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    But apparently you can afford to buy two consoles for the combined cost of $1,000, one of which has it's games on PC, yet can't afford a PC?

How exactly does this make sense?
    Well now we are jumping to conclusions. I never said I cannot afford a PC. I just said PC is not an option. I have no desire to build a gaming PC to play 1 maybe 2 games on. I would rather do all my gaming on consoles.

Platform
    PC
    Well now we are jumping to conclusions. I never said I cannot afford a PC. I just said PC is not an option. I have no desire to build a gaming PC to play 1 maybe 2 games on. I would rather do all my gaming on consoles.
    What would you get from the consoles that the PC can't give you? (Other than Sony's "meh" exclusives?)
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal1000 View Post
    Relax a bit and see what is what before you drive yourself crazy on what to buy before you know what the options will be !!
    True, I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row first. I will be buying Pcars2 on release day but that is obviously before Xbox1 X is released also. I guess I will wait to see when this US wheel comes out for the PS4 and make my decision then.

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    The Elite is PS4 compatible and I believe it's going through the red tape right now for release in the US market.
    That is good news. Hopefully it happens soon so it can make my decision easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    What would you get from the consoles that the PC can't give you? (Other than Sony's "meh" exclusives?)
    For me personally, the ease of use, setup and the "plug and play" factor of a console. I fully understand a PC is better in all ways as far as performance, graphics etc etc. However, I game in 1 of 2 rooms in my home. I do most of my gaming in a basement theater room. To adapt a PC to my setup would be quite a bit of work and to me, more of a hassle then what it is worth. I thought about it, but for the amount I would actually use the PC for gaming, it just wouldn't be worth the effort to me. PLus some of the challenges with buying/building a PC, it would just be more of a hassle in the end.

I also game in my upstairs living room. I have 2 Xbox Ones. The nice thing is, I can be gaming in my basement then decide I want to switch to my upstairs room. I turn that system on, it signs in to my account and I can start playing again there since all my games are downloaded to the system. It is just easier and more convenient for me that way. All of my wheel racing games, I do in my basement. I wouldn't lug my wheel setup up and downstairs all the time lol.

Lastly, all of my friends that I casually play with all game on consoles.

So, if I did build a PC, it would end up being a dedicated Pcars system and that is all. That would probably be the only game I would actually use on a PC. Trust me I thought about it.