Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key/Button Mappings in Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Key/Button Mappings in Project Cars 2

Hi,

Can someone who has played PCars 2 please confirm if you are able to set a button/key to adjust diff settings. This was missing from PCars 1 (unless there was a way to do it outside of GUI) and would be really handy for tuning (like how F1 drivers can adjust the diff settings from their steering wheel whilst driving).

Different question, but I'd also like to know if you are now able to look at all of your individual laptimes from a race post race, or can you still only see your fastest and have to rely on external apps like pCarsDash for this?

Thanks,
    Brad

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yes you could keymap to buttons - however i didnt test all combinations myself. You could also map the FFB.. so you could adjust FFB settings on the fly also without going to menu, so im assuming everything else was configurable.
    Last edited by drathuu; 15-09-2017 at 04:47.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.
    The following user likes this Post: Brado23

Platform
    PC
    I really hope theres a way to save button configurations so that if you change wheel rims you can just load another configuration rather then have to remap everything

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake-Lee43 View Post
    I really hope theres a way to save button configurations so that if you change wheel rims you can just load another configuration rather then have to remap everything
    The only way currently would be to make back-ups of your controller config files belonging to each rim, and copy them over when switching rims.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    From some video's I have seen of the release version of Project Cars 2 today, it still doesn't look like you can map diff adjustments to keys/buttons from the GUI. Can someone tell me how it is done in pCars 1 or 2 by modifying files or other on PC version? I could see settings for FFB adjustments but not diff.

Thanks.

Platform
    PC
    No, you cannot modify diff settings while driving. SMS does not have a Formula 1 car in the title.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ok, thanks.

It does have Formula A and Formula X though where being able to adjust that on the fly would be handy.

Maybe the ability to map this can be added as patch sometime after release?

Platform
    PC
    I doubt we'll see a niche feature like that added for PC2 but you never know.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by drathuu View Post
    Yes you could keymap to buttons - however i didnt test all combinations myself. You could also map the FFB.. so you could adjust FFB settings on the fly also without going to menu, so im assuming everything else was configurable.
    This is a fantastic addition.

Platform
    PC
    I haven't found mappings for TC also. Does it mean that no car available in pC2 has onboard control over TC efficiency?
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit