Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160
Results 1,591 to 1,598 of 1598

Thread: Jack Spade Custom FFB Files

Platform
    PC
    Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues with Custom FFB files.
    My CSL elite suffers of serious steeringwheel judder/wobble, even when the car is still in the pitbox.

At the moment I'm running PC2 with the Christiaan FFB files, V2.3.
    I didn't have the issues with Jack Spade's files.
    But I do like the details more running the one from Cristiaan.

Is there anything I can adjust in the txt file itself? Or some other adjustments?

The issue is less noticeable with the Fanatec P1 round steeringwheel. But using a Formula V2, which has a smaller diameter, it is a punishment from time to time.

Thanks in advance.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You should try popsracers & "silver project" as well. They feel different (better on my wheel base), so maybe helps you.
    Last edited by KArsten Hvidberg; 29-10-2020 at 15:14.
    The following user likes this Post: Kuku Maddog

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello and good day

I'm new to this forum (and an "proper" attempt to sim-racing altogether). I've been "playing" racing games with the keyboard or X-Box controllers for about 20 years but finally decided to get a Fanatec Wheel (CSL Elite) and get more serious about it. I've been trying around different settings and games/sims for the last couple of weeks and I'm finally getting more awareness in the little details regarding FFB simulation. Anyway, I found the suggestion/recommendation for this thread in the Fanatec support forums and now I'm here.

JackSpade: Thanks a lot for providing this and all the effort you must have put into this.

Anyway I have a question. I'm still a little confused about the differences in the provided files. I decided to go the way using the "sopdiff" files for now. So do I understand correctly, the "stan" files are with artificial road noise, the "alt" files are without. But what about the "tire" files, are they with or without artificial road noise? Also I don't see at the moment what the difference "hi" "mid" and "lo" means in this regard.

DD is direct drive I assume (which I don't have).
    Last edited by Wanderkroete; 26-12-2020 at 11:30.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Welcome

Hi ,mid and low refers to the spec or class level of wheel .
    High is for things like fanatec and top thrustmaster wheel
    Mid for the next step down in belt driven wheels like thrustmaster tx/t300 etc
    Low is for entry level gear driven wheels .

Each wheel class has different strengths and sensitivity.

T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    Intel core i5-3470 3.2-3.6 MHz , 8gb DDR3
    MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb Ventus 1
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Running 4K

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for your response. So I have an entry level Fanatec and if that qualifies for high... ok thanks :-)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    Welcome

Hi ,mid and low refers to the spec or class level of wheel .
    High is for things like fanatec and top thrustmaster wheel
    Mid for the next step down in belt driven wheels like thrustmaster tx/t300 etc
    Low is for entry level gear driven wheels .

Each wheel class has different strengths and sensitivity.
    Wow, I would have never guessed that from looking at the file names. I thought it was high, medium, and low compression. It would be nice if the original post could be updated to indicate that information as it is not obvious. Kuku Maddog, THANK YOU so much for clarifying that. I have a lowly Logitech G29 and I just happened to pick the "tire low comp" file as my first test and what an incredible difference it made in the feel of my wheel. I just got lucky that I picked low for a low level wheel. ;-) And thanks to Wanderkroete for asking the question I was afraid to. I would have never known otherwise. Also Thanks to JackSpade for creating these files. I'm just getting into sim racing and there is a LOT to learn but I'm really liking PC2.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Kuku Maddog, SwiftyOne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRoy View Post
    Wow, I would have never guessed that from looking at the file names. I thought it was high, medium, and low compression. It would be nice if the original post could be updated to indicate that information as it is not obvious. Kuku Maddog, THANK YOU so much for clarifying that. I have a lowly Logitech G29 and I just happened to pick the "tire low comp" file as my first test and what an incredible difference it made in the feel of my wheel. I just got lucky that I picked low for a low level wheel. ;-) And thanks to Wanderkroete for asking the question I was afraid to. I would have never known otherwise. Also Thanks to JackSpade for creating these files. I'm just getting into sim racing and there is a LOT to learn but I'm really liking PC2.
    You don’t see much of Jack these days, he started all this along long time ago with custom settings for project cars 1, the sim has kinda got to that stage where there’s no updates and things are what they are, it’s still great and with recent new custom files coming in from popsracer , Karstens SilverRaw, and Christians new pure model , carrying on the torch.
    things have really improved in terms of immersion and enjoyment .
    This title starting with pc1 has been a great introduction and rapid learning curve for me, the understandings and terminology you learn from this will put you in good stead for other sims.
    I’m finding myself spending more and more time in Automobilsita 2 which is like the natural successor to pc2, And Karsten is the absolute guru of custom FFB with it.

T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    Intel core i5-3470 3.2-3.6 MHz , 8gb DDR3
    MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb Ventus 1
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Running 4K
    The following user likes this Post: SwiftyOne

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Awesome!!! Thank you!