Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you able save during a race?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Will you able save during a race?

Will you able to save during a race?

I say this as would love to an endurance race but sadly life gets in the way.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Unfortunately not��

Platform
    PC
    To add: the complexity of pCARS2's physics model makes it very difficult to do this.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, Mowzer, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Well that's a colossal disappointment. The main thing I was looking forward to was being able to do endurance races.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    I can't imagine how large a save file would have to be to incorporate a full race worth of livetrack 3.0 data.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Well that's a colossal disappointment. The main thing I was looking forward to was being able to do endurance races.
    As good as PC2 is, it will never contain "everything". There are going to be several areas people wanted to have certain things implemented that will not make it in... However, you'll see that since the base was created with PC1, what they were able to add in for PC2 is pretty astonishing (which means each iteration will have more "wants" added as there is less foundations to create).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    As good as PC2 is, it will never contain "everything". There are going to be several areas people wanted to have certain things implemented that will not make it in...
    No doubt. But that one I thought was in for sure since it was such an obvious shortcoming in PC1.

However, you'll see that since the base was created with PC1, what they were able to add in for PC2 is pretty astonishing (which means each iteration will have more "wants" added as there is less foundations to create).
    Well I don't see the physics getting any simpler. If it's the complexity of the physics that's preventing this, then I don't see it ever getting implemented.

That said, I don't see why it's that complicated to save the state of the system. Surely there's a big struct that contains that information. Just save it to a file. It also brings up the question, why would you make your physics model that complex if you can't save its state?
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Platform
    PC
    Well I don't see the physics getting any simpler. If it's the complexity of the physics that's preventing this, then I don't see it ever getting implemented.
    That's not what I'm talking about at all. What I'm suggesting is as they slow down work on the core system, those resources and time will be able to work on other capabilities.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    That's not what I'm talking about at all. What I'm suggesting is as they slow down work on the core system, those resources and time will be able to work on other capabilities.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I felt like the physics of PC1 was its strong point but all the other stuff like menus, game play, etc. were weaker. So I'm puzzled that they chose to devote much of their resources to overhauling the physics model. I'm not saying that there wasn't room for improvement but it was pretty good already. I think I'd have focused on the areas that weren't pretty good.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Ah, thanks for the clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I felt like the physics of PC1 was its strong point but all the other stuff like menus, game play, etc. were weaker. So I'm puzzled that they chose to devote much of their resources to overhauling the physics model. I'm not saying that there wasn't room for improvement but it was pretty good already. I think I'd have focused on the areas that weren't pretty good.
    To make it more realistic, I mean that is one of the goals of making a sim.... isn't it?
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you