Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Workaround] Can't configure control - 'Multiple inputs detected, no action taken'

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Potential Workaround for VR With Head Look

Unfortunately none of the solutions listed here work for me.

I have however found a workaround that works for me 100% and let's me successfully map buttons on my T500RS/F1 Wheel.

Click the EDIT ASSIGNMENTS menu button with the mouse rather than any mapped button (or move the mouse so that you have an arrow pointer instead of the in game target cursor).

When I do this it no longer detects multiple inputs.

FYI I am using Project Cars 2 with Oculus Rift and gaze functionality turned on. It almost seems as if the game is interpreting head motion as a controller input. Perhaps this is why moving the mouse and letting the mouse control cursor movement temporarily "fixes" the problem?

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: I notice I have an input conflict on some Steam VR menus as well with my T500RS plugged in. It appears it's my braking axis...when I apply 50% breaking the haywire inputs cease.
    Last edited by EG1000; 24-12-2017 at 21:39.
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer-11 View Post
    I grabbed a copy of DIView. When I examine the raw data for the Accuforce wheel I see many more axes listed than the actual device has. In particular there are x/y/z rotation axes show by DIView. These rotation axes are "jittering"
    Thanks Boxer your finding/research does really make sense.
    Sounds like this "Multiple axes.." isnt really a bug but more a combination of too high sensitivity in the software sensering and too much flickering from some controller outputs.
    Specially your advice about lowering the sensitivity by "changed the minimum value in the calibration data" sounds extremely usefull.

At least for people wanting to solve the problem instead of just shouting bugs, bugs, bugs.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    SOlved it again on my MMOS SMall Miger DD wheel after losing my steering assignments for no apparent reason. This time when getting the multiple inputs detected I turned the wheel about 180 degrees then started to return wheel to CENTER. On the way back to center it assigns the input. Hope this helps.
    i5 7600k OC to 4.9, ASUS GTX 1070 O.C. to 4.4, 16GB DDR4 2100 RAM, Rift, OSW Ioni 1x, Ioni Pro, small Mige, Fanatec CSL LC pedals, TH8 shifty.

Platform
    PC
    i mapped my controls last night fine now i tryed to do it again and im having this issue with mapping the steering really upsetting me
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i mapped my controls last night fine now i tryed to do it again and im having this issue with mapping the steering really upsetting me
    Same here. Funny its 2 of us in one day. I just reinstalled have had it installed several times before this and never had this problem. Both my throttle and steer right keep ending up as +x even though it worked fine for the first couple hours while I was messing with VR settings. I go into a game and options and get it fixed ther e but then the game sets it back again. frustrated beyond belief works fine in all other games

I'm using a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and csl elite lc pedals.
    Last edited by bassape207; 25-06-2019 at 01:39.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bassape207 View Post
    Same here. Funny its 2 of us in one day. I just reinstalled have had it installed several times before this and never had this problem. Both my throttle and steer right keep ending up as +x even though it worked fine for the first couple hours while I was messing with VR settings. I go into a game and options and get it fixed ther e but then the game sets it back again. frustrated beyond belief works fine in all other games

I'm using a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and csl elite lc pedals.
    Logitech G29 my pedals and button box are fine its just my steering i cant program i uninstalled the game and am reinstalling it now hope it fixes it and my wheel works fine in PC1 and American and Euro truck simulators so im not sure what the problem is want to say its a PC2 problem but it might be something else not really sure i play the games have no idea how any thing works
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    UPDATE i uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and it fixed this problem all is good now just did a test session around road america in a chevy indycar

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    With a OSW, Huesinkveld pedals, seq shifter and handbrake. I had to do a combination of DIView (mainly for huesinkveld pedals) and also rotating wheel 180 deg then back. I actually unplugged the pedals, and still couldn't get it to work. DIView was remarkably stable with the wheel alone, and no other device was showing jitter. The "rotate 180 deg then back to center" worked... at some point (by this time I'd spent >hr messing around).

Either way, it's the worst controller setup 've seen in a racing game for quite some time. Others can get it right... <whine mode: disabled>

anyway; next: vr and FFB.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Potential Solution

Quote Originally Posted by scornflake View Post
    With a OSW, Huesinkveld pedals, seq shifter and handbrake. I had to do a combination of DIView (mainly for huesinkveld pedals) and also rotating wheel 180 deg then back. I actually unplugged the pedals, and still couldn't get it to work. DIView was remarkably stable with the wheel alone, and no other device was showing jitter. The "rotate 180 deg then back to center" worked... at some point (by this time I'd spent >hr messing around).

Either way, it's the worst controller setup 've seen in a racing game for quite some time. Others can get it right... <whine mode: disabled>

anyway; next: vr and FFB.
    I found that when I looked in Device manager, there were 2 devices listed for my wheel, I disabled one of them and suddenly the horrendous understeer I was getting in almost every corner disappeared. Might be worth a shot for anyone getting this issue.