Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183
Results 1,821 to 1,825 of 1825

Thread: On the topic of AI

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yannara View Post
    I drove Porsche Cayman Championship with solid 80% every race and AI was excelent. Then I moved to Lambrchini championship, first track with 80% was solid, but after that I had to jump between 70-75 to manage. At the end, I qualified poorly with AI 70, but beat everyone in the race coming from last to first. Damn, I was hoping the AI would get fixed, but no....
    Last patch was in 2018. What makes you think something changed since then?

Keep in mind, the AI varies depending on local, regional or national races within the race series. And then the AI will vary with the series as well (i.e. the higher the series, the stronger the AI). I recommend using Quick Race mode, to find your sweet spot for the AI and then use that in Career mode if you are going to keep doing career mode. There will be some races that are easy at the level you set, and they are supposed to be. This means the races will be harder, when they are supposed to be... Unfortunately, for all of this to make sense, you have to understand how the progression works for a real life race driver which many "gamers" are not necessarily exposed to...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Last patch was in 2018. What makes you think something changed since then?

Keep in mind, the AI varies depending on local, regional or national races within the race series. And then the AI will vary with the series as well (i.e. the higher the series, the stronger the AI). I recommend using Quick Race mode, to find your sweet spot for the AI and then use that in Career mode if you are going to keep doing career mode. There will be some races that are easy at the level you set, and they are supposed to be. This means the races will be harder, when they are supposed to be... Unfortunately, for all of this to make sense, you have to understand how the progression works for a real life race driver which many "gamers" are not necessarily exposed to...
    Yea, so AI is not solid in this game and will never be. Quick race for each series and even for every track is too much time consuming. I won first race with 80 and last tracks I get shit beat out of me even with AI being 60. Also Quick race is not the answer, because it takes about 30min to learn the track propertly.

With Porsche it seemed very promising to me, but going forward I experienced again big disapointement.

Platform
    PC
    After few Championships on GT4, I started GT3 where I realized the AI was much tuffer and faster. I was 4 sec behind in Practise. But then something happend - I changed tyres from Hard to Soft and took some fuel away, and I was 4 seconds faster

Just thinking, how do you guys select tyres (hard vs. soft). Maybe in Qualify, you should select soft and low fuel to get better position? I was supprised that tyre selection affected so much....

Kart Driver
    Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Generally speaking, yes, absolutely, in qualifying put on softs, dump fuel, close up all the ducts, do any trick you can think of to get a better position. Remember, you only need one good lap. For the race usually you'd pick hards or softs based on things like race length, ambient/track temps, etc. Some leagues (IndyCar particularly) want you to run at least one set of each as in real life, sometimes you'd have to consider that as well.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not a solution for AI, but maybe could help:
    https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...49#post1609949