Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server configuration

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    For REAL weather, set WeatherSlots : 0 - Be warned, there is currently a bug whereby it seems only the "host" recevies the real weatehr conditions and everyone else in the room recevies clear skies.

For Weather and Time progression, set both to the same value, i.e.:

RaceDateProgression 2
    RaceWeatherProgression 2

This will give both the same rate of progression. Accepted values are 1, 2, 5, 10, 12, etc up to 60

Hope that helps.

Also, as mentioned above, check in the Dedicated Server folder for the Server Types PDF. Tis has all the details of each attribute and their acceptable values.
    Well, first of all thanks. I have read all the documentation and I haven't found that information. Yes, I have seen values for date progression go from 1 to 60 and weather progression go from 1 to 30, but there's no clue about how to set "sync to race" values. And I don't think using the same multiplayer in both of them would make that work, as you're only getting the time and weather changing at the same pace, but that doesn't mean they're synchronized to race length, do they? Or is that the official way to make that work?

I haven't found also where it says that weatherslots = 0 would mean that is real weather, despite I assumed that.

Anyway: thanks again

Regards
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz - 8 GB RAM (1600Mhz) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 3 x 19" TFT monitors (playing resolution 3840x1024) + Samsung 40" LED TV (1920x1080) - Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Ed.-Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v3 - Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter - TrackIR 5 - SimXperience SimVibe (4 bass transducers) - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Sounblaster Xfi - Windows 10 - 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD Drive - 4 x 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM Hard disks

PCars2 Force Feedback explained. includes recommended settings and tips.
    PCars2 Force Feedback spreadsheet. Includes recommended device settings and FFB parameters for all cars and tracks. Also custom FFB flavor file.
    PCars1 Force Feedback Guide
    PCars1 Force Feedback spreadsheet. Includes recommended device settings and FFB parameters for all cars.
    Member of HistorX Modding Team

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dantonaya View Post
    Well. I have some issues whit DS. I have some questions that i cant find the answer in the servertypes.pdf
    First i want to rotate tracks, it works properly but i have problems whit the weather. I set clear but always its lightraining.
    Second is it possible change the admin? I mean..why the first that entered in the server is the admin?
    Third. I set manual pit control but only works on my pc..
    Im sorry for my english.
    I used to run a league on rFactor many years ago and you could take the admin control of the dedicated server from someone else by entering something like /admin [password] in the chat. You could also change and do a lot of other things from the chat window as there were a whole heap of commands that were preceeded by a / in the chat window. I'd like to see something similar on the pCars2 dedicated server.

See here for the sort of things I mean.... http://racingforjesus.com/joomla_15/...d=33&Itemid=71

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brado23 View Post
    I used to run a league on rFactor many years ago and you could take the admin control of the dedicated server from someone else by entering something like /admin [password] in the chat. You could also change and do a lot of other things from the chat window as there were a whole heap of commands that were preceeded by a / in the chat window. I'd like to see something similar on the pCars2 dedicated server.

See here for the sort of things I mean.... http://racingforjesus.com/joomla_15/...d=33&Itemid=71
    Major +1 to that.
    The following user likes this Post: m00ndancer

Platform
    PC
    Ups. wrong thread.
    | CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700X | GPU: RX Vega 64 | RAM: 32GB| VR: HTC VIVE | Wheel: Fanatec |

Platform
    PC
    As promised, here is my list of Dedicated Server issues we have encountered in preparation for our upcoming league season.

Server conditions are as follows:
    - Using Server.CFG file to manage setup
    - Using SMS_BASE and SMS_STATS LUA scripts
    - SERVER.CFG file attached (names and addresses have been changed to protect the innocent )

Code:
    "//" : "You can use dummy entries like this to write comments into the config. 'rem' and '#' are also supported as comment entries."// But in recent version of the server, standard C++ like one-liner comments are supported as well.

//////////////////////////
    // Basic server options //

// Logging level of the server. Messages of this severity and more important will be logged. Can be any of debug/info/warning/error.
    logLevel : "info"

// Number of gameplay events stored on the server. Oldest ones will be discarded once the game logs more.
    eventsLogSize : 10000

// The server's name, this will appear in server browser (when implemented) and will be also the default name of sessions hosted on the server.
    name : "CanAm VRL [www.canamvrl.com]"

// Authenticate users with Steam to check VAC ban when set to true.
    secure : true

// Password required to create sessions on the server as well as to join the sessions, password set in Create options is ignored on DS.
    password : "********"

// Maximum size of sessions that can be created on this server.
    // Note that setting this above 16 will allow sessions unjoinable by 32-bit clients to be created on the server.
    // The game also currently does not support sessions larger than 32, even if the server can be configured for up to 64 players.
    maxPlayerCount : 32

// IP address where the server's sockets should be bound. Leave empty for 'all interfaces'.
    bindIP : ""

// ports used to communicate with Steam and game, they must all be accessible on the public IP of the server.
    steamPort : 8766
    hostPort : 27015
    queryPort : 27016

// Delay between server ticks in milliseconds, when not hosting and when hosting a game, respectively.
    // Lower values will make the server more responsible and decrease latency by a bit at the expense of higher CPU usage.
    sleepWaiting : 50
    sleepActive : 10

// Sports Play will use system sockets instead of Steam networking API. Recommended for offline LAN-only events.
    // Use cmdline switch -sportsplay serverIp:hostPort on client to host and join games on sportsPlay server.
    sportsPlay: false

// (blacklist and whitelist is intentionally not included in this basic sample config as they can complicate things a bit.)

///////////////////////////
    // HttpApi configuration //
    ///////////////////////////

// This provides http-based API and basic web-based controls using a built-in http server.
    // HttpApi is disabled by default, and if you enable it with everything else left to default it will listen only locally on 127.0.0.1:9000

// Master enable/disable toggle.
    enableHttpApi : true

// Similar to logLevel above but used only for libwebsockets output.
    // Note that all logging still goes through the main filter, so you won't be able to use more verbose logging here than the main level.
    httpApiLogLevel : "warning"

// Interface name or IP where to bind the local http server providing the API and web-based controls.
    // This is the textual name of the interface as assigned by your OS, or IP address of the interface.
    // The default value is "127.0.0.1", change it to an empty string to bind the listen socket to all available interfaces.
    httpApiInterface : "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

// Port where the local http server listens.
    httpApiPort : 9000

// Map with extra HTTP headers to add to HTTP API responses.
    // The keys are the conditions for adding the headers, the values are the headers to add.
    // There are no conditions supported yet, so just use "*" for a generic wildard for now, that will match everything in the future too.
    httpApiExtraHeaders : {
        "*" : "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *"
    }

// Http API access level overrides.
    // Each HTTP API endpoint defines its default access level, usually one of "public", "private" or "admin".
    // This map can override these levels to anything else. The keys are wildcard endpoint paths, and the values are the
    // access levels to use. The first path that matches will be used, processing them in the order as written here.
    // The wildcard patterns are case-sensitive and can contain:
    // - '*': matches 0 or more characters
    // - '%': matches 0 or more characters except for forward slash
    // - '?': matches 1 character
    httpApiAccessLevels : {
        // The default is empty, using defaults as defined by the endpoints themselves.

// But you could for example use this to change all access levels to public (not recommended!)
        // "*" : "public"

// Or this to hide the status from public
        // "" : "private"
        // "status" : "private"

// And similar to hide the help and lists from public
        // "api/help" : "private"
        // "api/list*" : "private"

// As you can see from the example above, the paths should be written with no initial or trailing slashes.
    }

// Filtering rules for the access levels.
    // The default access levels are "public", "private" and "admin", but the httpAccessLevels above can define any additional levels.
    // This map then tells the server who has access to which level. It's a map from level names to filtering rules.
    //
    // Filtering rules are then specified as a list of structures, processed in the order as written in the config.
    // Each rule structure contains a type" and then type-specific fields. The supported types are:
    // - "accept": Accept this request, no additional checks.
    // - "reject": Reject this request, no additional checks.
    // - "reject-password": Reject this request and let the client know that a password is required, no additional checks.
    // - "ip-accept": Accept this request if it matches the "ip" mask in CIDR notation (for example, "192.168.1.0/24")
    // - "ip-reject": Reject this request if it matches the "ip" mask in CIDR notation (for example, "192.168.1.0/24")
    // - "user": Accept this request if it authenticates as given "user".
    // - "group" : Accept this request if it authenticates as given "group".
    //
    // User/group authentication is done using the standard HTTP basic access authentication (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication).
    httpApiAccessFilters : {

// Public rules. The default is to accept everything.
        "public" : [
            { "type" : "accept" }
        ],

// Private rules. The default is to accept queries from localhost, queries authenticated as users in the "private" group
        // and to reject anything else.
        "private" : [
            { "type" : "ip-accept", "ip" : "0.0.0.0/32" },
            { "type" : "group", "group" : "private" },
            { "type" : "reject-password" }
        ],

// Admin rules. The default is to accept queries from localhost, queries authenticated as users in the "admin" group
        // and to reject anything else.
        "admin" : [
            { "type" : "ip-accept", "ip" : "0.0.0.0/32" },
            { "type" : "group", "group" : "admin" },
            { "type" : "reject-password" }
        ],

}

// User list. Map from user names to passwords, in plain text.
    httpApiUsers : {
        // "stepan" : "foo",
        // "michal" : "bar",
    "yyy" : "********",
    "yyy" : "********",
    }

// User groups. Map from group names to lists of users in said groups.
    httpApiGroups : {
        // "private" : [ "stepan", "michal" ],
        // "admin" : [ "stepan" ],
        "private" : [ "yyy", "yyy" ],
        "admin" : [ "yyy", "yyy" ],
    }

// Root directory where the static files for the web tool are located. Relative to current directory.
    staticWebFiles: "web_files"

// LuaApi configuration //

// Lua API allows the server to be extended by in-server scripting in Lua.
    // The server is running Lua version 5.3, currently with no sandboxing applied to the add-ons. All standard Lua library functions are available.

// WARNING: The LuaApi is not final and the following breaking changes are planned soon:
    // - Rename Lua addon metadata files from *.txt to *.json
    // - Remove default config from the metadata and put it into separate file *_default_config.json
    // - Separate config and persistent data, so that data saved by addons will not pollute the config files, and the config files will retain all comments from the default files.

// Master enable/disable toggle.
    enableLuaApi : true

// Root directory from which the Lua addons are loaded. Relative to current directory if it's not absolute.
    luaAddonRoot: "lua"

// Root directory where the addon configs will be stored if written out by addons. Default configs are defined in the addon base text files.
    luaConfigRoot: "lua_config"

// Root directory where the addon output will be written, once supported. For now the io functions can write anywhere, but this will be limited to this directory in the future.
    luaOutputRoot: "lua_output"

// Names of all Lua addons to load. The addons will be loaded in the specified order. Each addon can list other addons as its dependencies, which attempt to load those first.
    // The server will load addons from directory specified in "luaAddonRoot", loading of each addon will start by loading its config from ADDON_NAME/ADDON_NAME.txt
    luaApiAddons : [

// Core server bootup scripts and helper functions. This will be always loaded first even if not specified here because it's an implicit dependency of all addons.
        "sms_base",

// Automatic race setup rotation.
        //"sms_rotate",

// Sends greetings messages to joining members, optionally with race setup info, optionally also whenever returning back to lobby post-race.
        //"sms_motd",

// Tracks various stats on the server - server, session and player stats.
        "sms_stats",
    ]

// Names of all lua libraries that are allowed to be used by any addons.
    luaAllowedLibraries : [

"lib_rotate"
    ]

////////////////////////////////
    // Game setup control options //

// Set to true to make this server show up in the browser even if it's empty.
    allowEmptyJoin : true

// Set to true to enable API that allows the server to control the game's setup. The host will not be able to control the setup if this is set.
    // Set to true to enable API that allows the server to control the game's setup. The host will not be able to control the setup if this is set.
    // This must be set to "true" for the following attributes to work: ServerControlsTrack, ServerControlsVehicleClass, ServerControlsVehicle
    controlGameSetup : false

// Initial attribute values, see /api/list/attributes/session for the full list.
    // These attributes will be used when joining an empty server via the borwser (if allowEmptyJoin is true) and as the intial attributes for the set_attributes and set_next_attributes APIs (if controlGameSetup is true)
    // The defaults set these values:
    sessionAttributes : {
        // The host player can control track selection if set to 0. Set to 1 to disable track selection in the game.
        "ServerControlsTrack" : 0,

// The host player can change the vehicle class by going through the garage if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the class.
        // Flag FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (1024) should be also set for this to make sense, otherwise players are able to choose cars from any class.
        "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 0,

// Players can change their vehicle if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the vehicle.
        // Flag FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES (2) should be also set for this to make sense.
        "ServerControlsVehicle" : 0,

// Grid size up to 32, all reserved to players, so no AI.
        // Note that 32-bit clients will not be able to join the game if this is larger than 16.
        "GridSize" : 32,
        "MaxPlayers" : 32,

// Timed races.
        "PracticeLength" : 45,
        "QualifyLength" : 45,
        "RaceLength" : 90,

// Race flags - bitfield consisting of many flags, the default is set like this:
        // ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP (8) + ABS_ALLOWED (32) + SC_ALLOWED (64) + TCS_ALLOWED (128) + "
        // FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (512) + FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI (131072) + AUTO_START_ENGINE (524288) = 656106"
        // See /api/list/flags/session in HTTP API, or globals "lists.flags.session" or "SessionFlags" in Lua API for the full list.
        "Flags" : -1627650792,

// AI opponent difficulty, from 0 to 100. Applies only on loading if GridSize is larger than MaxPlayers, and the FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI flag is enabled.
        "OpponentDifficulty" : 50,

// Visual only damage
        "DamageType" : 3,

// No tire wear.
        "TireWearType" : 5,

// Fuel usage off.
        "FuelUsageType" : 0,

// Penalties on.
        "PenaltiesType" : 1,
        "PitWhiteLinePenalty" : 1,
        "DriveThroughPenalty" : 1,
        "AllowablePenaltyTime" : 15,
        "PitControl" : 1,
        "ManualRollingStarts" : 1,
        "RaceRollingStart" : 1,
        "RaceFormationLap" : 1,

// Any camera view allowed.
        "AllowedViews" : 0,

// Track Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP. See /api/list/tracks/ in HTTP API or globals "lists.tracks", "id_to_track" or "name_to_track" in Lua API.
        "TrackId" : -52972612,

"MultiClassSlots" : 3,
        "MultiClassSlot1" : -564539194,
        "MultiClassSlot2" : 1740243009,
        "MultiClassSlot3" : -112887377,

// Vehicle class Road A. See /api/list/vehicle_classes/ in HTTP API or globals "lists.vehicle_classes", "id_to_vehicle_class" or "name_to_vehicle_class" in Lua API.
        "VehicleClassId" :  1740243009, 

// Vehicle McLaren 720S (but not forced by default flags). See /api/list/vehicles/ in HTTP API or globals "lists.vehicles", "id_to_vehicle" or "name_to_vehicle" in Lua API.
        "VehicleModelId" : 1106819298,

// Starting date and time.
        "PracticeDateYear" : 2017,
        "PracticeDateMonth" : 10,
        "PracticeDateDay" : 1,
        "PracticeDateHour" : 12,
        "PracticeDateProgression" : 2,
        "PracticeWeatherProgression" : 2,

// Single weather slot set to "Weather_Clear1". See /api/list/enums/weather in HTTP API or globals "lists.enums.weather" or "Weather" in Lua API.
        "PracticeWeatherSlots" : 1,
        "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : -934211870,
        "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : -934211870,
        "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : -934211870,
        "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : -934211870,    

"QualifyDateYear" : 2017,
        "QualifyDateMonth" : 10,
        "QualifyDateDay" : 1,
        "QualifyDateHour" : 13,
        "QualifyDateProgression" : 2,
        "QualifyWeatherProgression" : 2,

// Single weather slot set to "Weather_Clear1". See /api/list/enums/weather in HTTP API or globals "lists.enums.weather" or "Weather" in Lua API.
        "QualifyWeatherSlots" : 1,
        "QualifyWeatherSlot1" : -934211870,
        "QualifyWeatherSlot2" : -934211870,
        "QualifyWeatherSlot3" : -934211870,
        "QualifyWeatherSlot4" : -934211870,

"RaceDateYear" : 2017,
        "RaceDateMonth" : 10,
        "RaceDateDay" : 1,
        "RaceDateHour" : 14,
        "RaceDateProgression" : 2,
        "RaceWeatherProgression" : 2,

"RaceWeatherSlots" : 1,
        "RaceWeatherSlot1" : -934211870,
        "RaceWeatherSlot2" : -934211870,
        "RaceWeatherSlot3" : -934211870,
        "RaceWeatherSlot4" : -934211870,
    }

Intention is to have server control rules, Tracks, and vehicle classes. Vehicle classes should be set for the following 3 classes:

• LMP2
    • GTE
    • GT3

Primary and most serious issues/concerns:

• If controlGameSetup : true, all server settings appear to work correctly HOWEVER only one person can join the server. No one else is able to connect either via the online browser or via Steam "Join Game" option
    • If controlGameSetup : false, then everyone is able to join, but car selection is limited to the same vehicle that the "host" is in. - This item is resolved. There was an issue in my CFG file.

Less critical, yet "annoying" are the following:

• Server Status screen does not properly reflect the settings in the SERVER.CFG file, however on track, everything seems to work as set.
    • Specific attributes affected are:
      • Session Date shows today's date, not the configured date - Session launches with correct configured dates (Display issue only)
      • Session indicates COLLISION NO - Display issue only. Collisions are in full effect on track
      • Session indicates MANUAL PIT CONTROL NO - Manual Pit control is working

• 14 AI present during first session after server restart. Leave session, server closes session, rejoin and start new session, no AI

I cannot and will not comment on any issues regarding the use of the LUA scripts such as SMS_ROTATION, as I am not using them. While I am sure there are other smaller issues with the DS, the fact that only 1 person can join the server when the server is set to control the game settings is by far the most serious one.

For the record, this SERVER.CFG file is built using the new format, but using the same settings as we used for 2.5 years in pCARS1 DS. Also, the current pCARS2 DS is running at the latest version (patch 1.1.3.2), shown as 1.0.0.45 on http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...ex.php/servers
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 03-10-2017 at 03:58.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X w/Wraith Spire Cooler MoBo - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 16GB 3200 DDR4, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: m00ndancer, yons

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Primary and most serious issues/concerns:

If controlGameSetup : true, all server settings appear to work correctly HOWEVER only one person can join the server. No one else is able to connect either via the online browser or via Steam "Join Game" option
    For me, doesn't matter how controlGameSetup is configured, lobby invite and steam join doesn't work... Reports in this thread...

If controlGameSetup : false, then everyone is able to join, but car selection is limited to the same vehicle that the "host" is in.
    Did you try to set the server flags ?
    Last edited by epinter; 02-10-2017 at 16:17.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by epinter View Post
    For me, doesn't matter how controlGameSetup is configured, lobby invite and steam join doesn't work... Reports in this thread...

Did you try to set the server flags ?
    Yes, it's set for FORCE_MULTI_VEHICLE_CLASS, but thanks for double checking. The file above is the version we tried to use once the issue of being able to join was found. Originally, we had these settings:

Code:

// This must be set to "true" for the following attributes to work: ServerControlsTrack, ServerControlsVehicleClass, ServerControlsVehicle
    controlGameSetup : true

// Initial attribute values, see /api/list/attributes/session for the full list.
    // These attributes will be used when joining an empty server via the borwser (if allowEmptyJoin is true) and as the intial attributes for the set_attributes and set_next_attributes APIs (if controlGameSetup is true)
        // The host player can control track selection if set to 0. Set to 1 to disable track selection in the game.

// The host player can change the vehicle class by going through the garage if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the class.
        // Flag FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (1024) should be also set for this to make sense, otherwise players are able to choose cars from any class.
        "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 3,

// Players can change their vehicle if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the vehicle.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X w/Wraith Spire Cooler MoBo - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 16GB 3200 DDR4, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Yes, it's set for FORCE_MULTI_VEHICLE_CLASS, but thanks for double checking. The file above is the version we tried to use once the issue of being able to join was found. Originally, we had these settings:

Code:

controlGameSetup : true

"ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 3,

The flag I needed to unset was the FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I thought the Join thing was fixed on fridays update ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tested yesterday, Steam join doesn't work with dedicated servers.